The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 20 Discussion Thread

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
TheLifestreamFinalFantasyPodcast.png

Episode 20

It’s the twentieth episode of The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast! Join Carlie, JasonTandro, lithiumkatana17, Ryushikaze, and vaderSW1 as they go on a mythical journey into all things Final Fantasy!

In this episode we discuss some of the most recent Final Fantasy (and related) news including:

• The Lifestream.Net announces affiliation with KupoCon 2017
  • A special announcement regarding The Lifestream Final Fantasy Retrospective for Final Fantasy VI
  • The Lifestream Community Reading
  • Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 2
  • Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Patch 3.3 – Revenge of the Horde
  • Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV receiving a limited theatrical release in North America
  • A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • E3 Trailer for Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV VR feature
  • Wait Mode for Final Fantasy XV
  • World of Final Fantasy release dates
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 Online confirmed coming to North America and Europe
  • Gamespot article regarding a possible future Ivalice game entry

Then we get into our main of discussion:

The announcement of Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

We also dig into our listener feedback!

This episode’s Question for the Listenership:

What do you think of Square Enix’s E3 presentation? Did it excite you even more for Final Fantasy XV?

Email us at [email protected] or reply to the episode post on TheLifeStream.Net forums and let us know!

We want to hear from you! Send your questions, feedback, and episode topic suggestions to us at [email protected]. You can also reply to the episode posts for each episode on TheLifeStream.Net forums. Not registered yet? Just visit http://www.thelifestream.net/forums and become a member! Also, please leave us feedback on iTunes! We will do our best to read your questions, comments, and feedback on air!

Total Run Time: 1:55:22

Subscribe to us on iTunes so you never miss an episode!

Music appearing on this podcast is courtesy of the following:

“Take a Chance” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“Discovery Hit” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

“The Lonely Man” composed by Joseph Harnell from The Incredible Hulk (Music from the Television Series)

WARNING! Explicit content.

Special thanks to Flintlock for the episode artwork!

TheLifestream Podcast Extras:

World of Final Fantasy trailer:

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age trailer:

Final Fantasy XV E3 Trailer:

Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV Episode 2:

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward Patch 3.3 Notes:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/197e9c8b2f04efdecffe26bebe43b40551d1e3e8

Final Fantasy XV “Wait Mode” video:

KupoCon Website:

http://kupocon.com

You can listen to the episode by clicking the link below:

The Lifestream Final Fantasy Podcast - Episode 20

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Damn, I didn't even realize the podcast had been put up! I've been in Florida for the past few days and haven't had much time to get on the internet until now. Think I'll go give it a listen and see how bad my recorded voice sounds. :awesome:

Last edited:

vaderSW1

Damn, I didn't even realize the podcast had been put up! I've been in Florida for the past few days and haven't had much time to get on the internet until now. Think I'll go give it a listen and see how bad my recorded voice sounds. :awesome:

Yeah, part of that might be because I backdated the post date to give Shademp's Unused Text article it's time to shine.

Your voice sounds good. We'll have to get you back on at some point!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Yeah, part of that might be because I backdated the post date to give Shademp's Unused Text article it's time to shine.

Your voice sounds good. We'll have to get you back on at some point!

I feel like I just ran my mouth a lot when we started talking about XII... which I guess was the point of having me on, but I was silent for quite a bit and then we finally got to XII and the floodgate on my mouth just exploded like

guy-vomiting-rainbows-i0.jpg

Last edited:

vaderSW1

I feel like I just ran my mouth a lot when we started talking about XII... which I guess was the point of having me on, but I was silent for quite a bit and then we finally got to XII and the floodgate on my mouth just exploded like

guy-vomiting-rainbows-i0.jpg

Like I said, you sounded good. That's exactly why we wanted you on the show. I hope you will be able to join us for the FFXII Retrospective in the not too distant future.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
You can count on me mon capitaine! :salute:

Once again, I really enjoyed being on the podcast with all of you guys. It was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the retrospective.

"Let me get to that section here about the weapons..."

Oh god. :lol:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Somebody needs to remind me to listen to this at home tonight or tomorrow. I was gonna do it at work but my manager is here during lunch too so I can't. :monster:

vaderSW1

At 16:30 everything goes silent for a couple of seconds.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I had some really bizarre issues with the audio for this episode. Predominately, the issues were on Ryu's audio track. I ended up having to cut some conversations out completely because of how screwy it was. It would show there was audio coming from Ryu in those spots but when you listened to it, it was just silence.

That must have happened on in this situation too except, I think it was you or Lith that was talking. I must have missed it.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It was JT talking actually. I don't know maybe we should give something like Curse a try for the next recording with the way Mumble has been acting.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So I finally listened to this. No one reminded me. :kermit:
I loooved the talk about XII's remaster, and the bit of stuff about XV. I'm in agreement with wanting the Remaster to have an option to switch between the Zodiac version and the original. Lith why haven't you played Tactics? They're set in Ivalice for God's sake. :awesome: (I only played Tactic's Advance but that one is a lot of fun).
And totally random, Carlie I've only heard you speak a few times before now, but this is the first time I noticed your accent. :closedmonster: I mean... how did I miss that.... Anyways it's lovely. :awesome:

I personally enjoyed roughly the second half of the podcast more, and laughed quite a lot with the voice swaps going on, so thanks. :awesome: Also I'm glad you all like Flare Bear; you can probably blame that on Lith :monster:

If you fly out to England to get Joe then take me with you :closedmonster:

It was enjoyable listening in on the podcast. I'll be sure to catch the next episode. ^_^ Awesome job Lith, you did great for your first appearance! :properhug:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So I finally listened to this. No one reminded me. :kermit:
I loooved the talk about XII's remaster, and the bit of stuff about XV. I'm in agreement with wanting the Remaster to have an option to switch between the Zodiac version and the original. Lith why haven't you played Tactics? They're set in Ivalice for God's sake. :awesome: (I only played Tactic's Advance but that one is a lot of fun).
And totally random, Carlie I've only heard you speak a few times before now, but this is the first time I noticed your accent. :closedmonster: I mean... how did I miss that.... Anyways it's lovely. :awesome:

I personally enjoyed roughly the second half of the podcast more, and laughed quite a lot with the voice swaps going on, so thanks. :awesome: Also I'm glad you all like Flare Bear; you can probably blame that on Lith :monster:

If you fly out to England to get Joe then take me with you :closedmonster:

It was enjoyable listening in on the podcast. I'll be sure to catch the next episode. ^_^ Awesome job Lith, you did great for your first appearance! :properhug:

Don't you get snippy with me young lady!

Have they made Tactics for the PSP at all in the past? I'd play it if I could find a copy somewhere.

I love Carlie's accent. I find it extremely arousing exotic. Even though I have Puerto Rican relatives. :closedmonster:

My voice impression while reading that comment at the end did not go the way I wanted it to. But I as soon as I started reading I knew I couldn't stop so I just went with the dumb voice.

Can't wait for moar opportunities to talk about XII with everyone. Hopefully Fangu can join in next time!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

Well I've been told by people is not super noticeable.

Have they made Tactics for the PSP at all in the past? I'd play it if I could find a copy somewhere.

Yes the update version of Tactics, The War of the Lions is on PSP, I have it.

I love Carlie's accent. I find it extremely arousing exotic.

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

vaderSW1

The shenanigans in this episode :wacky:

When's the next one scheduled for? :monster:

We actually have the FFVI retrospective recorded. I turned it in for editing on Wednesday if I recall correctly. It will be split into two episodes. I had hoped to post the first part by today but I don't think the editing process is done. When the FFVI retro is done then we will record the next episode. I'll touch base with our new editor and see if she needs some help. :monster:

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
My voice impression while reading that comment at the end did not go the way I wanted it to. But I as soon as I started reading I knew I couldn't stop so I just went with the dumb voice.

Yeah it was pretty bad, initially, when you started reading my comment, I thought to myself... I don't sound like Arnie.... sure enough, you then soon after, proceed to do Arnie impersonations LOL!!

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
Lith, good try ha ha! Leprechaun Arnie!!

How in the world do we get our fingers on the FFXII Judge busts? I saw them all but hooooooow do I get my fingers on em?!

My most expensive piece in my collection (provided it arrives) is the Aries Alter statue at $900USD (= just under $1200 AUD) + shipping.

Enjoy guys! Keep up the awesome shenannigans!!

Fangu

Great Old One
Guys, the stuff about FFXII's queues isn't a delay issue, it's a capacity issue. But great rant, Ryu :P

Edit: Also AAAWWW thanks for the shoutout :joy:

Lith you did a great job at spreading the Twelve Love! Also let's sit down and talk XII at some point :joy:

(Wow I'm so adult and late to everything JFC)

Last edited:
Top Bottom