• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Magic of FFVII's Plot Twists

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Very good video essay examining storytelling mechanics and FFVII itself. Reminded me a bit of Il Neige's discussion of Cloud's character in his Advent Children review (see here). How the strength of Cloud's character isn't from particularly complex characterization, but from his complex (well-written) backstory, i.e. the appeal of the plot twist, how well executed it is.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
You know I think non-fans who never played the games will assume that the popular persona of Cloud is his real personality. I still think the twist still holds up for those who never delved into the game. At the end of the day, Cloud is a deconstruction of an escapist character because instead of being a macho meathead he pretend to be he's actually a closet dork.

Top Bottom