• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The memory lives on

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, it only took me a week this time to deliver on my promise. Should have just said it would take that long — but then it would have ended up taking me two weeks again. =P

Anyway, here is the third and final post in my recent series of Ultimania articles that overuse the word “memory” and those similar to it.

As with the Impressive Scenes article from a few weeks ago, I have made my best effort to recreate what you would see on the pages in the actual book with regard to the screenshots used and their layout. I wasn’t quite able to do a perfect job of this, but it’s pretty close. I’m happy with it at least, and I’m confident you’ll be getting a solid representation of the material.

What is the material this time, you ask? It’s a collection of what the authors to the FF 25th Memorial Ultimania Vol. 2 guide determined to be among the most memorable elements from each game covered by the book (those games being FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX). You may or may not agree with all their choices, just as with the Impressive Scenes selections, but it’s hard to argue with most of these. Some are funny, some are heartwarming (or heartbreaking), some are confusing or frustrating, and some are just plain odd.

Honestly, it’s refreshing to see Square Enix publish a book that seems to know so well what players would remember about their older games.

I had a lot of fun putting this article together, and I think all of you will enjoy it too. I hope so anyway.
http://thelifestream.net/lifestream-projects/translations/31030/the-memory-lives-on/

Well done! Entertaining feature that plays on the gamer heart strings.

Only one image needs to be re-cropped. Crop away one-pixel column to the left. View article to easier see the white bit.

You can’t rotate Selphie vertically?
NOOOOO WE WANTED PANTY SHOTS :lol:

You can use Tents for recovery in battle! Because of that, however, you are occasionally bitten by a snake in the Tent.
woah

I never knew o___o

Once Kuja’s havoc comes to an end, his despair attracts an unknown “darkness.”
If it was me I'd put the final quotation mark before the punctuation.

EDIT: Shared on facebook. Views should go up when S&G shares it too at a more optimal time.

OurFinalHeaven

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Okay so this is translated? Sooo...with FF7 Cloud and Tifa scene this makes it canon right? I'm sorry to ask this as I am so tired of hearing I'm always wrong on Tumblr that the scene is not canon... I always appreciate the hard efforts you guys put into translations...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well done! Entertaining feature that plays on the gamer heart strings.

Thanks. And, yeah, I think this one is really great. Definitely one of my favorites that I've worked on.

Shademp said:
Only one image needs to be re-cropped. Crop away one-pixel column to the left. View article to easier see the white bit.

Thanks. Working on that now.

Shademp said:
If it was me I'd put the final quotation mark before the punctuation.

Oh, you wacky Europeans. :awesome:

Shademp said:
EDIT: Shared on facebook. Views should go up when S&G shares it too at a more optimal time.

Thanks. :monster:

Okay so this is translated?

It is. These little blurbs were all very brief. Made translating easier, thankfully, and the overall work go faster.

OurFinalHeaven said:
Sooo...with FF7 Cloud and Tifa scene this makes it canon right? I'm sorry to ask this as I am so tired of hearing I'm always wrong on Tumblr that the scene is not canon...

I'm not sure what you're referring to. There weren't any Cloud and Tifa specific scenes referenced in this article.

OurFinalHeaven said:
I always appreciate the hard efforts you guys put into translations...

You're welcome.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Well done. This was a fantastic contribution and it actually made me a bit emotional. Hats off!

Top Bottom