• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Legend of Zelda (General)

Pixel

The Pixie King
I'm tempted to get a capture card and record a playthrough of hard mode. There are too many shitty playthroughs out there. :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's nice that after 100 hours there is still stuff I haven't gotten yet. :wacky:

Recently purchased this outfit:

WVW69kS0aUEytFb5-h

I wish I could give my horse glowing eyes too. :P

Pixel

The Pixie King
You can get Ganondorf's horse. I think that has glowing eyes.

I got all of the NFC amiibo cards, including the unreleased Fierce Deity.

Trixr

Banned
Tali made me do it. She had a shotgun.

But no seriously, I have been a huge Zelda fan for years, and now that I'm replaying it I'm getting all these warm, fuzzy memories, so I figured I'd make a topic. So, here's just the place to chat about which game in the series is your favorite, which characters you like, you expectations for future Zelda games, theories, etc.

There's already a new title coming out for the Wii called Skyward Sword, which not only is fucking up the hardcore timeline enthusiasts but is the first game where Link is right handed. RAGE, RAGE EVERYWHERE

Anyway, I will wrap this up by saying I really hope Princess Zelda gets another badass role in this title, because I think she's just the coolest princess ever.

This thread has to be old now. Since when i had Wii i played Skyward Sword and it was my favorite Zelda game so far :P. My least favorite had to be Zelda NES version. And to confirm it i played it... 3 times to be exact, first on normal, then 2nd quest, then again to make sure it was nothing else. And my conclusion was the same. Its a cryptic mess. While 2nd Zelda on NES isnt a whole lot better, there are some stuff in it that i think it improved over the first one. But i only played that one once though.

Zelda NES is my least favorite. I played it 3 times. I did it just to mess around with Zelda fans online....(not really though, but i feel its an unpopular opinion to have : 3)

But to be serious... i dont know why this one is praised? Its cryptic and makes no sense. Zelda 2 isnt my favorite, but i consider it superior to the first one. My favorite has to be Skyrim Sword. Ocarina of Time was fun but i played it to death and so sick of it now. Skyrim Sword is just fun... colourful and fun to go back and forth and doing fun stuff.
It is really one of the most popular games. Somethimes I want to play this old but amazing game
Popular in North America atleast and maybe Japan. Not sure in Europe since many didnt really care so much for NES here, even SEGA Master System was more popular, think about that?. But mostly computer games i tend to imagine before 90s with consoles boomed more in.

Lex

Administrator
Tets told me to come here :monster:

I have been wanting to post but not really knowing what to say at the same time. I knew Breath of the Wild had reviewed well and I've wanted it since seeing gameplay at E3 but I didn't actually think I'd be playing it so soon (just got a Switch).

How do you even quantify where you are in this game? I think that's one of the most amazing things about it, you kind of can't.

I'm a completionist so this game is obviously quite intimidating in that respect, but at the same time just moving around in the wild can be so relaxing that I'm just really enjoying all the discovery. Really having to resist the urge to use maps from the web because I think that would really spoil the experience, a big part of this game is just going where you want (and dealing with the consequences). I have looked up one thing, which is what each location for the Divine Beast quests are so I could decide on an order.

In terms of story I did the kind of opening nudge up to Kakariko/ Hateno pretty much systematically going area by area looking for stuff, so it's taken me a very very long time lol. From there I went northeast and ended up doing the Zora side of things - so far I think they're the prettiest weapons in the game, and Zora's Domain is usually my favourite location in Zelda games so we'll see if that changes this time. I felt the difficulty ramp up a little on the way there so I'm not sure if that was the right decision but I did manage to complete the Divine Beast there so that's good. I'm enjoying the story lots actually, even if I don't really quite know what's going on yet. Mainly been doing other content - I've unlocked 5 areas (including the starting area on the map) so by land area on the map screen that's about a quarter. I've done everything I could/ could fine in those areas (Necluda, Lanayru and am currently in Faron, around Lake Hylia).

I don't know if I should just push to get all the towers unlocked but I kind of like doing it area by area so it's less overwhelming XD.

Also I currently have over 200 korok seeds and don't know where the funny maraca dude went - I did his quest, found him again, upgraded a few things and then he was like "oh I remember how to get home!" but I have no idea where that location is. Don't tell me, I'll find it at some point :monster:

A lot of the shrines have that Portal effect of making you feel like a genius for coming up with your own solution, which is one of the best things about the game. Tbh it's been a long time since I've fallen in love with an open world game so I'm just enjoying that feel of adventure and discovery, and while I do have some niggling annoyances (fuck you rain and thunder keese) I'm just really glad to be falling in love with a Zelda game again - this is the first I've really gotten into since OoT. It's feature-rich in a way only Nintendo seems to really know how to nail and I actually took the day off work today so I could play it unhindered.

Haven't even covered combat - I wish some of the weapons lasted slightly longer but I don't have a problem with a decay system like this, it manages to keep things fresh and motivates you to do more. The combat is really rewarding with the perfect blocking/ dodging and I've gotten OK-ish at it but still can't finish one of the shrines with a combat trial XD. Waiting until I get more powerful stuff. It's really rewarding but also scary to burn through all your best stuff on a challenge - I'm a hoarder in games like this but the point of collecting to powerful stuff is to beat the powerful foes so I've been trying to work that in to the way I play and it's been working well.

In fact last night I did a shrine quest that
required me to collect 3 orbs from nearby Hinox's (the giant enemies) and while I beat one of them near Zora's domain I really didn't want to fight all three, because some of them were the dangerous colour. When I was fighting the first one I noticed it had the orb around its next so on a whim I shot it off with a fire arrow and collected it and managed to get away without fighting it! Since they were all asleep, I thought I'd try putting on stealth gear and climbing on them and it turns out you can do that and steal it right from their necks while they sleep XD. Excellent.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ah heck, I need to get a switch at some point :monster:

I think I'll wait for a v2 though, something that can run the games comfortably instead of struggling at it.

Lex

Administrator
so I just went through the Lost Woods and am now at Korok Forest - got the Master Sword and am just doing the shrine quests. What's the deal with the lore behind the forest people in this game? Bear in mind I'm coming at this from the OoT/ MM perspective where the Kokiri were immortal children. Is this an aspect they removed in later titles?

Also just want to say they nailed the atmosphere and music here in particular. Love this iteration in the Lost Woods. The only thing I'd say is I wish the Korok "village" was a bit more interesting.

Also you can use an Android phone to write Amiibo codes to blank NFC chips which are less than 50p each so I now "have" eight Amiibos to use with the game. Just got Biggoron's Sword and Epona from using them.

Lex

Administrator
Never mind I got an answer elsewhere,
turns out the Koroks are an evolution (albeit a backward one) of the Kokiri.

EDIT:

DO_43o0UIAAxvEx.jpg:large

Last edited:
I'm that guy who played a huge amount of the 2D Zeldas first, but only truly fell in love with the series when it went 3D. :awesomonster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I'm the one who hated the animated shit. 'Well excuuuuuse me Princess!' is one of the most awful lines of dialogue in my lexicon.

I want to play Breath of the Wild so badly I'm actually considering buying a Switch because all the consoles belong to my ex, including the WiiU. :/

Lex

Administrator
There are some Black Friday deals on Amazon atm Mage, my mate got a Switch + BotW + Mario Kart for £300 yesterday. Might have been a flash deal though.

Anyway, I am currently watching the credits. What a game. Just beat the final boss for the first time. Will likely post thoughts in a bit when the credits are over.

Lex

Administrator
OK I'm really glad that epilogue scene was there because I was about to rip on the ending. Hyrule Castle as a whole was epic, but like the game it's very much what you make it. I could have easily just used Revali's Gale and flew to the top but I was in there for 5 hours exploring every nook and cranny today lmao

By the time I was ready to go in to end the game, I had 113 shrines and 71 side quests completed. I decided just to look up the last of them so I went in with all shrines and all quests completed. One of the shrines I was missing was literally in a random crack in Hebra with no indication anywhere that it was there, I don't think I ever would have found it. There were a few like that though and they add to the "rewarded discovery" aspect of the game. In total I think like 405ish Korok Seeds, the only inventory I haven't fully upgraded is the shield inventory.

And with that much content, I only have a major complaint about one of them: I ran into blupees LOADS while I was randomly progressing through the game. The second I got a quest to take a picture of one, they all disappeared from the usual locations. It took me two hours to find one, and I felt incredibly frustrated the entire time. In that time I found about 5, but the second I spotted them a fucking chuchu dropped out of a tree and they ran. ANGRY

I'll definitely be getting the season pass if it's still available, I don't know what the DLC is like but I've heard good things and I want more out of this game.

Lex

Administrator
I played through the entire game in Japanese so I'm just discovering this but I think this is a good discussion point if anyone wants to chime in:

The English voice acting is terrible. Japanese-translated games often come out sounding strange/ stilted in English just due to the nature of the language differences, but Nintendo of America seem to have made the horrendous mistake of getting people to do English accents that can't manage it. It's a real shame. There's plenty of voice talent in the UK, so I don't know why they don't go the Bioware route and just record dialogue here if accents are that important.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah the English VAs weren't very good. The king for example is clearly a younger American dude trying to make himself sound really old and vaguely British and it's just not convincing.

Voice acting in games has come a LONG way...Nintendo honestly has no excuse at this point to cheap out and just hire randos off the street. Especially for one of their flagship franchises.

Lex

Administrator
On another note, I found this excellent composition someone made of the trailer music (since that music doesn't seem to be available anywhere as an actual track):

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
There are some Black Friday deals on Amazon atm Mage, my mate got a Switch + BotW + Mario Kart for £300 yesterday. Might have been a flash deal though.

Alas, a phone is more important ATM than a Switch and I'm looking in the same price bracket for that. Ah well, I should get a shake on and finish Ocarina of Time again.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Never mind I got an answer elsewhere,
turns out the Koroks are an evolution (albeit a backward one) of the Kokiri.

It's a commonly accepted theory that the Kokiri were only "the Kokiri" for Link's sake, to grow up around children that were more like him, and that at all other times they will be Koroks.

Top Bottom