• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 18 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
TheLifestreamFinalFantasyPodcast.png

Episode 18

It’s the eighteenth episode of The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast! Join JasonTandro, Ryushikaze, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

In this episode we discuss all of the most recent Final Fantasy (and related) news including:

• A correction from last week's episode
  • Kingdom Hearts: Unchained Chi released in North America
  • Bravely Second: End Layer released in North America
  • The latest Active Time Report
  • The newest character reveal in the forthcoming Dissidia: Final Fantasy arcade game
  • New revelations for World of Final Fantasy
  • New information regarding the forthcoming Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival arcade game
  • Game Informer's huge Final Fantasy XV write up

Then we dig into our listener feedback!

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

How do you feel about Tabata's announcement that he has no planned sequel for Final Fantasy XV? Why do you feel the way that you do?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:32:27

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

“Take a Chance” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Discovery Hit” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

TheLifestream Podcast Extras:

Square Enix's World of Final Fantasy website:

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/WOFF/

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: All-Star Carnival Arcade Preview Video:

Game Informer's Final Fantasy XV Website:

http://www.gameinformer.com/ffxv

Ryushikaze's Final Fantasy VII Junction Cheat Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pOpyLSCtJdUQ0Y5B2L_YRk2wWOI2ULLmsmhXTDDLirw/edit?usp=sharing

You can listen to the podcast at the below link:

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 18

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Note: In the comment about unit sales, I said PS3 but I meant to say PS Vita. And it's even worse than I thought - not 8 million units sold but barely over 4 million.

vaderSW1

Note: In the comment about unit sales, I said PS3 but I meant to say PS Vita. And it's even worse than I thought - not 8 million units sold but barely over 4 million.

Ouch. That's very sad. The PS Vita is a great handheld. It's a real shame that it didn't do better.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This kept me entertained on my ride to Berlin. :P
The 10million sales comment by Tabata was definitely a personal goal, I remember him clarifying somewhere.

vaderSW1

The 10million sales comment by Tabata was definitely a personal goal, I remember him clarifying somewhere.

That makes sense, however, I very sincerely hope that he isn't disappointed or discouraged if FFXV doesn't sell 10 million copies. Like I said on the podcast, it took FFVII 20 years to reach that sales number and a lot of that is from repeat buyers on different platforms. Final Fantasy XV can still be a huge success without eclipsing FFVII's sales numbers.

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Heya guys! Just wanted to drop in and discuss the podcast.

Meggggga hell yeah for FFIX to come to PC, I bought this for one of my mates who I'm hoping to infect with the love of the FF universe and stories :D IX is my little push to get him to get his head around how the game works and what it's like before VII comes out and hope to get him stuck into it also. I feel IX is the 2nd best FF I've played, with VII coming 1st of course. I enjoyed X and XII, XII Revnant wings was a bit meh, III was awesome, IV was even more awesome, I never finished VIII but plan to & I've not played any of the XIII's yet. I still need to get through V and VI so I feel VI will come in 2nd and bump down IX to 3rd place.

HOLY MOLY Auto learn abilities by equipping??!! SERIOUS!!! I think it's a shame to completely screw that up, you need to prioritize the sequence of learning abilities... so simply equip an item. Ability learned.... unequip, equip something else and ability learned? Seems quite stupid, especially where characters had to build up over 100ap to learn something stronger than normal.

I've got to throw in too that despite my age, I'm kinda pumped for a more chilled out FF in World Of Final Fantasy, I think it's going to be super cute and just be more of a light hearted game and fun, especially with the nostalgic side of things to a degree, buuuuut I've still got to pick up my console. I'm holding out to see if there is a super duper whizbang special FFVII Remake Console for me to spend wayyyy too much money on, but it will be an addition to my collection too. I've got to contact a mate in Canada and a mate in California if I can get it shipped to their place, then they ship to Australia for me in anticipation they do for FFVII what they did for FFXV online order shinannigans!

RE New Game +, I had NO intention enduring the pain doing the FFIV NG+.

In the feedback section. Vader, you were killing me LOL!! I thought I may have gotten a mention from my introduction post about my podcast binge that I may have gotten a shout out (lol) and then Ryu or Tets (I can't quite tell which voice belongs to whom yet, I think it was Tets... I'm getting there :P) saved the day and I was pissing myself laughing as soon as I got my shout out LMAO!!!

As I've said before, I listen to this in the car so it's pretty hard to remember points I want to talk about, but this was extra worthy of listening through again.

I also wish I could give you guys help with the whole itunes thing LOL. I'm one of the people who think apples are for eating & drinking.

CHEERS!!!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Tets wasn't in this episode. Was actually yours truly (they sometimes call me JT) who made the shout-out, lol. :monster:

As for the rest of your feedback comments I'll save them for the next show, I have a lot to discuss!

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
aaahhhh shheeeeeeet JT, very sorry for the mix up! Goes to show I'm still trying to work out who is who and remember!

Don't go too nuts on my post, if you feel there is something worthy of talking about, go ahead, otherwise it's just "forum" chat :)

Very sorry again JT & thanks for mentioning me :P I had a huge laugh!! I told my wife & she's like "are you sure they were talking about you? How do you know it was you?" lol I said "well it's my forum name aaaaaand what I had said ON the forum" lol

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Peace out!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Lol no need to apologize bro. And we like to dig deep into the feedback as you know, and I do have some things I want to touch up on. I'll even give a shout-out to your wife next regular podcast. :thor:

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
ha ha ha ha!!! That's a crack up! I can't wait for her reaction when I play it to her when it happens!

Top Bottom