• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Geez Louise. 7/10 isn't even a bad score, and I hate how crowded the top of the 1-10 (or 0-10) spectrum has become. Not that throwing a DDOS attack at a website is justified even for genuinely bad scores, of course.

Considering the sheer number of video game reviews these days, it'd be incredible suspicious if any game didn't have at least a couple of mixed reviews, no matter how amazing it is. OPINIONS. They're good.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Hey, I can't find any pics online, what do the Octoroks look like in Breath of the Wild? Anyone know? Or can maybe take a screencap? :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Here's a screencap I took :monster:

WVW69kJs_ewRdMz1-v

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Thanks Tets! <3

Glad to see they've gone with a cute version, I never liked the OOT/MM designs

Many fans already know about this piece of console- and gaming lore, but for me this is the best summary I've found so far of the history between the 64DD and The Legend of Zelda.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really hope the DLC adds a lot more, like either a prequel set 100 years in the past or post game stuff. The game is pretty light on story... well, what you see. So getting a closer look at the events would be awesome.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Has anyone watched a playthrough of this game where the player isn't a noob? I want to watch someone who is good at the game, but havent found any yet. Even considered getting a capture card and doing a 100% run since most players are so hard to watch.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I like that you can basically do the Legolas move to mount your horse:

a61d2b739903a8432ca620eb5a043b51.gif

After a week of Nier Automata I shall finally return to this game.
Finished one of the proper dungeons...it was a bit underwhelming.

An excellent commentary on the flawed game design of the original The Legend of Zelda. I remember the suffering of bombing all those walls and burning all those bushes. The latter which I did...with the BLUE CANDLE. >__<

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think my favorite moment of exploration in BotW was climbing this snowy mountain peak, going around the corner and suddenly
MOTHERFUCKING DRAGON YOOOOOOO

WVW69kMihRg8IkNjk5

What followed was a battle to rid it of that goopy corruption juice, following it through the sky with the hangglider and such. It was rad :monster:

There are two more dragons in the game and they just majestically and peacefully float about through the sky, it's awesome :monster:

There's so much stuff to discover in this game I honestly think this is the most beautiful open world I've experienced so far. Every part just looks like it's been handcrafted for maximum picturesque beauty :wacky:

I've played over 30 hours so far and I've only finished one story dungeon and uncovered half of the map (uncovered as in been to those Ubisoft map towers, not actually seen 50% of the world yet).

Pixel

The Pixie King
I started a new game and went straight for the castle after leaving the plateau. I now have the best shield in the game and an arsenal of awesome swords to start off my adventure.

Shoot the dragons in the horn for shards (twice) to upgrade your champions tunic.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I just realized you can ride
the frickin skeleton horses. Best game ever :wacky:

WVW69kOyre4cKi-EfX

(...they die once the sun's up though)

I spent around 60 hours on this now? Still have two dungeons left and not been to the west half of Hyrule at all. :wacky:
I made a small detour into the final dungeon already. It seems pretty manageable at this point.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Speaking of, how are you liking the 'Can do any dungeon any time you want' aspect of the game? I probably won't get the game for a while but I'm interested in hearing how you and others playing the game here like the changes in this game compared to the rest of the series.

And what's your spoiler-free impression of the story so far?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Finished the game a while ago. What a ride. :monster:
I think I was close to 80 hours when I beat the final boss. Am now over 100 trying to find the last shrines and such.
Underwhelming :P

^Speaking of, how are you liking the 'Can do any dungeon any time you want' aspect of the game? I probably won't get the game for a while but I'm interested in hearing how you and others playing the game here like the changes in this game compared to the rest of the series.

And what's your spoiler-free impression of the story so far?

Story is pretty Zelda in that it isn't really the main draw and pretty basic "here's the evil shit, those are the dungeons you need to visit (or not, literally everything is optional), here's a sword or something, have fun"
The meat of the story is mostly flashbacks of what happened 100 years ago.

I quite liked being able to do anything in any order. Really gives every player a fairly unique experience.
I don't think the sense of adventure and exploration was ever so high in any Zelda game. I'm kinda sad that I've mostly seen everything now. But it took very long to get there so, :awesomonster:

Also: There's a free update now, all audio languages can now be selected from the main menu. Previously you had to change the console's system language (and that would change the text as well).

And the Expansion Pass DLC Pack 1 has been detailed

Trial of the Sword sounds like it could be a fun survival challenge.
Hard Mode as DLC is weird imo and what is described here is kind of underwhelming
The map feature sounds neat.

Overall I'm not rushing to throw my money at this. I really need to know what DLC2 with the story expansion entails.

Last edited:
Top Bottom