• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Suggestion:

196472.jpg

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Adding:

Blair Witch Project
REC (Spanish Version)
Shutter (Thai film)
Tale of Two Sisters (Korean)
The Boy
R-Point
The Wailing (Korean)

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
^:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The Korean film I was trying to remember was 'The Wailing'

Also adding 'Train to Busan' to the list cuz i've heard nothing but good things about that film. :reptar:

Ghost X

There's a korean film (may have been japanese, but pretty sure it was korean) where people would die if they heard a ring sound, and it was really intense (according to my memory at least). Forgot name of it.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
damn, i hope you remember the title of it soon cuz that sounds great. i'm googling it now XD

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Is that the film where the woman starts smashing her face against the partition thing in a taxi? Like, they'd all been brainwashed/had something put in their heads/something that when they heard a certain something they wouldn't stop until they'd killed themselves?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
It's the 13th in Australia right now. :mon:

Here's the survey! Pick as many films that you'd like. I encourage you to pick your favourites as well as the ones you haven't seen but are genuinely interested in seeing. I added film descriptions (most lifted straight from IMBD lmao) to help with the decision making. Thanks!

Also, yes, because the survey is happening now, I'm no longer taking suggestions. :monster:

We're utilising the HONOUR SYSTEM here. That is, I can't keep track of who is taking the survey nor will I know if you've taken the survey multiple times, but I'll TRUST that you all just take the damned thing once. :monster2:

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
whoop whoop, thanks to everyone who has voted so far.
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 7.50.47 PM.png

I'm actually not sure what the fook the theme for November should be, so I was hoping you lot could help me out by making MOAR SUGGESTIONS :monster:

Thanks to a little chit chat with @Ghost X, 'Surrealism' and 'Black Comedy' will definitely be on the list. Please, feel free to go wild suggesting moar. We will then hold a little survey for that as well (this idea is also thanks to Ghost :mon:).

I AM SO EXCITED EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Thought of some more themes. :wacky: I'm trying to keep things just broad enough so that a lot of films can bleed over:

Historical Dramas
Sci-Fi
Gangster Shite
Fantasy (High and Low)
Film Noir
Musicals
Indie Films
Bad Movies
Cult Classics
High Brow (Oscar Winners)
Hero Films
Freebie (NO THEME)

Then I was thinking we could even do films by continent, to get even MORE vague and adventurous with the possibilities :megusta:. So:

Asian Sensation**
AfriCAN
North A-Murican
Sudamerica (América do Sul)
Yuropeen
'Strayan

**I KNOW FOLKS HAVE A TENDENCY TO JUST THINK OF EAST ASIA, SPECIFICALLY CHINA, JAPAN, AND KOREA, BUT THERE ARE OTHER ASIAN COUNTRIES TO CONSIDER FROM THE FAR EAST, OH, AND LET'S NOT FORGET INDIA AND HER NEIGHBOURS, TOO

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is this the french one or the american remake?

There's a korean film (may have been japanese, but pretty sure it was korean) where people would die if they heard a ring sound, and it was really intense (according to my memory at least). Forgot name of it.
i feel like i know this film but i cannot remember a title. i maybe want to say 'phone (2002)' but idk. did it include cellphone ringing and beethoven's 'moonlight sonata'?

edit; okay i looked at the survey and martyrs is the french one. also, when i saw 'the collector' i thought we were talking about 1965 film will terrance stamp.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Headsup, I'm gonna be closing the survey in about 24 hours, in case there were any other folks who wanted to vote. :monster:

These are are latest results.
Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 5.16.39 PM.png

Closing this tomorrow shall give me ample time to like... figure out the schedule and what I need to do to get these films playing on the 27th between work and other obligations so that I can poast that schedule on time on the 20th. So excited!

Top Bottom