The most annoying fandom assumptions that make no sense and won't die.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Sephiroth is a demigod.

Superhuman doesn't imply endless power at all. Spider-Man is superhuman, Captain America is super-human.

Cloud is only average when it comes to his mind. He has always been talented with a sword as implied by BC, and he has always been willing to fight for his friends and family.

I don't see how a guy who defeats giant super powered monsters or slices buildings in half with a massive sword can be called anything but superhuman.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If Cloud is to be considered superhuman though, then what is Sephiroth? I see superhuman as being nearly undefeatable and having nearly endless power.

Cloud has some superhuman qualities at present time in the FF7 world. However, I think part of his charm as a character is that he basically is your average human with some enhancements, and he has weakness.

But Cloud wasn't always superhuman. And he's not on the same level as Sephiroth.

Consider Captain America and Thor.

Both are Superhuman. Thor could DEMOLISH cap in a straight up fight.

Smaddy

Green Mage
So he's superhuman, I guess? That wasn't the point, but okay.

Also, I'm not a bro. :lol:

EDIT: Cloud's superhuman status is being based off his fight vs Bahamut Shin (Sin, whatever) and chopping up the ShinRa building? The Bahamut Shin thing, wasn't part of that attack Cloud did have something to do with the fact that he was "boosted" by Avalanche?

What about everything else that happened to Cloud, and everything else he did?

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Superhuman only means your capabilities are much higher than what a normal person is capable of, not that you're infallible by any means.

Cloud failed as a SOLDIER because he just didn't have the confidence or strength of mind that was required by their standards at that time. Eventually he grew into it and realised his potential though.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
EDIT: Cloud's superhuman status is being based off his fight vs Bahamut Shin (Sin, whatever) and chopping up the ShinRa building? The Bahamut Shin thing, wasn't part of that attack Cloud did have something to do with the fact that he was "boosted" by Avalanche?

What about everything else that happened to Cloud, and everything else he did?

Wat.

Cloud would have had to be superhuman to even fall from that height and survive. No that's not all it's based off of.

He and Avalanche defeated tons of foes that would practically require all of them to be much more than a normal human.

They're just that badass.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Thor has beaten Juggs before and vice versa.

But it's irrelevant to the thread of course.

Smaddy

Green Mage
I just found this on a board... quoted directly:

Cloud, Tifa, Rikku, Reno, and one of those Soliers from FF7, I can't remember his name for the life of me .
But he has the medium-ish silver hair.. Dayum :3 I'd tap that .
I can't believe I'm forgetting his name though, I watched the movie yesterday >3>

Gee, a silver-haired soldier? IDK! :awesome:

:crymoar::worffacepalm:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm actually more curious as to what Rikku's doing in there.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Didn't you know? Rikku was in ACC. She and Yuffie were sexing each other up on the Sierra while en route to Edge. She stayed on board while Yuffie fought the Shadow Creepers, and Cloud fought Sephiroth.

Smaddy

Green Mage
To be fair, the question that's in reply to is a generic "Who do you think is the hottest Final Fantasy character", not just simply FF7. But yeah, it is kind of random.

Still haven't figured out that guy's name, either. Damn it. :O

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Someone on my forum just posted this:

You know, like how Aerith was an Ancient. Apparently, FFX is the prequel to FFVII, and "The Planet" is actually Spira. In fact, X-2 had hints all over the place, and the Ultimania guide revealed all. Like how mako is the energy of the life stream...

From the Farplane
So he knows about the Ultimanias but.. how did he miss that Spira and the FFVII planet are separate?... and earlier, the weird thing is, he said Aerith was from Spira... WTF?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I saw a post one time where the guy chronologically placed ALL the FF games into a time-line within the game universe, and explained how they were connected. It didn't really work of course, but he had interesting ideas.

Top Bottom