• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Splintered

unsavory tart
The life long argument... IS SHEIK ZELDA IN DISGUISE, OR ANOTHER ENTITY POSSESSING HER BODY? I like the Manga's idea of it imo ;-;
This was actually a debate?

I thought this was a fanfiction device so that fans could finally write the Link yaoi they always wanted.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think the general impression of the ending was that he was riding towards Hyrule, probably to help out Zelda because I mean, what the fuck else are you gonna do after you've been through the shit he has?

AoL Link definitely gets with Zelda, Spirit Tracks sets up L/Z for the future, and OoT is up in the air because from what I hear, it's implied the Hero's Shade or whatever maybe have actually been that Link, so he could have become a knight for Hyrule much like A Link to the Past's Link.

other than that I have no idea.
You forgot the handheld OoA/OoS wherein Link gets a kiss from Zelda if you beat both games.
3297744465_7dd2f698de.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Splintered got a hole in one.

The life long argument... IS SHEIK ZELDA IN DISGUISE, OR ANOTHER ENTITY POSSESSING HER BODY? I like the Manga's idea of it imo ;-;

I initially thought the manga's version was cool, but someone did point out that it also causes Character Derailment for Zelda: rather than having her actually train to be a badass and evade the King of Evil for seven years with her own wit and magic, she instead had a spell cast on her so she could fall asleep and essentially let someone else do the fighting for her.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I've been planning on playing it for ages now. But I heard about was it... Link having a sister? And the world being flooded? And the art style is like lol wat?

None of these are bad things.
Link having a sister is the macguffin that introduces Zelda the badass since Link's trying to save someone else's butt this time around.

Which Manga? The one with or without the 4komas? They had different ideas.
And I'm not sure how official the other one was.
Also, on the subject of Zelda Manga, I fucking love the LttP manga with the thief and the apple orchard.
Anyways, it's Zelda. Long and short of it. Even if she's Zelda under a mind whammy, she's Zelda.
Zelda at the end of TP, THAT'S possession.

Illyia or however the fuck you spell it? But she's so... boring. XD

She is. But fuck, I ain't Link. I'm just reporting, I'm not preferring.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I thought this was a fanfiction device so that fans could finally write the Link yaoi they always wanted.

Why do you pick on me? ;__; Most of us Yaoi fans have to ship Link with his shadow to get our Yaoi fix- okay I'm done. :awesome:

LOL but no, it's actually something that people STILL argue about. I personally don't care what it really is either way, I just always liked the Manga idea that Sheik was a separate character. c: Idk, it made me think about it differently. As like not... canon... as the manga may be. xD

I think it'd be cool if she used another being to take control over her body. Seems epic.

I initially thought the manga's version was cool, but someone did point out that it also causes Character Derailment for Zelda: rather than having her actually train to be a badass and evade the King of Evil for seven years with her own wit and magic, she instead had a spell cast on her so she could fall asleep and essentially let someone else do the fighting for her.

Yeah, that's the only thing that sets me off about the whole thing. xD While I like the idea of Sheik being separate, I also like that part being Zelda as a character.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
She is. But fuck, I ain't Link. I'm just reporting, I'm not preferring.
By the end of the game it felt like she was such a bit character and Link was way more worried about Zelda and Midna than Illia, but that could be because they were generally in more genuine danger than the farmgirl. Either way, I didn't feel like she was meant to be the final outcome girl of the game.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Also, on the subject of Zelda Manga, I fucking love the LttP manga with the thief and the apple orchard.
Anyways, it's Zelda. Long and short of it. Even if she's Zelda under a mind whammy, she's Zelda.
Zelda at the end of TP, THAT'S possession.

Ryu I made a topic where we're agreeing on shit

;O;

The Link to the Past Manga is tied with OoT for my favorite. They're both fantastic. I heard they might do a Twilight Princess manga and I hope so. Cue another scene with Zelda and Wolf!Link.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh. If Link got with Malon in the OoT timeverse, my twelve year old self would would have imploded from fits of joy.

Also at the Sheik thing, never got anywhere near the impression that Zelda and Sheik were different, with the exception that Zelda didn't do cool shit when she reverted. But that can be explained any number of ways.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Being that Zelda is the namesake of the series, it would be cool if Zelda got her own adventure, I mean a real game and not the crap that the Angry Nintendo Nerd made a series about.

Is there anything like that besides those terrible CD-I games?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think the general impression of the ending was that he was riding towards Hyrule, probably to help out Zelda because I mean, what the fuck else are you gonna do after you've been through the shit he has?

Well, Link's definitely going for the Big Damn Hero route either way. I just didn't figure it was because of disinterest in Illya.

AoL Link definitely gets with Zelda,

I remembered the kiss right after posting.

Spirit Tracks sets up L/Z for the future,

Yeah, I'm pretty sure WW L and Z happens too.

and OoT is up in the air because from what I hear, it's implied the Hero's Shade or whatever maybe have actually been that Link, so he could have become a knight for Hyrule much like A Link to the Past's Link.

I'm rather certain it is the case that the Hero's shade is OoT Link. Unless it's an even earlier ancestor, but there's not much time for other Links in the rather short gap between OoT and TP.
What always amuses me is the realization that TP and WW link are AU versions of each other.
Makes me wonder what happened to his grandma and sister, or if the latter even existed, in TP.

other than that I have no idea.

I can see Oracle Link as getting with Zelda, but I tend to think that's Four Swords Link anyways.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Being that Zelda is the namesake of the series, it would be cool if Zelda got her own adventure, I mean a real game and not the crap that the Angry Nintendo Nerd made a series about.

Sadly no, she's only playable in Spirit Tracks and you can control her arrows in Twilight Princess...that's about it.

They should really do a side story for her, it'd be epic. : )

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

I had a thought which sort of splitting the difference- Zelda trained, did all the work, but knew she'd be showing up on magical radar, so she cast the spell on herself to make her mind and magical aura too different to track. It's not 'do this for me LOL' but 'I have to be someone else to be effective. I will become someone else.'

By the end of the game it felt like she was such a bit character and Link was way more worried about Zelda and Midna than Illia, but that could be because they were generally in more genuine danger than the farmgirl. Either way, I didn't feel like she was meant to be the final outcome girl of the game.

More likely than Zelda or Midna, at least. The romance angle of any Zelda game is so far back on the priorities that it might as well not be there most times.
And isn't.

Ryu I made a topic where we're agreeing on shit

;O;

Oh, pish tosh. It happens.

The Link to the Past Manga is tied with OoT for my favorite. They're both fantastic. I heard they might do a Twilight Princess manga and I hope so. Cue another scene with Zelda and Wolf!Link.

I do hope they get the same person who did the run from OoT to FS on it. Though TP might be better suited to an ethereal style more like the LttP manga.

Oh. If Link got with Malon in the OoT timeverse, my twelve year old self would would have imploded from fits of joy.

Unless it was someone totally unrelated, it only makes sense.

Also at the Sheik thing, never got anywhere near the impression that Zelda and Sheik were different, with the exception that Zelda didn't do cool shit when she reverted. But that can be explained any number of ways.

Well, getting caught by a trap almost immediately will do that. I figure her power was keeping the castle up as you escaped. She could have helped more in the final final battle, which they've been having her do of late.

Nope. Sadly.
And those games were Fucking Terrible.

Crack postulate time.

Samus Aran is Space!Zelda.

Captain Falcon is Space!Link.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I love the way blood feuds turn to alliances when the winds shift. It's like feudal Japan and we're all fucking Shoguns.

We agree and disagree on different things. OMGSHOCK. Seriously, I don't have a blood feud with anyone on the board. I can't say no one has one with me, but blood feuds are effort, and I rarely choose to have them. Mostly, they find me. Mostly.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I love the way blood feuds turn to alliances when the winds shift. It's like feudal Japan and we're all fucking Shoguns.

Actually, that's one thing I'm always forced to respect about this community. For the most part, disagreements and even bitter fights tend to stick to the thread they're in. I've been fighting angrily with members in one thread while simultaneously discussing harmoniously with the same members in another. And that's very impressive, so...yeah, bravo.

On topic: Midna is totally hotter than Zelda, and a significantly better companion than Navi. So yeah, moar please.

Last edited:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
I can't decide who's hotter. I think they're equally hot.

(Well, her and TP Zelda anyway.)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Actually, that's one thing I'm always forced to respect about this community. For the most part, disagreements and even bitter fights tend to stick to the thread they're in.

The exceptions tend to follow folks off board entirely, anyways.

I've been fighting angrily with members in one thread while simultaneously discussing harmoniously in another. And that's very impressive, so...yeah, bravo.

As a rule, I try not to get angry at people. Just ideas.

On topic: Midna is totally hotter than Zelda, and a significantly better companion than Navi. So yeah, moar please.

Tall!Midna's hot, but I think Zelda's hotter.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Zelda is usually top five in hottest female character lists for good reason JUST LOOK
Princess_Zelda_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Look at that flawless, classy lady. UNF

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Zelda is usually top five in hottest female character lists for good reason JUST LOOK
Princess_Zelda_%28Twilight_Princess%29.png

Look at that flawless, classy lady. UNF

I'd hit it.

Strange that Wikia's not imagelinking properly.
Not til you visit the link, anyways.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I edited it; should show up now.

But yeah, I always thought Zelda was really hot, Twilight Princess just pushed it to the nth degree.

I also really like the redesign of Sheik. The longer hair looks awesome.

And also:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I deliberating whether I should troll this thread with my Peach-loving fangirlishness.

but I can't. Zelda's like the hbic ;_;

...here's a panty shot

edit;

@Zee: MY FAVOURITE SCENE IN BRAWL <333

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I love using Zelda/Sheik in Brawl! I was decent with Link at one time, but I'm generally not good with slower characters. Plus Zelda has excellent knockout attacks.

Okay, so I have to ask actually -- how do people feel about voice acting in LoZ? I know Miyamoto is scared to do it because he feels it would ruin people's image of the characters, but tbqh, it wouldn't be that bad to have other characters talk and just keep Link as the silent hero (even though it's clearly implied that he can talk, we just don't see it). idk, I feel like the text boxes are going to have to leave eventually.

Top Bottom