The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

AKA
Fancy
Welcome to TLS Movie Night, where we watch a series of films nominated and voted for by your community on the last Saturday of each month.

Da (Unofficial) Rules
  1. As stated the last Saturday of each month, we will hold a movie night for TLSers.
  2. This "Night" will actually span over the course of ~15 hours, starting from 11:00 UTC - 05:00 UTC the next day (or 12:00 UTC - 06:00 UTC the next day—depends on daylight savings shit) with 45 minutes-to-hour long breaks in between each viewing of a film.
  3. We'll stream the films via rabbit but hold voice chat on the TLS Discord.
    1. Volume is not only easier to control on discord, but you're also given the option to mute certain persons or the whole chat altogether if folks are being rowdy. Please utilise this instead of shushing people.
  4. We host this event on rabb.it. Please, create a rabbit account here if you haven't one already, and be sure to join my Movie Night Group. Hit me up on Discord, and I'll try to arrange a time where you can hop in (because anything I link here will expire, sigh, it's stupid).
  5. During the course of the month leading up to this "Night," we will suggest titles vote using surveys on the 5 to 7 films that we want to set up for that day. I'll post the films and schedule the Saturday prior.
    1. The films with the most votes for the month will be our featured film and will always be played twice.
  6. Featured films and their supporting movies cannot be nominated twice in a row. That is, if Movie A is played in November, then it is disqualified for being nominated as a choice for movie night in December. However, you may nominate the film again in January.
  7. I utilise my Hulu and Netflix subscriptions to get us most of our films on Movie Night, but sometimes the films we want to watch just aren't available there, and, furthermore, sometimes the films can't be found through sketchier means such as a torrent or putlocker and thus we have to purchase the occasional movie. Through the generosity of our community, we've been able to cover every fee that has popped up. You can see the details of these transactions on this sheet, which accounts for how much has been donated, who has donated, what films have been purchased, and what our remaining balance is.
  8. The eighth and most important rule: This event will take place regardless or who can or cannot make it. Too often, these things will be cancelled or will be scrapped altogether because we try to accommodate everyone. My goal is for this to be something that we can all always count on.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Lemme know in the thread below :wacky:

LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN Y'ALL!!

Last edited:
AKA
Fancy
MAY MOVIE NIGHT

March's Movie Night will be happening on 25 May and our voted theme is Animation!!

Schedule (UTC)
  • 10:30 - 11:00: Pre-Show: Fancy Wakes Up
  • 11:00 - 13:15: Princess Mononoke
  • 13:15 - 14:00: 45 Minute Long Intermission
  • 14:00 - 16:15: Lord of the Rings (1978)
  • 16:15 - 17:00: 45 Minute Long Intermission
  • 17:00 - 19:00: Jumanji
  • 19:00 - 19:45: 45 Minute Long Intermission
  • 19:45 - 22:00: Princess Mononoke
  • 22:00 - 22:30: 30 Minute Long Intermission
  • 22:30 - 00:30: Hugo
  • 00:30 - 01:00: 30 Minute Long Intermission
  • 01:15 - 03:45: The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
  • 03:45: After-Show: Fancy Goes to Bed

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Internet Ghost
AKA
Mister Spooks.
Halloween, Creepshow, Trick R Treat and Cabin in the Woods are musts.

Also I'm sure someone can sign up for Shudder for a free trial (I already used mine up) and get a lot of horror options in one package for the single night.

AKA
Fancy
^no such thing as a wrong answer in these parts!!!!! Indeed, I've been waiting for someone to suggest something like 'It's a Wonderful Life.' :wacky:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
@CrashOuch Is a really old movie that people watch every Christmas in America, also is really good.

I approve of this idea and has a much better system in place than what we had before. I also have Rabbit and have been using it recently to stream Avatar: The Last Airbender for Roger and specially Sara and Cacti that had never seen it.

My choices from the list:

• Beetlejuice
  • The Nightmare before Christmas (this one is a must)

As I don't like scary movies I'm also going to suggest some Disney ones

Suggestions:

• Halloweentown
  • Twitches
  • Hocus Pocus

AKA
Fancy
I approve of this idea and has a much better system in place than what we had before. I also have Rabbit and have been using it recently to stream Avatar: The Last Airbender for Roger and specially Sara and Cacti that had never seen it.
I appreciate this vote of confidence and OMGGGGGGGG THEY AIN'T EVER SEEN IT?? As the older ladies of the Deep South would say, 'Ya doing the Lawd's werk, chile. Praise be." :kermit:

Hold on to that vote! I'mma whip up that survey next week (SO I TELL MYSELF, I'M SO HYPED, I WANNA DO IT NOOOOW).

CrashOuch

Wide and Slow
AKA
Sara
rabbit is being annoying like, it lets me see your room, Fancy, so it knows you real, but when I search you it's all 'nope. not here.' like a LIAR

Also, no, I have to watch christmas films from September here already, I'm not watching christmas films with y'all during spoop season, even if it's old and American. Don't care. I also don't like scawy films but I'm ready for this cos it sounds sick and like right good time.

AKA
Fancy

@CrashOuch Soooo fucking weird, Tel was having trouble adding me to his friends list, too, earlier. I just messed around the my settings so hopefully I'm easier to find now? *shakes fists*

@Ghost X Sent you a request!

LOOOL YEAH Y'ALL TBH i fucking hate scary films, too, kinda??? but i like to watch this kinda shit with my friends bc then it just becomes funny :wacky:. So I very much look forward to October's movie night. :lol:

AKA
Fancy
This makes me wonder like... when would be the best time to show the 'hot pick' films like Cabin in the Woods :wacky:

Do I start off with 5th place? Do I put the most popular in the middle?? End strong with the top pick?? Gotta gauge these traffic times, y'all.

ChipNoir

Internet Ghost
AKA
Mister Spooks.
Misread. Reedit.

I think perhaps maybe we should have a core set of winners, and play each movie twice so there's a better chance people from different time zones can catch the movie?

AKA
Fancy
HMMM!!! I was thinking that if we had extra time to fill, we'd replay the favourites, but I am liking the idea of having fewer films but double viewings...? HMMMM

Top Bottom