• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In other news, the Netflix thing according to Nintendo is not true.

Also, Eiji Aonuma announced that Zelda Wii U is no longer set for 2015. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
So... huge OoT and MM fan, not so much with the rest of them (I tried Twilight Princess, or whichever one it was where you run around as some sort of spirit animal collecting random shards for half of it, did not enjoy).

Haven't done a true proper playthrough of OoT in about ten years, and omg did they do the thing justice with the 3DS remaster. Between obligations and other games I'm averaging a dungeon and lots of side stuff per evening - I forgot how long (ish) this game could be. Particularly the dungeons, which are all a lot longer than I ever remember them being. I thought Forest Temple would never end 0_0.

Rather impressed. I was worried I might not enjoy the experience again but it's just enough new mixed with the nostalgia of old. When I finished doing life related stuff yesterday I sat down and was really excited to play it. I can't remember the last time I had that feeling with a game.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^OoT was an awesome game. My family still as the N64 version of it. And I'm still considered the family expert on it as I played it though at least 3 times...

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
dNYv5ML.png

The problem with 8-bit sprites is that you often can't tell if his eyes are green and he has brown wrinkles under his eyes or this. ;)

Lex

Administrator
My hatred of Kaepora Gaebora is reinforced every time I play this game.

Do you want to maybe not not not not not hear what I didn't say again maybe?

-->Yes
-->No

choose wisely

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
^Did you play Link's Awakening? IIRC that was that blasted owl's first appearance. Damn annoying. Especially with 8 bit owl sfx.

But yeah, it's kind of like talking to my dad, when I ask him a simple question. Except at least the owl doesn't start ranting about Thatcher.

Lex

Administrator
Once again octo your words resonate within my soul XD. My dad does the same thing. SHE TUKKER JERBS! (which to be fair she did. ding dong and all that)

I haven't played Link's Awakening, I'll need to give it a bash at some point. My experience with the Zelda series is literally just the N64 era, because that's the only Nintendo console I've ever owned for myself (properly, there's a used NES and SNES thing but it's a long and boring story).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Once again octo your words resonate within my soul XD. My dad does the same thing. SHE TUKKER JERBS! (which to be fair she did. ding dong and all that)

Yeah it's like 'Dad I understand, but where is the can opener?' :lol:

I haven't played Link's Awakening, I'll need to give it a bash at some point. My experience with the Zelda series is literally just the N64 era, because that's the only Nintendo console I've ever owned for myself (properly, there's a used NES and SNES thing but it's a long and boring story).

Definitely give all the Gameboy/GBColour/GBA and the SNES ones a go. The original NES ones, not so much. I mean I guess they were good for the time, but they feel incredibly bare in retrospect imo.

RedFFWolf

Donator

Oh, God. That was good. Really good. And it's coming to Dublin, Nov 22. The remaining seats aren't great, but they're just about in the realm of affordability - I already bought myself a birthday present ahead of time, maybe I can do this for Christmas...

RedFFWolf

Donator
^That looks great. I love how easily recognisable some areas were - like, pathway to pathway you know exactly where this is if you were to play the original OoT right now.

I thought this was a new game coming out, but it's very impressive that it's actually a fan project!

That looked like a Gangnam Style dance from Link at the end :P

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
My one big question about the whole loz series is that how the hell the story connected to one another, is there a timeline to it?

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^sort of but not really is the best way to answer that one. I guess its like a legend that keeps repeating over and over but is different each time. I think a few of the games are sequential IIRC Links Awakening was meant to be set after Oracle of Ages/Seasons, however those games were made after, and I always thought Links Awakening came after Link to the Past. - as Link in Awakening already knows of Zelda.

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
One obvious zelda games that are canon is Oot and Majora's mask. Also I read once that Link to the past is a direct sequel of OOT but the sequence was Ganon defeated Link in OOT but then again the beginning of ALTTP introduced Link and his uncle to where in OOT Link doesn't have an uncle. Then there is this thing about Link reincarnation....ughhh such confusing... :)

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My one big question about the whole loz series is that how the hell the story connected to one another, is there a timeline to it?

There is actually a timeline that connects every game. You should check out the book 'Hyrule Historia' (frickin awesome book I should add, I want it), it has a complete timeline for all the games and how they connect.
You could find the chart online too I think. :monster:
Basic gist, the timeline was one straight line until Ocarina of Time, where it then split into 3 from the 3 possible futures that could've came about. Most of the games seem to result from one of the three branches.
First timeline branch, is a result of Link falling to Ganondorf in the final battle, thus Ganondorf reigns supreme for a while (this leads to A Link to the Past). Next two is where Link prevails, and goes back to his childhood timeline; this results in his adult timeline and his childhood timeline splitting. The adult timeline goes on, but the hero has disappeared and has never come back since then; this leads to The Wind Waker. The last one, where Link is back in his childhood and properly lives out his life, eventually leads to Twilight Princess.
There ya go, short summary of how the timeline splits from OoT. :monster:

Yes I like this series, in case no one knew. :awesome:

TWilight princess in HD should be good. I remember playing it on the gamecube and was blown away by the graphics haha. I do have a wii u and I was wandering if skyward sword was worth picking up? Also, for those that don't have a wii u I gurentee you will when they release the sandbox style zelda game thats supposed to be coming out. Its unclear if the missions will be like quests MMO style, but I think that would be epic

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Looks really cool, to be honest. Zelda might make me buy a Wii U in the future... but not yet. Too expensive, as of now.

On a related note, I have finished Majora's Mask on the 3DS. I've liked it more than I expected, actually.

RedFFWolf

Donator
@Force - Amazing! I remember my friend telling me about the HD remake of Twilight Princess coming out around the time I had finished OoT last year (which had begun my Zelda phase). I forgot about it, but I'm glad I haven't played the original yet and can wait for this version instead.

@SMW - Oh, yeah; I had as good as forgotten about that upcoming title too. What a year!

@Alex - I played Majora's Mask (also for the first time last year) on the Wii [well, Gamecube game]. Finished it back in November, and I think I already am missing it.
Some areas you can just leave Link at, sit back and relax at for a while.
Once I switched off the telly, but hadn't switched off the Wii, got busy doing something else,
was alerted by the crazy vibrations of the controller on the ground, switched on the telly, realised I've just destroyed Clock Town.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
I do have a wii u and I was wandering if skyward sword was worth picking up?

I very much enjoyed it. Have play through it a couple of times (would be more, but pulled a muscle in my arm and that killed a playthrough). Not a good at Twilight Princess in my opinion but definitely worth a playthrough.

Also want to get a Wii U just for Twilight Princess HD. The Gamecube version is my favorite 3d Zelda. I know I won't be getting a Wii U any time soon, however. Does anyone know if the HD version will allow for controller usage, or if it will only be motion controls?

Top Bottom