The Lifestream on Twitch - what should we stream?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
While The Lifestream has had a Twitch channel for some time, it seems we haven't actually had a dedicated thread for it until now. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps we haven't had the need for such a thread because we've been seriously under-utilising our channel. Aside from occasionally hosting someone else who would have been streaming anyway, the only thing I remember us using it for has been to commentate on live events like E3, Playstation Experience, and so on. Even those streams have been mainly aimed "inwards" in that most of the audience has been made up of TLS members.

We could be doing a lot more with it. Twitch is a massive platform nowadays, with 100 million monthly viewers watching almost two hours a day, on average, according to Twitch themselves. More and more people are buying subscriptions to their favourite streamers, enough for some of those streamers to go full-time. I'm not saying that's what we should be aiming for, just that it's clearly a very popular website with our target demographic – video game fans.

The purpose of this new thread is to have a discussion about what we want to do with the channel. Would it be worth the effort to start streaming regularly? Do we have people willing to stream? My answer to both is "yes, I think so", but the more difficult question is the one in the thread title: What should we stream? What would you like to see – what kind of games, what kind of playthroughs? It doesn't just have to be video games, either; there could be quizzes, talk shows, or even watching someone
fsnc.png
There are no wrong answers, so fire away. :)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I quite like the idea of live art streams. I don't want to do it myself though, even if I had the technology :monster:

Avalanche87

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bakito/Marak/DJMarak
I think it would be great to do the podcast as a stream but record the audio/video as episodes.

I have 0 idea if that is possible, but would be cool to be able to interact with you guys/put faces to the voices/names & just hang out :) (geographical location allowing time pending).

:)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That idea has crossed my mind too. I've seen other people do it, like Dark Pixel: video, audio. Obviously it's easier for them as they're all in the same location, but at least the concept is viable. Even if someone couldn't provide a video feed (or just didn't want to), there would at least be live audio and the chance for audience interaction.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I like that idea, more audience interaction would be good and it could get more people interested in it.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Basically we need to do Wayne's World only with game related stuff's :monster:

Top Bottom