• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate: Another Turn in the Cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
Carefully sidestepping the minefield :whistle:

Just wanted to reaffirm (since I didn't see a reply and for any lurkers out there) that yep, "aisuru mono" is intended as plural "loved ones". Can't check my English Ultimania 25th copy at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's the "Sephiroth took away many things from Cloud" angle, which....is exactly the point.

As a reference for any Japanese questions you have, I highly recommend https://jisho.org/ (super useful when translating, too).

Do I dare post in this thread again for something I found?

This is a teeny tiny picture of the French Ultimania. We talked about this quote earlier. Tres said that aisuru mono would be referring to Aerith most likely and I think Hito said it could be talking about multiple people or things. The French version went with proches which means "loved ones" or "love relatives" ... (or kinfolk lol) and now I want to know something.

Could aisuru mono refer to multiple things/people? Or is this just another horrible botched Bias Cloti translation?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
1. “Cloud was her [Aerith] friend, her *koibito* [lover in Japanese] – a symbol of what was important to her, and someone to be protected.” ~Case of Lifestream: White; Square Enix

2. Nomura of Square Enix doesn’t know the nature of Cloud and Tifa’s relationship *AFTER* the Highwind scene:

“For example, I was frequently asked if there had been romantic relationship between Tifa and Cloud for two years, after Final Fantasy VII ended, but I don’t have any clue.” ~Nomura; Dorimaga interview; published at Flaregamer
3. Cloud and Aerith’s canon date is pictured on Square Enix’s For the One I Love page:

tumblr_inline_p7x2tmUoNa1qh6wo2_250.jpg

“Through the long journeys, the love of the protagonists develop. Occasionally they become separated, but the two’s value to one another gives them the great strength to overcome whatever crisis may come.”
~Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania; For the One I Love page; Square Enix​
Lines to remember:

• "…the love of the protagonists develop.”
  • “…the two’s value to one another…”
Only one date –the pictured and canon Cloud x Aerith date– can be applied to the For the One I Love page.

4. Denzel and Barret are members of the same family, it’s just that Denzel is not *living* with Barret, which is why Barret does not appear in any of the quotes regarding Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel *living* together. Here is the proof:

“After visiting various locations with Tifa and Barret, Tifa opened the “Seventh Heaven” bar. Before setting off on a journey, Barret left Marlene in Cloud and Tifa’s care, and the three of them began living together.” ~Case of Tifa, Square Enix​
It says the “three of them [Cloud, Tifa, Marlene] began living together *AFTER* Barret set off on a journey.

This unequivocally proves that when the words “live”/”living”/”lived” are used to describe Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, it is *ONLY* excluding Barret because he is not *TECHNICALLY* living with them.

We also know Barret returns to living with Marlene in Dirge of Cerberus:

“Currently he is living with Marlene, the orphaned child of his best friend, however…” ~Dirge of Cerberus Official Complete Guide; p.21; Square Enix​
Further – Denzel’s presence has no relevance towards Cloud and Tifa’s relationship. Cloud believes Aerith brought Denzel to him, so if anything, Denzel would be considered Cloud and Aerith’s spirit child. Cloud x Tifa supporters make it seem as though Cloud and Tifa adopted Denzel because of their romantic relationship, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Both Marlene [Barret’s daughter] and Denzel [the child Cloud believes Aerith brought him] have no relevance towards the possible romantic nature of Cloud and Tifa’s relationship.

5. We know Cloud and Tifa are going through serious problems that prevented them from being in a relationship. Final Fantasy VII creator Nojima speaks of a premise that things “won’t go well” between Cloud and Tifa:

“First off, there’s the premise that things won’t go well between Tifa and Cloud, and that even without Geostigma or Sephiroth this might be the same…” ~Nojima interview about On the Way to a Smile; Square Enix​
Did you catch that last bit? Even without circumstances such as Geostigma and Sephiroth, things still probably wouldn’t have gone well between Cloud and Tifa. Without Sephiroth, Cloud wouldn’t have PTSD. Therefore, this speaks to the inherent issues that have persisted between Cloud and Tifa since childhood.

Nojima also says the children –Barret’s daughter, Marlene, and Cloud and Aerith’s spirit child, Denzel– **MIGHT** be able to help Cloud and Tifa sort through their problems:

“After Advent Children Complete, I guess Denzel and Marlene could help them work it out.” ~Nojima; On the Way to a Smile interview; Square Enix​
Even after Cloud’s Geostigma and guilt is removed, and Sephiroth is defeated, Nojima still isn’t sure Cloud and Tifa will work out.

Nojima, the creator of Final Fantasy VII, has said two very important things:
  • Cloud and Tifa’s problems likely have nothing to do with Geostigma and Sephiroth, the cause of Cloud’s PTSD.
  • Even when the issues plaguing Cloud are resolved [his guilt, Geostigma, and Sephiroth] Nojima still isn’t sure Cloud and Tifa will work out.
Both of these reasons tell us Cloud and Tifa have serious, inherent problems that prevent them from partaking in a healthy, long-lasting relationship.

Unfortunately, nothing between Cloud and Tifa has been shown to be resolved. Barret returns to living with Marlene in Dirge of Cerberus, and Cloud and Tifa’s relationship status is still unknown and in fractured territory.

Of course relationships aren’t always romantic — it’s normal and natural for couples to have problems. But, it is **equally** normal and representative of a real relationship to also have romance and a honeymoon phase.

Cloud and Tifa only qualify under the negative aspects of a relationship, whereas Cloud and Aerith qualify under the positive aspects of a relationship.

6. Cloud, Tifa, and Barret create a family together after the Highwind scene in Case of Tifa [seriously, read the novel]. Marlene is Barret’s daughter and invites Cloud into their family, a family that already includes herself and Barret. The family formed was not created for romantic reasons or formed from a romantic place like most families are:

Marlene: “I’ll put Cloud in our family too.”
Cloud: “I appreciate that.” ~Revised Case of Tifa; Square Enix​
The family formed was actually Barret’s idea [seriously, read the novel] and is a ‘family of friends’. This family has zero romantic connotations. Unfortunately, Cloud x Tifa supports love to exclude Barret from this family to build up the false notion Cloud and Tifa started an exclusive family together out of love, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

Barret returns to living with Marlene in Dirge of Cerberus and Denzel is a child Cloud believes Aerith brought him:

Cloud Strife: “Denzel had collapsed in front of Aerith’s church. That’s why I thought Aerith lead him to me.” ~Case of Tifa; Square Enix
7. The Cloud x Aerith Gold Saucer date is confirmed as canon within the compilation:

• #111: The Planet’s largest amusement park is run by Dio. Cloud and company visit this place many times in their battle. They meet Cait Sith here. A PROMISED date [there is only one promised date in the game] that ends in a magical night. In the city of desire that floats above the sands, the light memory of the two people is asleep even now…Aerith: “I think I must have seen him again, in you… But you’re different. Things are different… No, Cloud… I’m searching for you…” ~Final Fantasy Art Collection; Square Enix
  • “In Aerith’s case, if you play the game normally, the partner that generally comes will be Aerith.” ~Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix
  • “Oh, Cloud…I enjoyed our date at the Gold Saucer. The view from the gondola that night was really beautiful. I’ll never forget it. I’ll never forget you, Cloud…” ~Aerith; Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix
8. Cloud has a separate bed in his private room during Advent Children. Not only do we see pictures of Cloud’s private room with a bed during Advent Children, but Tifa tells Cloud to go drink in his room alone when they are having another one of their numerous fights:

Cloud: “I want to drink alone.
tumblr_inline_prd57z4geE1wdoch2_540.gif
Hearing that, Tifa lost control and said, “Then drink in your room.
~Case of Tifa; Square Enix​
People often say that because there is a lack of other furniture in Cloud’s room [like a dresser], it somehow invalidates the fact Cloud has a bed in his room. But how does a lack of other furniture mean Cloud can’t sleep in that bed? The point is, I find it hard to believe Square Enix would include a random bed in Cloud’s room just for the hell of it. If Cloud doesn’t sleep there, who does? Until we see Cloud and Tifa sleeping together, it only makes sense Cloud sleeps in the bed found in his room. This is further evidence that a romantic relationship did not begin between Cloud and Tifa after the Highwind scene.

Marlene is also stated to ALWAYS sleep with Tifa in Case of Tifa:

“Marlene, who had always slept with Tifa, slept with her foster father Barret the night before he left. Their conversations could be heard late into the night. Early the next morning, Barret set off.”
9. "Each carries their own feelings and love for Aerith. In this story, Cloud also carries his undying feeling for Aerith even to this very day…” ~Nomura; Square Enix

When *undying* is applied to a feeling or emotion that someone has, it is eternal and forever. So although you can make the argument that *undying* when applied to a fictional creature doesn’t mean eternal or forever, when the word "undying” is applied to a human emotion or feeling, it *IS* eternal and forever. Therefore, it does not make sense Nomura would be referring to Cloud’s guilt as *undying* when the entire point of Advent Children is to rid Cloud of his guilt. This undying feeling Cloud has for Aerith is most obviously romantic love.

10. LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT:

Cloud Strife: “Here I met a flower girl.
She’s a girl with impressive eyes.
She’s around my age, or older by one or two years but the innocent radiance in her eyes simply makes her suddenly look younger. (…) Maybe she’s pleased that the flower was sold, because the worried look on her face had vanished.
If this smile costs only one gil, it is a good purchase.” ~Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix​
11. “There’s no relationship from Final Fantasy VII to the Kingdom Hearts stories. I consider them separate stories. But if you play Kingdom Hearts, toward the end, some of the questions about the relationship between Cloud and Aeris in Final Fantasy VII might be answered.” ~Nomura; Square Enix

Nomura specifically says that although the two universes of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy VII are separate, the Kingdom Hearts universe might help answer questions about the relationship between Cloud and Aerith as it pertains to Final Fantasy VII’s universe. Cloud and Aerith are seen together at the end of Kingdom Hearts similar to other romantic couples.

12. Tifa admits to not knowing if Cloud loves her *AFTER* the Highwind scene:

“Do you love me?
Cloud opened his eyes. He looked perplexed.
“Hey, Cloud. Do you love Marlene?”
“Yeah. But… sometimes I don’t know how to act around her.” ~Case of Tifa; Square Enix​
If Tifa doesn’t know if Cloud loves her, Cloud x Tifa supporters shouldn’t pretend they know, either.

13. Aerith Gainsborough: “A girl with the blood of the Ancients flowing through her veins who is engraved in Cloud’s heart for the rest of his life” ~Dirge of Cerberus Japanese game manual; Square Enix

14. Love beyond death is a common theme in Final Fantasy: Tidus x Yuna, Shuyin x Lenne, Laguna x Raine, Ashe x Rasler, etc. Plus, in Final Fantasy VII, you have Vincent’s bond with Lucrecia. Vincent can see her and speak with her in Dirge of Cerberus, similar to the way Cloud can interact with Aerith in Advent Children.

15. Tifa’s jealously over Cloud and Aerith’s relationship:

“The thing which she is unable to hide in her irritation towards Cloud is the fact that he isn’t merely dragging the past around, but because that reason might perhaps be related to Aerith.

• Final Fantasy VII: Seeing Cloud and Aerith developing their world together before her eyes, she inadvertently lets slip her peevish feelings.
tumblr_inline_p7x2tmYhdq1qh6wo2_500.gif

• Advent Children: Upon knowing that Cloud had been residing in Aerith’s church after leaving the place they had been living in together, her expression becomes complex.” ~Tifa’s character profile; 10th Anniversary Ultimania; Square Enix
Aerith, very flirtatiously, says, “I knew that Cloud would come for me.” Cloud responds with, “Hey, I’m your bodyguard, right?”

Cloud references back to the conversation he and Aerith had in her Church, when Aerith promised Cloud a romantic date in return for his protection.

Aerith picks up on this and responds with, “The deal was for one date, right?”

Cloud and Aerith were very obviously flirting back-and-forth. If Tifa hadn’t been in the jail cell with Cloud, the flirtatious banter between Cloud and Aerith would have most certainly continued. However, because Tifa was in the same room as Cloud, she picks up on this flirtation, which is why she says, “…………oh, I get it.”

Through this dialogue, Square Enix was conveying to us that Cloud was holding more favor for Aerith than Tifa. Cloud intentionally directs his conversation with Aerith back to when they made the arrangement that he would be her bodyguard for the price of a romantic date.

We know Tifa viewed this as Cloud and Aerith developing their own world together before her very eyes:

“Seeing Cloud and Aerith developing their world together before her eyes, she inadvertently lets slip her peevish feelings.” ~Final Fantasy 10th Anniversary Ultimania; Square Enix​
And although some will say this is only Tifa’s perspective, it is also an accurate perspective. Tifa isn’t being the delusional stereotypical woman many like to paint her out to be. Before this conversation takes place, Cloud tells Marlene (in the canon version of this scene) that he “hopes” Aerith likes him. Marlene responds by saying she won’t tell Tifa. We also know Cloud found Aerith physically attractive in Square Enix’s Final Fantasy VII Dismantled.

Obviously, Cloud was romantically interested in Aerith based on his physical attraction to her, his conversation with Marlene, and his agreement to protect Aerith in exchange for a romantic date. This mutual romance between Cloud and Aerith played out before Tifa’s eyes in the Shinra jail cell, which is why she let her “peevish feelings” slip.

I honestly don’t think Tifa was being delusional or acting irrational. It’s obvious Cloud and Aerith were developing their own world together in the Shinra jail cell.

Back when I played the game as a kid, I always took this scene to unequivocally prove Cloud and Aerith were meant to be together. Why? Because Cloud shows favor for Aerith in-front of Tifa. This was probably the scene that confirmed Clerith to me the most.

I mean, hell, Cloud and Aerith flirt together right in-front of Tifa’s face. How much more obvious can it be that Cloud prefers Aerith?

And although Aerith didn’t know Tifa was in the room with Cloud, Cloud did. And he still decided to direct his conversation with Aerith back to when a romantic date was promised, by flirtatiously saying, “Hey, I’m your bodyguard, right?”

It doesn’t get much more obvious than that, which is exactly why Tifa let her “peevish feelings” slip when she saw Cloud and Aerith “developing their own world” together.

16. “Looks good. You are perfect for each other!” “Aerith’s star and Cloud’s star! They show a great future!” — “Poor Tifa!”~Cait Sith; Final Fantasy VII

“After solving the puzzle about Cait Sith’s replaceable body, he tells one last fortune of Cloud and Aerith’s affinity. Cait Sith’s lines, which seem to expect Cloud and Aerith’s wedding, now makes it more painful.” ~Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix

The argument about Cait Sith’s prediction should not revolve around how reliable he is. The argument should be about what was SE’s intent for including this wedding prediction in the game. SE could have had Aerith ask Cait Sith about her future and Cait Sith could have said, “You will have a bright future full of many happy times!” – this would have set the player up to get their heart broken when she was killed by Sephiroth. Instead, they specifically decided to include a prediction about Aerith’s romantic future with Cloud. It was a romantic prediction about her future with Cloud, not just a generic prediction about her future. So given the context of the game and how things were progressing between Cloud and Aerith, it is obvious why SE included this wedding prediction – so the gamer would have the idea in their head that Cloud and Aerith had the possibility of sharing a romantic future together, which would then be destroyed by the hands of the evil Sephiroth. A generic prediction about Aerith’s future would not have been nearly as meaningful or impactful to the gamer, which is why they specifically made the prediction about Aerith’s romantic future with Cloud. The romance that was clearly developing between Cloud and Aerith, in addition to a prediction about a their romantic future together, makes her death all the more sad. SE killed off a romantic love interest to Cloud because it would be more impactful to the gamer. If SE had killed Barret, I can guarantee you that it would not have been as memorable or as impactful to the gamer. One of the biggest reasons Aerith’s death is so sad is because she wasn’t just a friend to Cloud. Aerith had a possible romantic future with Cloud, which is exactly what SE wanted us to think, so that when they killed her, it was that much more painful and heartbreaking for those of us playing the game. Luckily, their love transcends traditional barriers and continues in the spiritual world. Furthermore, SE refers to this prediction as a wedding prediction. Why would they refer to it as a wedding prediction if it was not meant to highlight the romantic connection Cloud and Aerith have in the game?

Further – Cait Sith’s wedding prediction is stated to become “more painful” after Aerith’s death. The only way Aerith’s death would make a wedding prediction “more painful” is if Cloud and Aerith had a mutual romance that would have led to a marriage had she not died.

17. After Cloud and Aerith share a spiritual connection, Cloud says in the final moments of Final Fantasy VII:

“An answer from the Planet… the Promised Land… I think I can meet her… there.”
tumblr_inline_p7x2tnDQBx1qh6wo2_500.jpg

One of the main themes of Final Fantasy VII is that death isn’t the end of ones journey. Death doesn’t stop love from continuing.

Despite Aerith’s eventual death, their love transcends traditional boundaries. Cloud associates his Promised Land (his supreme happiness) with Aerith at the end of Final Fantasy VII, and they will one day reunite in the lifestream.

18. “You should have… An older girlfriend, one that would take care of you. I think that would be the perfect type for you.” ~Mrs. Strife (Cloud’s Mom); Final Fantasy VII

Before this flashback, Cloud thought Aerith’s smile was a “good purchase” and her eyes were “impressive”. He left their initial meeting with a “mysterious feeling”. Shortly after, he agreed to be Aerith’s bodyguard for the price of a romantic date.

Then, while Cloud is being taken care of in Aerith’s house, Square Enix decides to throw in a flashback where Cloud’s Mother talks about having an older girlfriend that will take care of him — two things Aerith qualifies under. Cloud wasn’t interested in this until he met the exact woman described by his Mother: Aerith Gainsborough.

This is not a coincidence on Square Enix’s part.

After this flashback, Cloud shares a “date” with Aerith in the Sector 6 park, he canonly tells Marlene he “hopes” Aerith likes him, he starts developing his “own world” with Aerith in the Shinra jail cell [which leads to Tifa letting her “peevish feelings” slip], he tells Aerith he will always be there for her in Cosmo Canyon — a classic romantic slip, he goes on a canon date with Aerith at Gold Saucer showing the “…love of the protagonists…” and the “…two’s value to one another,” they are given a “wedding” prediction by Cait Sith that becomes “more painful” after Aerith’s death, and Cloud expresses a desire to find Aerith in his supreme place of happinessthe Promised Land.

This flashback was the shift between Cloud Strife’s initial physical attraction to that of long-lasting love for Aerith Gainsborough.

19. “Marlene is a sharp girl - Even though she’s only 4 years old, Marlene is perceptive and well attuned to the woman mind. The scene where she ascertains that Aerith has favor for Cloud and tells him so, then says “I won’t tell Tifa!” demonstrates this grownup behavior.” ~Final Fantasy VII, 25th Anniversary Ultimania, Square Enix

In order for Marlene to say “I won’t tell Tifa,” Cloud is required to say he “hopes” Aerith likes him. Therefore, this is the canon version of this scene:

Marlene: "Guess what? Guess what? Aerith was asking me lots of questions. Like what kind of person Cloud is. I bet she likes you, Cloud!“​
Cloud: "Let’s hope so.
"
Marlene: "I won’t tell Tifa.
20. “The staff has their own answers to all the scenes in the movie such as the angel statue that makes an appearance many times. But, even if someone who has watched it interprets it differently, then that is just another answer.” ~Nomura; Square Enix

21. “The words “memetic legacy” are used a lot in the film…but in Advent Children, rather than focusing on memories we wanted to show that consciousness is what lives on. We took the ending of the game and expanded on that idea. Even if they’re dead, their consciousness is still with us. As for Cloud…he sees Aerith several times throughout the film. It’s not that he sees her because he feels her presence. He sees her because her consciousness…lives on inside him.” ~Nomura; Distance Interview

tumblr_inline_p7x2toJ5aB1qh6wo2_500.gif

22. Cloud and Tifa expressing mutual feelings in a variable scene =/= romantic relationship.

Although this is a reasonable assumption, it is *NOT* always the case that expressing mutual feelings means a romantic relationship begins. Reading Case of Tifa and watching Advent Children makes it clear Cloud and Tifa were never in a romantic relationship. I mean, do people actually call that a relationship? I understand all couples fight, but all couples have at least a few moments of romance, too. Where was their honeymoon phase?

23. “The place where he awakens. That is Cloud’s Promised Land……” ~Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Ultimania; Square Enix

Cloud awakes in Aerith’s Church where he shares a spiritual connection with her. The *PLACE* Cloud awakes [Aerith’s Church] is his Promised Land — his supreme happiness.

According to Aerith, ones Promised Land is a *FEELING* one gets:

“You search and travel, until you feel it. Like you just know, …this is the Promised Land.” ~Aerith; Maiden Who Travels the Planet; Square Enix​
When Cloud saw Aerith reaching down to him at the end of Final Fantasy VII, Cloud *FELT* his Promised Land. He says so: “An answer from the Planet… the Promised Land… I think I can meet her… there.”

Then, in Advent Children, Cloud can also find Aerith in her Church. Her Church is another place where Cloud has *FELT* his Promised Land. In other words, Cloud *FELT* his Promised Land in two places — the lifestream and Aerith’s Church. Why? Because he can find Aerith in both places. Aerith brings him his feeling of “supreme happiness” — the feeling required to find one’s Promised Land.

To determine what causes Cloud to *FEEL* his Promised Land, his statement at the end of FFVII and Square Enix’s statement about Cloud’s Promised Land being in Aerith’s Church can’t contradict each other. What is the one similarity between Cloud’s statement at the end of Final Fantasy VII and SE’s statement about Cloud’s Promised Land in Advent Children? Finding Aerith.

Whether it’s Aerith’s Church or the lifestream, it is wherever Cloud can find Aerith that is stated to be Cloud’s Promised Land. Both Cloud and Square Enix say this.

Cloud’s Promised Land obviously can’t be his friends and family because Cloud has already stated he has a Promised Land in the lifestream with Aerith. Once Cloud is done living with his friends and family, and is finally meant to join the lifestream, he will return the Promised Land Aerith speaks of in MoT and Cloud speaks of at the end of Final Fantasy VII. In other words, both times Cloud got the feeling that is required for a Promised Land have been in Aerith’s presence. SHE is the common denominator. SHE is the only way both statements regarding Cloud’s Promised Land don’t contradict each other.

24. Both of them share feelings for Cloud. Tifa was close to Aerith, who can also be called a love rival. With that point in mind, they were also good friends. Nevertheless, it is not hard to imagine that she carries complex feelings as a woman toward Aerith, who had built up a special bond with Cloud that was different from Tifa’s. Tifa’s complicated feelings continue even in Advent Children, two years after Aerith had departed the world.“ ~Tifa’s profile; Final Fantasy VII 10th Anniversary Ultimania; pg. 42-47; Square Enix

25. “I never blamed you. Not once. You came for me. That’s all that matters.” ~Aerith Gainsborough; Advent Children

26. “A story of a love that could never be…” ~Official Square Enix commercial referring to Cloud x Aerith

27. Aerith loves Cloud more than Zack:
"I, now undoubtedly, love Cloud much more than Zack.” ~Aerith’s monologue in Gongaga; Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix

tumblr_inline_p7x2towXCO1qh6wo2_500.gif

Having a character accidentally express feelings for another, and then backtrack from their slip-up, is a common literary device to show romantic attraction from one character to another. This piece of dialogue is a subtle (yet obvious) way to show Cloud is falling in love with Aerith.

Why else is this there if not to show Cloud is falling in love with the Flower Girl? As I mentioned above, Cloud’s line is a common literary device to show one character is romantically interested in another.

Let us also remember that Cloud’s romantic slip-up in Cosmo Canyon occurs after these key events:

1. Cloud thinks Aerith’s eyes are "impressive" 2. Cloud thinks Aerith’s smile is a "good purchase” 3. Cloud leaves his initial meeting with Aerith with a ”mysterious feeling” 4. Cloud agrees to be Aerith’s bodyguard for the price of one date 5. Cloud has a flashback about romantic relationships in Aerith’s house 6. Cloud and Aerith share an intimate date in the Sector 5 park where Aerith brings up her previous boyfriend, thus bringing romantic relationships to the forefront of the story 7. Cloud tells Marlene he hopes Aerith likes him 8. Barret observes that Aerith is the first person Cloud cares for besides himself 9. Tifa gets jealous when she hears Cloud and Aerith flirting and developing their “own world” and “special bond” in the Shinra jail cell​
Given all that occurred prior to Cosmo Canyon, especially Cloud telling Marlene he hopes Aerith likes him, makes it undeniable that Cloud’s slip-up is romantic. Not only is Cloud’s slip-up a common literary device to show one characters attraction to another, but the context is undeniably romantic.

Cloud also says, “I remember Aerith a lot” while visiting Cosmo Canyon during disc 2. This line occurs after Cloud shares a promised date with Aerith in Golden Saucer, a wedding prediction by Cait Sith, and Aerith’s sudden death by the hands of Sephiroth. It’s clear Cloud and Aerith truly did develop a “special bond” in a short amount of time. All of this is exactly why Square Enix says:

“Cloud was her [Aerith] friend, her *koibito*
[lover in Japanese] – a symbol of what was important to her, and someone to be protected.” ~Case of Lifestream: White; Square Enix​
29. Aerith loves Cloud for who he is, not for who he reminded her of quote #1:

“Although in the beginning Aerith felt close to Cloud is because he behaves like Zack, her interest in Cloud himself grows and she is attracted to him.” ~page 31; Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega; Square Enix

30. Aerith loves Cloud for who he is, not for who he reminded her of quote #2:

“First off, it bothered me how you looked exactly alike. Two completely different people, but look exactly the same. The way you walk, gesture… I think I must have seen him again, in you… But you’re different. Things are different…” ~Aerith; Final Fantasy VII

31. Cloud agrees to be Aerith’s bodyguard for the price of a romantic date.

This is the typical beginning of a love story: love at first sight, and the hero protecting his heroine [for the price of a romantic date, nonetheless!].

32. Cloud visits Aerith’s Church frequently after her death [even before being diagnosed with Geostigma]

When Tifa discovers Cloud continues to long for Aerith she says, "Which is it? A memory or us?”

The thing which she is unable to hide in her irritation towards Cloud is the fact that he isn’t merely dragging the past around, but because that reason might perhaps be related to Aerith.
Advent Children: Upon knowing that Cloud had been residing in Aerith’s church after leaving the place they had been living in together, her expression becomes complex.“
~Tifa’s character profile; 10th Anniversary Ultimania; Square Enix​
Tifa’s jealously over Cloud and Aerith’s "special bond” continues in Advent Children.

33. In Advent Children, when Sephiroth asks Cloud what he cherishes the most, the first person that comes to his mind is Aerith.

34. Cloud and Aerith share their first of two dates at Green Park in the Sector 6 Slum:

Date in the Park: In Scene 04-10, Zack and Aerith have a date in Green Park in the sector 6 slum. An identical situation is seen in “FFVII” as well, which features a scene of Cloud and Aerith on a date in the same park.” ~Crisis Core Ultimania; Square Enix​
35. “After the explosion of First Reactor, Cloud met Aerith while running away alone. Cloud left the place, remembering the mysterious feeling he had for Aerith from the small conversation. He then reunited with AVALANCHE safely, and left for their base…” ~Final Fantasy VII Story Playback; Page 111; Square Enix

36. Cloud x Aerith have numerous official pieces of Square Enix artwork together, depicting them similarly to other canon Final Fantasy couples.

37. “It was the sound of Cloud’s heart cracking. It was the cry of his heart that could never be healed of the grief he had towards Aerith’s death, the blame towards himself and the hatred he had for Sephiroth…There was nothing she could do about Cloud’s suffering and the pain ached in her heart.” ~Maiden of the Planet, Square Enix

Cloud’s heart broke when Aerith died.

37. According to Square Enix’s *relationship charts* found in Square Enix’s FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, Cloud and Tifa are childhood friends *only* in both the Final Fantasy VII relationship chart and the Advent Children relationship chart. In addition, Cloud and Tifa never have mutual favor arrows, either. The FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania provides two relationship charts: One for FFVII and one for AC. By including two charts it is meant to compare and contrast relationships in FFVII to relationships in AC. Essentially, having two charts helps highlight the *changes* the relationships have gone through between FFVII and AC. However, Cloud and Tifa’s relationship does not go through any *changes* because they are referred to as “childhood friends” in both charts. However, that is not the case for Cloud and Aerith. The FFVII chart states Cloud is Aerith’s “bodyguard.” Then, for the AC chart, it states Cloud feels a, “sense of guilt” towards Aerith. That’s because Cloud failed to protect Aerith — meaning he failed as her bodyguard. The difference between Cloud and Aerith’s two charts was the perfect way for SE to show us how their relationship changed between FFVII and AC — Cloud failed as her “bodyguard” in FFVII, so he feels a sense of “guilt” towards her in AC. Why did SE not show any changes between Cloud and Tifa’s relationship? Answer: because Cloud and Tifa’s relationship did not change between FFVII and AC, and are only childhood friends during both time periods.

38. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children: During the ending credits, Cloud is shown riding his motorcycle through numerous flower fields. Although Cloud is a delivery boy, these flower fields he is shown riding through have a much deeper significance:

Nomura said in the Reunion Files that:

“…we filmed the video for the ending credits in Hawaii. There are fields of flowers on both sides of the road, and the colors - yellow and white - are the same as the flowers in Aerith’s church.”
In addition, Nomura states:

“With Aerith, ‘flowers’ have been her image throughout the series.”
39. Final Fantasy Dissidia:

At the end of Dissidia, Cloud is seen entering a flower field. This flower field is eerily similar to the flower fields Aerith has appeared in, and the flower field shown during the ending credits of Advent Children. Cloud is also holding Aerith’s Holy materia. Before this takes place, it is stated by Zidane that each character is, “…returning to where we’re supposed to be.” Cloud is supposed to be with Aerith, which is why he returns to a flower field. Interestingly, Squall of Final Fantasy VIII is seen leaving when a white feather falls from the sky. This feather represents Rinoa. The parallels between Cloud x Aerith and Squall x Rinoa are obvious. During the game Cloud also says, “The one I really want to meet is…” And although he doesn’t finish his sentence, given the ending scene of Dissidia and the ending of Final Fantasy VII, it is clear who Cloud has a desire to meet in the Promised Land – Aerith Gainsborough.

40. Final Fantasy IX:

The Flower Girl calls Knight VII “cute” and Knight VII calls the Flower Girl “beautiful”. Their entire conversation is very flirtatious and romantic.

tumblr_inline_p7x2tpkEcn1qh6wo2_500.png
tumblr_inline_p7x2tpHcir1qh6wo2_500.png

41. Aerith loves Cloud more than Zack:
“At first when I met Cloud, I believed he was similar to Zack. Little actions, the way he spoke… his kindness. But Cloud is Cloud. I, now undoubtedly, love Cloud much more than Zack.” ~Aerith’s monologue in Gongaga; Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; Square Enix​
42: Final Fantasy Tactics:

Cloud meets a Flower Girl in Final Fantasy Tactics. Cloud essentially has the same conversation with this Flower Girl as he did with Aerith during the beginning of Final Fantasy VII.

tumblr_inline_p7x2tqGxCC1qh6wo2_500.gif

Please read these similar quotes between FFT and FFVII:

Final Fantasy Tactics:
Cloud: “My fingers are tingling… My eyes…they’re burning.”
Final Fantasy VII:
Cloud: “My fingers are tingling. My mouth is dry. My eyes are burning!”
Final Fantasy Tactics:
Cloud: “I lost…a very important thing…”
Final Fantasy VII:
Cloud lost Aerith in Final Fantasy VII.​
Final Fantasy Tactics:
Cloud: “Ever since, I’ve been lost. Who am I? What should I do?
What about this pain…”
Final Fantasy VII:
Cloud:“What about US… what are WE supposed to do?”
Cloud “What about my pain?”
Final Fantasy Tactics:
Cloud “Must go…to the Promised Land.”
Final Fantasy VII:
Cloud: “The Promised Land…I think I can meet her… there.”
43. The hand reach scene between Cloud and Aerith in Advent Children is referred to as a “homage” by Square Enix, which highlights the romantic relationship between Cloud and Aerith that has continued into the spiritual world.

“The ending scene of the battle with Bahamut, the scene where Aerith reaches out her hand, is homage to the last scene from a previous production. It was Tetsuya (Nomura)’s idea….” ~Nojima; Reunion Files; Square Enix​
Advent Children took Final Fantasy VII’s hand reach to the next level — Cloud and Aerith were finally able to lock hands, something they were so close to doing in Final Fantasy VII.

Despite Tifa’s presence in both scenes, she is not the primary focus. The primary focus has always been about Cloud and Aerith reuniting.

Advent Children’s homage makes it crystal clear: the girl Cloud wished was reaching for him was Aerith, the very girl he was finally able to lock hands with in Advent Children.

44. Cloud and Tifa living together in Advent Children does not mean a romantic relationship exists. Remember Cid and Shera in Final Fantasy VII? Also, remember that Cloud has a separate bed in his private room and that the family formed was formed with Marlene and Barret. This is a “family of friends” and has zero romantic connotations.

45. Cloud Strife broke down when Aerith Gainsborough died, showing he harbors a love for her that is both indescribable and incomprehensible:

Cloud Strife: “The cycle of nature and your stupid plan don’t mean a thing. Aerith is gone. Aerith will no longer talk, no longer laugh, cry…… or get angry…… What about us…… what are WE supposed to do? What about my pain?”
46. Highwind Scene Variability Quote #1:

“After stopping Hojo from going amuck, the conversation with Tifa before they rush into the Northern Crater diverges into two conditions, according to Tifa’s affection rating with Cloud. When it gets low, the conversation in the scene that they spend the night will be apathetic and ends short. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa says “Were you listening?” and stamps on tiptoe. On the other hand, when degree gets higher, the conversation of the scene that they spend the night will have strong emotions. Next morning in the cockpit, Tifa will say “Were you watching?” and feels terribly shy” ~page 198; Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega
47. Highwind Scene Variability Quote #2:

“Deviation – Two versions of the conversation before the final battle. Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa’s affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two’s conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarrassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly.” ~page 232; Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania
48. Highwind Scene Variability Quote #3:

“Another event is when the party was dismissed and after everyone left for their own places separately, Cloud and Tifa spent the night together. At that moment, according to Tifa’s affection rating with Cloud, the event of “dialogues exchanged between them from dusk to dawn” and “Tifa’s reaction and lines when she found out that everyone might see (or hear) that circumstance” will be different.” ~Final Fantasy VII Dismantled; page 201​
49. “And having two heroines, Aerith and Tifa, and having the hero waver between them, at the time that was something new.” ~Interview with the creators; pg. 8-13; 10th Anniversary Ultimania; Square Enix

50. Square Enix officially named Cloud and Aerith the Emperor and Empress in Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade. I guess Cait Sith’s “wedding prediction” came true after-all.

tumblr_inline_p7x2tq8xYF1qh6wo2_500.png
Has this reached copypasta status yet?

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Jaysus @Lex you've some memory!! I feckin knew I'd seen all that before but I couldn't remember who it was who'd posted it and as I kept reading it I kept thinking this is an awfully and headache inducingly familiar post and then as soon as you said Blankness I had a major flashback to several heated and head-banging-off-a-brick-wall discussions.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay I cant read it all right now.. Is he saying only Clerith is valid or both are?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hold that thought.

This argument was copied and pasted from this tumblr page.

tenor.gif

It's the same person lol

Also I'm really tempted to reply to some of those but I feel like he's not going to post in this topic again so I don't see the point :closedmonster: Like when he says Nomura said they don't know their relationship but we have a quote LATER ON from Nomura that says the movie grasps the truth of their relationship. And what does koibtio mean for Tifa... and so on....

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Probably better not to engage again in it as much as I love a good debate on LTD. When someone comes in with a new argument it's really fresh and interesting but this isn't and it was painful to debate, l seem to recall A LOT of those pieces of info were collectively shot down by everyone in the thread including Clerith supporters for completely pulling them out of context and with a lot of evidence to back up why they were. Literally nothing got through to BB and all that happened was the same points being addressed by BB again and again and then shot down again and again and again.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I would say, if they love their Clerith then let them enjoy it in peace. I agree, don't engage.

Well I mean yeah normally but he came here wanting a debate obviously... or wanting some attention? I have a counter point for every single thing he said but as Sprites said it's all been said before. And even if I did counter it, he'd just post it again in a few months. But I know he knows better, I just wish he'd show that he's better than to use the same copy/pasta arguments all the time

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Yeah unfortunately if the previous time was anything to go by this is a classic case of a leopard never changes their spots.

It's a pity that there's no budging.

On another topic how the LT is going to be handled during the remake I am VERY interested in that and wondering are they going to keep us guessing or establish something more definitive and end the debate once and for all.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
What I wonder is... what if there's MORE options... like what if you can date Nanaki and Cid... or like Cloud can piss everyone off and go all by himself. Or maybe he sees all the girls going on the Gondala or something :monster: Now THAT would be interesting

Lex

Administrator
Lic is maybe referring to the recent official English translations of the ultimanias. Which I believe even actual full blown Cloti shippers were astounded by (it's all very Cloti).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
What I wonder is... what if there's MORE options... like what if you can date Nanaki and Cid... or like Cloud can piss everyone off and go all by himself. Or maybe he sees all the girls going on the Gondala or something :monster: Now THAT would be interesting

I’m honestly shocked that there’s not a mod for PC that expands the romance system. It could be called “A New Throat”

Trams

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Shiara
I’m honestly shocked that there’s not a mod for PC that expands the romance system. It could be called “A New Throat”

The only throat for Cloud Strife is Aerith's! And that's on period! Sephiroth was sweet enough to give Aerith a 4th insertion for Cloud's pleasure, as well.

Is being a furry a bannable offense? Because I would like to report!

Ah, Blankbeat returns I see. You were banned, were you not? Or did you just leave, I can't remember.

Who is this Blankbeat you speak of?...They are unheard of.

nolongertsuki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Owner of Auron
Aerith is dead, Cloud is not. They are not together.

It's a little something called -Love Beyond Death-... GET SOME!

CloTi nonsense: "Cloud can't be with Aerith because she is dead".

This is not a question of who Cloud can be with, it is a question of who he loves. You can continue loving someone,
even after they are dead. Think about it. Would you cease to love someone simply because they died? I would
certainly hope not! Plus, in case you forgot, Cloud's decision at the end of FFVII was to be with Aerith, to "meet
her there" ("there" being The Promised Land). So, he is still searching for a way to be with her, even though she is
dead. This has been shown time and time again in subsequent games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Kingdom Hearts.

Cloud and Aerith are portrayed as having a spiritual bond in FFVII:

There are two scenes in particular that show this well. The first:

After resting for a while, Cloud woke up in the nighttime.

Cloud: I feel it...

Barret: What is it?

Cloud: Aerith is here, ...and so is Sephiroth.

Barret: Wh, what! Sephiroth!?

Cid: Hey, how do you know!?

Cloud: ...it's not an excuse. I feel it in my soul.

So, you can see here that Cloud can feel Aerith's presence. He can feel Sephiroth's presence because of his Jenova
cells. However, he has no such link to Aerith. The only explanation why Cloud can feel Aerith's presence in this
scene is because they share a deep spiritual bond, as soul mates would.

Another scene that shows their bond:

Scene 90
- Aerith's Gift -

(Reaching the intersection near the entrance of the Forgotten City, Cloud looks to the north.)

Cloud: "Aerith's voice...... Coming from there?"

(He rushes north. Passing through a tunnel, he reaches a secluded, calm, mirrorlike pool. Sunlight shines from
above, though it is still midnight. He continues. He enters a small, spiral-shaped building. Taking a long, glass
stairway there, he reaches a huge, elegant, crystalline city, suspended in space. Continuing on, he finds a small
shrine. Aerith is kneeling inside it.)

As you can see from the picture, there is no way that Cloud could have heard Aerith's voice from where he was
standing. He was much too far away. So, if he didn't hear her voice physically, then the only possible explanation is
that Cloud heard Aerith's voice speaking inside himself, resonating down the deep spiritual bond that they share.

Cloud and Aerith's connection in Advent Children/Advent Children Complete:

In Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children/Advent Children Complete, it is shown that death means nothing. Aerith is
still very much a part of Cloud's life. They interact with one another in the movie, speaking and even touching. And,
in the end, Aerith remains a part of Cloud's life as shown in the bonus videos "Calling" and "Safe and Sound". The
creators themselves have even confirmed just how deeply bonded Cloud and Aerith are: From Distance, the
directors' Advent Children commentary:

Nomura: "The words 'memetic legacy' are used a lot in the film but in AC, rather than focusing on memories we
wanted to show that consciousness is what lives on. We took the ending of the game and expanded on that idea.
Even if they're dead their consciousness is still with us. As for Cloud... he sees Aerith several times throughout
the film. It's not that he sees her because he feels her presence. He sees her because her consciousness
lives on inside him
."

This quote explains why only Cloud can see, hear, and touch Aerith. For Cloud, who is so closed-off around others,
sharing a soul bond like this, a bond in which they are melded completely and nothing is hidden between them, this
relationship must be a very intimate one indeed. Cloud can now roam freely around Gaia with Aerith by his side
always; Aerith, whom he shares everything with. So, truly, this argument should not even be used anymore. S-E
has already shown that, in the world of Final Fantasy, death isn't really a problem for Cloud and Aerith. Aerith lives
on in Cloud's very soul. Aerith may have lost her body, but she and Cloud will never be apart.

More official quotes that speak of Cloud and Aerith's closeness:

Nojima: As long as Cloud blames himself for Aerith's death, he won't be able to move on with his life. One of the
first ideas we had for Advent Children was to have Cloud overcome and resolve that immense feeling of guilt. For
Cloud, no one other than Aerith can solve that problem for him. I tried to create an atmosphere in which she still
seems to be by his side - in spirit at least
. (Reunion Files, p. 58)

***********************************************************************************************

Maaya Sakamoto (Aerith's Japanese voice actress): She's presented in this movie as Cloud remembers her, and her
spirit is still with him - talking to him throughout the film
. (Reunion Files, p. 58)

***********************************************************************************************

Cloud feels an incredible sense of guilt for not being able to save her [Aerith], but sometimes he can still hear her
voice in a soft whisper
. (Reunion Files, Aerith's profile)

A few lines from Maiden of the Planet, the official Aerith novella that also prove my point:

"She was told that death was not the demise of life."

"Aerith knew that death didn't mean to be annihilated."

Death cannot stop love, especially in the world of Final Fantasy. And it certainly is not a hindrance to Cloud and
Aerith. It never was. The real world =\= the FF world. This is a world ruled by fantasy. The rules of reality hold no
sway here.

"Since Sephiroth exists, Aerith must exist."

"Since Sephiroth exists, Aerith must exist. There was no doubt about that one." (Nojima, Reunion Files)

So, what is important in this quote? Because there are CloTis who are quite comfortable accepting the fact that
Cloud can see, hear, and interact with Sephiroth, but they refuse to accept that Cloud can see, hear, and interact
with Aerith. Why? Because, if Cloud can see, hear, and interact with Aerith, despite the fact that she's dead, it makes
their "Cloud can't be with Aerith because she's dead" argument null and void.

In the two novellas written by Nojima, Case of Lifestream: White and Case of Lifestream: Black, a glimpse into the
Lifestream is given, showing how both Aerith (White) and Sephiroth (Black) influence the world. Sephiroth decides
to form remnants of himself from negative Lifestream to do his will on the planet's surface. Aerith wonders if she
can do the same, then decides against it, wishing to meet Cloud as he knew her. However, the fact remains- if
Sephiroth can use negative Lifestream to manifest remnants of himself, Aerith should be able to use positive
Lifestream to physically manifest herself.

If both Aerith and Sephiroth are capable of influencing the world, and they are both capable of talking to Cloud and
being seen by Cloud, then why would anyone believe that Cloud is only capable of interacting with Sephiroth, and
not Aerith? Clearly, Aerith can produce a physical manifestation, or she would not have been able to boost Cloud
upward during his battle with Bahamut-Sin in AC/ACC. This is just one more reason why death means nothing to
Cloud and Aerith's relationship. Cloud is fully capable of hearing Aerith, speaking to her, and even touching her. So,
what's stopping them from being together?

Square-Enix Supports the Idea of Love Beyond Death:

It amuses me how many people will say that Cloud cannot be with Aerith because she is dead and then turn around
and say they are fans of Tidus/Yuna from FFX. WTH??? Tidus and Yuna's love story was directly parallel with that
of Cloud and Aerith. Tidus and Yuna's love was based on the concept of loving someone even after they have
died
. It was also about continuing to love that person and search for a way to be with them again, despite the
overwhelming odds. Yuna searched for a way to be with Tidus again (FFX-2) much in the same way Cloud stated
that he thought he could "meet" Aerith in the Promise Land at the end of FFVII. Cloud is also portrayed as searching
for Aerith and/or meeting Aerith in subsequent games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Dissidia
Final Fantasy

Even in FFVII itself, we see other pairings that portray love beyond death. One of these is Vincent and Lucrecia.
Years later, on into the Compilation game Dirge of Cerberus, Vincent has not moved on. He is still in love with
Lucrecia and often visits a cave where she can be seen, her image preserved in a large crystal. Barret also chose not
to move on after the death of his wife. For that matter, neither did Dyne, who later died and was reunited with his
wife's spirit in the Lifestream. Even Elmyra, Aerith's adoptive mother, did not move on after the death of her
husband.

So, why is it a requirement that Cloud should "move on"? Why is it so pertinent that he cease loving Aerith just
because she has died? Vincent, Barret, Dyne, and Elmyra all chose to remain alone, preferring to live with the
memory of their loved ones close to their hearts. At least in Cloud's case, he can be with Aerith. She is still with him,
even after her death, due to her Cetra heritage. The others I have listed didn't have that luxury... yet they chose to
carry on loving their significant others even after they were gone. I think this says a lot for Cloud and Aerith and
why they shouldn't be dismissed completely just because one of them has departed the physical plane.

In FFVIII, you see another great example of love beyond death- Laguna and Raine. At the end of the game, the
player is shown Laguna standing at Raine's grave, still wearing his wedding ring. He has chosen to continue loving
Raine. He has chosen to not move on from her memory.

In FFX-2, Shuyin and Lenne's love endured through 1,000 years of separation. And some people say they find it
hard to believe that Cloud can still be in love with Aerith after 2 or 3 years? I believe I have provided more than
enough proof that S-E does not consider death to be the "end" of love. Nor do they consider time an obstacle. If
Shuyin and Lenne can continue loving one another after 1,000 years, then Cloud continuing to love Aerith for the
remainder of his life should not even be questioned. Why? Because S-E says so.

And, finally, in FFXII, Princess Ashe is shown grieving for her lost love, Rasler. Throughout the game, she is
shown remembering him many times. Most importantly, though, is the fact that Ashe chooses not to move on. In
the end, she remains alone, the memory of Rasler still close to her heart.
One Last Thing (small rant):

Another thing about the whole "Aerith is dead" argument that totally pisses me off is the "Cloud would have to
become a necrophiliac in order to continue loving Aerith" statement (it cannot be called a real argument). People that
use this obtuse declaration in love triangle debates should be shot. They are maladjusted, immature, and completely
ignorant when it comes to love. They have no concept of what love is and have clearly never been in love
themselves. For all of you morons who still don't get it, I will explain-- sex does not= love. It doesn't even come
close
. Love means holding someone in your heart forever. Love means continuing to love someone even after they
have passed on. Love means searching for a way to be with the one you love no matter what the odds. Love means
waiting for the one you love for however long it takes.

Plus, let us not forget that Cloud is not the typical hormone-driven guy. He isn't anything like you horny fan boys
out there, so stop ruining his character by lowering him to your level. Cloud is an extremely introverted and shy
person who hides his innermost feelings. He's not a skirt-chaser and has never been portrayed as such.

As a matter of fact, the creators agree with me on the fact that Cloud isn't some walking hormone who thinks with
his junk. During an interview regarding Advent Children Complete with Nojima and Nozue (Dengeki PS3 Magazine),
Nojima said that he thinks that since Denzel idolizes Cloud, there’s going to be a period where he doesn’t pay
any attention to girls

So, there you have it. Confirmation at last that Cloud isn't some he-whore whose sole concern is where his next
piece of tail is coming from. Honestly, anyone with the tiniest inkling of what Cloud is really like already knew this,
but some people need it spelled-out for them.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
This is not a question of who Cloud can be with, it is a question of who he loves.

So.. both? :monster:

Also dude, why are you being so rude with your replies?... Why not just have some fun and discuss what Cloud dating Nanaki would be like or something? Post in other areas of the forum. No one really cares about the LTD here anymore. There's SO MUCH FFVII stuff here. Surely there must be something on the forum you'll find you enjoy besides this area... which I don't think you really enjoy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom