the MOST important thing

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Will we finally get to find out about/use those tissues you get at the gold saucer?

Will the 1/35th soldiers actually have some sort of value/function?

These are things we must know!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I can't stop laughing about this, but really do hope that they can be used for something at the same time.

X :neo:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
There are like 19,419,276,764 things through Final Fantasy that have yet to be explained or serve any sort of function... okay maybe it's closer to like 75 but still! I think the true fun in these things is that they are just gag items. They're red herrings. Like Siegfried in FF6 who only shows up later at the Colliseum.

One of my favorite ones was from FF8, although you end up getting a Phoenix Pinion as well. When the Shumi Tribe guy shows you his hands after the stone fetching mini-quest. It's fun! The enclave of weird FF things doesn't stop there though. How about all the Timber Magazines you can collect. And yes I know you can view them later to learn about Laguna's backstory but still essentially a maguffin.

While I know that these things are unique in that they don't even serve a story function, I find that kind of charming in a way. Maybe I'm just weird. Of course we all know that in the collection of the like 8000 different Aeris revival rumors one of them said to use 4 tissues at the church, but again. Red Herring. Keeps the imagination burning brightly.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
If acquired, Cloud pulls out a tissue and hands it to someone at Aerith's death, which prompts scene two that connects from the Gondola ride, depending on who you rode with. Barret cries and Cloud lets him lean on his shoulder. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Going from another thread talking about changing character outfits.

The underwear you get in Tifa's room. Make it an optional wearable item.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

Orthopedic Underwear!!!

Tifa: Cloud what the hell???

Have we ruled out the possibility that Cloud maybe just... likes to crossdress? Or better yet maybe Zack liked to and he inherited it.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA

What kind of stat boost would you get? +10 dexterity? Or maybe when equipped items become 10% cheaper in shops :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Have we ruled out the possibility that Cloud maybe just... likes to crossdress? Or better yet maybe Zack liked to and he inherited it.

hqdefault.jpg

pVS8deD.jpg

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Will we finally get to find out about/use those tissues you get at the gold saucer?

Will the 1/35th soldiers actually have some sort of value/function?

These are things we must know!

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg! THANK YOU! Exactlyyyyy!!!
(The tissues are for crying).

Novus

Pro Adventurer
Whenever I read about the Tissues I always think of this:

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/role_playing_galore/extra.html

Btw the soldiers appear in Cloud's vacation home so that is one purpose for it.

As far as I can remember though, The Supersweeper and Masamune replicas didn't do anything. I remember someone on a forum told me if you get win enough Masamune blades then Cloud will say "ugh" on the speed square which indicated his old shoulder wound, foreshadowing the lifestream event and giving a clue. But it was really because the ride makes him ill.

There was a funny rumour about the Supersweeper but I'll save that for a new thread.

Btw, does anyone know the original purpose of the tissues?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
They should make a sort of collecting minigame with the 1/35th soldiers in the remake, sort of li8ke the turtle's paradise posters. And then at the end you get something for finding them all, and you get to see them all displayed in a display case in the villa. :D

^And by the way, I've never bought that villa, so I never knew those things got on display there. Thanks Novus!

If the Tissues return, I hope we'll get to view the item model in full so that we can see the connection to the Honey Bee Inn.

oqelwsM.png

Also for anyone curious this is what the tiny 1/35 scale soldiers look like in the FFVII International bonus disc:

Kjbvqgr.png

The items should get some form of use, even if it's only that the player gets a trophy for collecting "All the Useless Items". :lol:

Let's also not forget Super Sweeper, Masamune Blade, Combat Diary, Autograph & Gambler.

I hope we actually get to READ Dio's Combat Diary and his Gambler book, even if only parts of it. There is so much potential here for hilarity and awesomeness.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
THE VILLA

That needs to be more interesting in the remake. I want a full on, sims style subgame where you can buy and arrange furniture and decorate and have people around to visit and ajhjifgndpejvgbpdiuf.

Come to think of it, what the hell happened to that villa? They should have gone to live there in Advent Children. It's a better place to raise kids than fucking Edge, and if they got a change of use permit from the local council they could open a Costa branch of 7th Heaven.

I highly doubt that Cloud and team, in canon, had the money to buy that expensive villa. :awesomonster:

It is a fun thought though to expand on the villa.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
There's a bar right next to it. I'm no business expert but I'd think you'd want more distance from your competitors.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I hope we actually get to READ Dio's Combat Diary and his Gambler book, even if only parts of it. There is so much potential here for hilarity and awesomeness.

If Skyrim can have full-blown novels and series for you to read while playing the game, VII's remake can certainly have Dio's combat diary able to be read. That would be fun! :D

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
^It would be awesome if you could go see it at some point, like in GTA4 when you could go to the comedy club.

Top Bottom