• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The location of Shin-Ra HQ in part one

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
Hey guys, I've seen some discussion on Shin-Ra HQ being closer to the middle of the game rather than the final dungeon as one would expect from an only Midgar game, and was wondering what speculation you guys had on this?
The big point I saw in the thread was that it would allow us to use all 5 Midgar party members and swap out members like in the original, I figure that since Red XIII is most likely going to be a playable character, more content after the HQ would lead to more time with him, making his playtime less of a tease for part 2 and more of a full character in the first part. It would also help pad out the game, because Midgar really was a small portion of the original, and they need to use as much filler as possible, so an extended escape where you leave the freeway and have to sneak/fight your way to the edge would be a great way to do this and add possibly a few more hours, considering how big Midgar is, and the HQ is in the dead center, this is leaving a lot of ground for the team to cover. Not to mention that this could be the endgame content where you can choose to kill time and just enjoy the game some more.
The only reason I could see to not do this is that it may be considered straying too far from the original story. I personally don't think it would be, but that's just my opinion.
What do you guys think, how would you feel about something like this? Think there's a chance, or is Shin-Ra HQ better left as the final dungeon?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Shin-Ra HQ will probably be expanded upon but I feel it needs to remain a final dungeon, with any mission afterwards being very much post-game content. If Cloud and AVALANCHE don't canonically leave Midgar after learning of Sephiroth's survival, his aims and after having been chased off to the edge of Midgar by Shin-Ra already I think you're really undercutting the story for the sake of filler.

NibelFire

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Blaze
It would be a disservice to the Midgar ending to not have be it after escaping from the Shinra HQ. Also, isn't it confirmed to be the case from one of those interviews with Neal Pabon? I could be mistaken here.

I think that the final dungeon could be expanded much more massively than what it was, so you would still spend a considerable amount of time with Red XIII even in this area alone. It's being established as such a behemoth of a tower narrative wise, but in gameplay it felt like you just blew by the whole thing in the blink of an eye.

The Motorball fight has got to change though, that's for sure. It was such an anticlimactic end to one of the most hyped sequence in the game.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm obviously biased, but I think Red XIII should join the party before Shinra tower (which should remain as the final dungeon). Moving Red's intro would take out the whole "this scientist legitimately believes that cross-species breeding is the only way to achieve his goals" angle, but that's no big loss to me. Maybe just change it so Hojo is trying to extract genes from Red to enhance Aerith's lifespan.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
While it's a relatively iconic part of the game, I wouldn't mind if they changed it somewhat.

"That's not how genetics work!" is what I think every time I see the whole: "I want to cross Cetra + whatever this fellow is". Unless they somehow specify that Red XIII's race is genetically compatible to humans in the same way horses and donkeys can be.

But I still think Red should be inside Shinra tower, though...

Mod player 28

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dark horse
It's more likely they are going to take out a lot of the arcade style gaming, the escape of midgar is going to be as long as making it to the very heart of midgar.
I dont think riding a motorcycle out of a window is going to cut it... but I am in 2 minds about the game so far I've wanted this for so long but I feel like it's almost a want for square enix to try and revive the series in a way not that the series is bad but.... well I'm an old school gamer and I love the ff series especially ff7.

On steam I've clocked over 550 hours of gameplay and now I just started the new threat mod... that doesn't include playing on the original play station which again I racked up a few hours as a kid all the way up to ff9. i racked up so many hours but since ff10 I cant say that I have racked up nearly as many hour or gone back to play all these games over and over again...

Its more than possible for them to make the full game and put a base code on disk then digitally download the rest the final fantasy series has slipped it's kind of scary to think the original was so good if this game doesn't meet criteria it's going to create alot of hate making midgar a much bigger part and role of the game will more than like fill in the back and fourth world travelling system that we had as kids, since its seems to be a very outdated in the ff series now.

but its essential in a way because midgar is the only city in the entire game there is no other city apart from the city of the ancient dead city of the ancients that is I hope that this game lives up to expectations I really do love the original and I dont think it's quite going to be as big an impact on gaming as the original.

but as far as the first game is considered I believe you will be very shocked at how much added content midgar will have to offer the only reason I could see shin-ra hq being mid game is that leaving the city is going to be just a treacherous as entering the building itself your gonna have the shin-ra soldiers looking for you believing you to have killed the president or dictator of basically everything that happens in the world you've attacked now president rufus who plans to completely dictate the world a 3 wheel pick up truck and motorcycle isn't going to cut it this time it's the 21st century all they really do as an ode to the original is add little easter eggs here and there keep the enemies add some new ones and completely revise the very short midgar but I cant see how they are going to improve on much of the other game in respect to that the other thing is there is a sephiroth scene so there is always a possibility that you may finish up in kalm after the flash back as a sort of connected to midgar town on the outskirts.

It's all speculation at this point on what the developers are going to do but all in all I dont think they are doing a bad job but I would be pretty pissed if it ended after an arcade style motorcycle brawl

Last edited:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
"its more than possible for them to make the full game and put a base code on disk then digitally download the rest the final fantasy series has slipped it's kind of scary to think the original was so good if this game doesn't meet criteria it's going to create alot of hate making midgar a much bigger part and role of the game will more than like fill in the back and fourth world travelling system that we had as kids since its seems to be a very outdated in the ff series now but its essential in a way because midgar is the only city in the entire game there is no other city apart from the city of the ancient dead city of the ancients that is I hope that this game lives up to expectations I really do love the original and I dont think it's quite going to be as big an impact on gaming as the original but as far as the first game is considered I believe you will be very shocked at how much added content midgar will have to offer the only reason I could see shin-ra hq being mid game is that leaving the city is going to be just a treacherous as entering the building itself your gonna have the shin-ra soldiers looking for you believing you to have killed the president or dictator of basically everything that happens in the world you've attacked now president rufus who plans to completely dictate the world a 3 wheel pick up truck and motorcycle isn't going to cut it this time it's the 21st century all they really do as an ode to the original is add little easter eggs here and there keep the enemies add some new ones and completely revise the very short midgar but I cant see how they are going to improve on much of the other game in respect to that the other thing is there is a sephiroth scene so there is always a possibility that you may finish up in kalm after the flash back as a sort of connected to midgar town on the outskirts"

It's time for everyone's favorite game!

FIND

THE

PUNCTUATION!

For real tho, this is like some stream of consciousness shit right here

Mod player 28

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Dark horse
I have aspergers dude

And also my own business work that one out lol

But I have done my best with some spacers and small grammar markers I hope you find it readable now

That's so much better! Just breaking it up into paragraphs makes it much more readable. f.y.i., people who are used to punctuation often find reading text that has no punctuation much more difficult than reading punctuated text.

Top Bottom