The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm gonna go ahead and make this right now and update it as we go along. All FFXIV players be sure to comment in here with your character name in game. I'll add the ones I know on right now. :salute:

Member List:
Carlie - Aeryn Nagasaki

Marcus - Alistair Highwind
ForceStealer - Amalek Hezremonde
Satsu - Anaea Oaks

Arianna - Ariannyaq Morningwood
Cher Horrowitz - Avengeline Amnell
FISH - Clair Delune
AvecAloes - Evelyn Hanami

Knuxson - Kaylan Greyashe
Minato Arisato - Mareko Paronta
Flintlock - Miriam Drace
Captain Highwind - Monk Highwind
Joe - Raya'na Arcise
Prince Lex - Rinh'aeza Viera
Yop - Shub Niggurath
Splintered - Typo Warrior

Dawn - Sydney Dragonsoul
Ami - Velaria Dragonsoul
Jason Tandro - Jason Tandro
Jechtshotmk9 - Holo Wisewolf
Flare - Faris Casca

PUT YOUR FFXIV CHARACTER NAME IN THIS THREAD NAO

Also post free company stuff and even screenshots if you want. [/I]

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I want to make a short post about the ranks, chest etc:

Right now, we have SOLDIER 1st, 2nd and 3rd. At the moment, 1st is reserved for members who contributed to the foundation of the free company, and those spots are now full (contributed gil, signed the company petition, etc).

1st and 2nd have the authority to access the company chest/ spend company Gil (with the approval of the Kalm Traveller - this isn't a mechanic I can actually change).

People with the power to promote/demote are me (Kalm Traveller) and SOLDIER 1st's. Anyone who joins will automatically join at 3rd, and be promoted to 2nd when they become trusted.

Having said that, it's probably a good idea to revisit this because SOLDIER 2nd as the highest rank is probably a bit unappealing to some people. So in the near future we'll probably rename the 1st's "Turks" or something, etc.

You can access the free company chest (and therefore deposit/withdraw items such as crafting materials, which is what I suspect we'll use it the most for) at ANY of the Grand companies in the 3 main cities - i.e. Twin Adder in Gridania, Maelstrom in Limsa Lominsa, and whatever that crappy one in Ul'Dah is :desu:

Also, if you speak to the OIC officer at YOUR grand company, you can put our free company logo on your armour. It's currently a green moogle with a green wavy background on a shield, since that's the closest we could actually get to the theme of this site for the time being :D

that is all

Signed: KALM TRAVELLER

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So why, "Free Company?" Why not something with "Lifestream" in it?

*dodges hurtling objects*

AvecAloes

Donator
Don't worry, Tenny, it actually IS called The Lifestream. We have a Free Company (which is just a group of people, and some perks and such), and ours is called The Lifestream :)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh, so, in this game, guilds are called free companies?

Okay that makes a bit more sense. :P

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I am Velaria Dragonsoul. :monster:

Glad the thread got made, it was so confusing seeing so many people popping up in the shoutbox and trying to figure out who was who!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
There is a random option, or at least was on the last beta, which gave you a randomly generated name (out of a selection of 15 first and 15 second names) based on what race you had. I had 'Wineburg Young' as a random name for a human character.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I wanted my name to be somewhat lore friendly for a Hyur Highlander, so I used the name generator to see some examples. My character's last name, "Greyashe," actually was a generated last name. I came up with the first name.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Joe, will you be updating the OP as folks post or do you want whoever has editing permissions at the time to do it?
I intended to update it myself, though I wouldn't be offended if somebody edited the post with additions if I take my sweet time with them.

Flintlock said:
Does FFXIV have a name generator or something? You guys all sound so fancy.
I used the random name generator on mine and then made minor tweaks until it was to my exact liking. That way it's personalised to my liking but it still makes sense and feels real within the lore.

Lex

Administrator
I flicked through a name generator and found out that the Miqo'te clan names tend to have an apostrophe in the first name after the first syllable (in names from the Keepers of the Moon clan, which my character is) but I came up with the name myself.

"Rin" came from FFX and "Viera" is obviously from XII. According to the lore, all Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon males are born with the same surname - "Tia" until they're married. I couldn't really be bothered with that :P.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i just didn't want to spend ages thinking of a name in the beta but i liked the name 'wineburg' and 'young' was the surname of my first love so it felt right :sadpanda:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Amalek Hezremonde was my name in Guild Wars, and before that it was for a character in a tabletop game that was never played. It sounds like a classy badass to me :monster: (Amalek is from the Bible, Hezremonde I THINK I repurposed from Evremonde in Tale of Two Cities?)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Amalek Hezremonde was my name in Guild Wars, and before that it was for a character in a tabletop game that was never played. It sounds like a classy badass to me :monster: (Amalek is from the Bible, Hezremonde I THINK I repurposed from Evremonde in Tale of Two Cities?)
Sounds like a far too expensive main course to me.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Online ID: Captain_Highwind

FFXIV Name: Monk Highwind

AvecAloes

Donator
Oh wow, I must have totally missed the random name generator! That would have saved me at least 15 minutes on character creation, as it always takes me ages to decide on a name :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
I'm totally going to pick a name from this list. Surely not all of them have been taken yet?
PS, this is Yop's way of saying he's given in and bought the game :monster:

Edit: Feck he already wrote that in another thread. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE NEED SO MANY XIV THREADS
XIV EVRYWAR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom