• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Welcome to TLS Movie Night, where we watch a series of films nominated and voted for by your community on the last Saturday of each month.

Da (Unofficial) Rules
  1. At the start of a 'movie night month' (typically the months with major holidays), we'll take about a week to a fortnight to gather nominations.
  2. Afterwards, these noms will be listed in a survey, which we vote on to determine our top 5 films. The number 1 film will be shown twice.
  3. In order to participate on the day of 'Movie Night,' you need an account on Discord and join The Lifestream Social.
  4. At the time of the event, all you need to do is hop into the voice chat and join the live stream.
  5. If someone on the voice call is too loud and/or annoying to you, you can just mute them. If everyone is too loud for them, you can mute your headphones! That's the beauty of discord.
LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN Y'ALL!!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
534704778802888704.gif
DECEMBER MOVIE NIGHT
534704778802888704.gif
Schedule (UTC)
  • 11:30 - 12:00: Pre-Show: Fancy wakes up I guess.
  • 12:00 - 14:00: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
  • 14:00 - 14:45: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jack)
  • 14:45 - 16:45: Advent Children Complete
  • 16:45 - 17:30: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jack)
  • 17:30 - 19:15: Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within
  • 19:15 - 20:00: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jack)
  • 20:00 - 22:00: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
  • 22:00 - 22:30: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 22:30 - 00:15: A Scanner Darkly
  • 00:15 - 00:45: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 00:45 - 02:45: Scott Pilgrim vs The World
  • 02:45 - ??:?? IDK Maybe I'll be up to do more shit!! People's choice.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
The Babadook (FIGHT ME)
It Follows
Beetlejuice
Edward Scissorhands
The Nightmare before Christmas
The Corpse Bride
Mama
The Orphanage

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Halloween, Creepshow, Trick R Treat and Cabin in the Woods are musts.

Also I'm sure someone can sign up for Shudder for a free trial (I already used mine up) and get a lot of horror options in one package for the single night.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^no such thing as a wrong answer in these parts!!!!! Indeed, I've been waiting for someone to suggest something like 'It's a Wonderful Life.' :wacky:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
@CrashOuch Is a really old movie that people watch every Christmas in America, also is really good.

I approve of this idea and has a much better system in place than what we had before. I also have Rabbit and have been using it recently to stream Avatar: The Last Airbender for Roger and specially Sara and Cacti that had never seen it.

My choices from the list:

• Beetlejuice
  • The Nightmare before Christmas (this one is a must)

As I don't like scary movies I'm also going to suggest some Disney ones

Suggestions:

• Halloweentown
  • Twitches
  • Hocus Pocus

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
I approve of this idea and has a much better system in place than what we had before. I also have Rabbit and have been using it recently to stream Avatar: The Last Airbender for Roger and specially Sara and Cacti that had never seen it.

I appreciate this vote of confidence and OMGGGGGGGG THEY AIN'T EVER SEEN IT?? As the older ladies of the Deep South would say, 'Ya doing the Lawd's werk, chile. Praise be." :kermit:

Hold on to that vote! I'mma whip up that survey next week (SO I TELL MYSELF, I'M SO HYPED, I WANNA DO IT NOOOOW).

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
rabbit is being annoying like, it lets me see your room, Fancy, so it knows you real, but when I search you it's all 'nope. not here.' like a LIAR

Also, no, I have to watch christmas films from September here already, I'm not watching christmas films with y'all during spoop season, even if it's old and American. Don't care. I also don't like scawy films but I'm ready for this cos it sounds sick and like right good time.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
tenor.gif

@CrashOuch Soooo fucking weird, Tel was having trouble adding me to his friends list, too, earlier. I just messed around the my settings so hopefully I'm easier to find now? *shakes fists*

@Ghost X Sent you a request!

LOOOL YEAH Y'ALL TBH i fucking hate scary films, too, kinda??? but i like to watch this kinda shit with my friends bc then it just becomes funny :wacky:. So I very much look forward to October's movie night. :lol:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Throwing my oar in for Cabin in the Woods like others have suggested. I am so down for that.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
This makes me wonder like... when would be the best time to show the 'hot pick' films like Cabin in the Woods :wacky:

Do I start off with 5th place? Do I put the most popular in the middle?? End strong with the top pick?? Gotta gauge these traffic times, y'all.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Misread. Reedit.

I think perhaps maybe we should have a core set of winners, and play each movie twice so there's a better chance people from different time zones can catch the movie?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
HMMM!!! I was thinking that if we had extra time to fill, we'd replay the favourites, but I am liking the idea of having fewer films but double viewings...? HMMMM

Top Bottom