• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
We get it, you're Cloud. But is your girlfriend Tifa or Aerith?

I am going to make the most serious post about this subject that anyone has ever made.

FInal Fantasy VII and indeed the world in general (America is totally implicated in this too), cultures throughout history, place some kind of value on having a girlfriend that elevates the status of young males. All kinds of reasoning is given, Cloud's Mom's ("You need someone to take care of you and keep you away from temptations in the big city") being one common one. There are scads upon scads of others, but the message is always clear: You *need* a girlfriend.

I would posit that it is not fair to tell someone that they *need* to do something, that they are 'not interested' (see what I did there) in. Moms want grandkids, so they come up with lots of excuses to tell their male children that they should settle down.

In addition, there is this idea that society won't think you are a 'real man' unless there is some woman in your life.

To come to the point: What if Cloud doesn't golly gosh darn WANT to go out on a date, Aerith? What if he doesn't WANT to reconnect with you, Tifa? What if he just likes keeping to himself, and doesn't fricking heck NEED ANYBODY ELSE?

It doesn't make for very compelling storytelling ("Today male protagonist hung out by himself in total silence") but I'm telling you, that in real life, lots of people are like that, and it's not fair to classify them as 'abnormal' for it.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Cmon, let's not jump to conclusions, clearly they were playing charades until dawn.
GHXaB1f.jpg

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I know this has been mentioned before, but I just started thinking about the best thing about this love triangle is that Aerith and Tifa care for each other. I love thinking that they were in love with the same man yet that didn't stop them from being friends. That's something to aspire to.

Uh, tl;dr try polyamory :monster:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I HATE Headcanons. HATE HATE HATE HAAATE them. *cue Kefka laughter*

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Aww, don't be jealous he didn't spunk on your tiddies too :(
I'll have you clean this FORUM with disinfectant, you gross disgusting perverted person!

Just as YOU PERVERTS can imagine in your DELUDED OXYTOCIN-SOAKED SKULLS that they had a sexual encounter, I CAN IMAGINE THEY DID NOT and just had A PRIVATE MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION.

Besides which, I have yet to see Tifa take a Pregnancy Test or carry condoms or even concern herself with MARRIAGE.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'll have you clean this FORUM with disinfectant, you gross disgusting perverted person!

Just as YOU PERVERTS can imagine in your DELUDED OXYTOCIN-SOAKED SKULLS that they had a sexual encounter, I CAN IMAGINE THEY DID NOT and just had A PRIVATE MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION.

Besides which, I have yet to see Tifa take a Pregnancy Test or carry condoms or even concern herself with MARRIAGE.
You are off course, entitled to your own headcanon. Power on!

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I said I "can imagine", I didn't say I "do" or "consistently do".

Headcanons are for the WEAK.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
-Tifa tells Cloud: "word's arent the only way of telling people how you feel".

- Scene fades to black.

- Next day Tifa freaks out when she realizes the group came and demands to know if they watched her and Cloud.

- One idea for this scene had Cloud walking out (what was it a barn?) whistling.

But sure 'headcanons'. Unless we're using headcanons as a euphemism for sex in which case you are correct and I would like to have a headcanon with a woman.

Great I made a legitimate post in this thread UGH

Last edited:

BforB

Pro Adventurer
AKA
B

So liiiiike are we to believe that everyone on this planet all have bowels of steel and don't need to function like the rest of us humes because we didn't see anyone piss behind a bush or stop the Bronco to take a big shit behind a rock?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom