• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Official TLS Movie Night Thread

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
SURVEY FOR NOVEMBER'S FILMS!! Pick your faves of the bunch and the top five (or six!) will be shown on the 30th of November.

Oh, and one other thing...

For December movie night, I'm going to be travelling on the last Saturday that month, so it'll be held on the 21st instead (the Saturday before) and because it's the last movie night of the year, we'll have a 'Game Night' the very next day!! We'll likely do the usual shit (Jackbox) as that's easiest, but I'm always up for suggestions :awesome:

So, with that in mind, go ahead and om nom nom for December's movie night after picking November's. The theme, obvs, is Holiday/Christmas vibes but as usual I'll pretty much put anything that gets suggested in the survey :wacky:

arigato!!!

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
omg.

So, we had three clear winners with a four-way tie between Millennium Actress, Airplane! A Clockwork Orange, and Tremors.

Imma do somethin' crazy and try to squeeze in all 7 (technically 8??? i guess??) onto the schedule I reckon. lmao. So this is what it would look like!!

Schedule (UTC)
  • 10:30 - 11:00: Pre-Show: Fancy wakes up I guess.
  • 11:00 - 12:45: Advent Children
  • 12:45 - 13:30: 45 Minute Intermission
  • 13:30 - 15:00: Millennium Actress
  • 15:00 - 15:45: 45 Minute Intermission
  • 15:45 - 17:15: Airplane!
  • 17:15 - 18:00: 45 Minute Intermission
  • 18:00 - 20:15: A Clockwork Orange
  • 20:15 - 21:00: 45 Minute Intermission
  • 21:00 - 23:00: Advent Children Complete
  • 23:00 - 23:30: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 23:30 - 01:30: Arrival
  • 01:30 - 02:00: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 02:00 - 03:45: Robin Hood, Men in Tights
  • 03:45 - 04:15: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 04:15 - 05:45: Tremors
  • 05:45: Fancy Goes to Bed
I'm hyped af personally!! Tremors gave me nightmares as a child but I'm gonna face my fears. Will let you know if anything changes between now and next week!!!

image3.gif

Last edited:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, I guess I'll start the nominations for December's movie night:

Home Alone
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Die Hard
Gremlins

So fancy, are you cured of your fear of Tremors now? ;)

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
LOL!! yeah, I'm so glad that I faced my fears!!! Really enjoyed it.

oh yeah fuck omg yeah folks nominate now because we're gonna have to vote next week and watch shit the week after lol!!!

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
-An episode of Frozen Planet.
-Rent: Live on Broadway Recording
-Babe

Jairus

Fancy, I noticed that two of the movies I nominated, Christmas Vacation and Gremlins, aren't on the survey? Does the service we use for movie night not have them?

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Fancy, I noticed that two of the movies I nominated, Christmas Vacation and Gremlins, aren't on the survey? Does the service we use for movie night not have them?

ermergerd, I must've overlooked them! I'll make an additional survey to tack on to this original post and folks can open that up if they'd like either of those films.

bonus movie night survey

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
OKAY FINALLY GOT DIS SHIT SET UP
534704778802888704.gif
DECEMBER MOVIE NIGHT
534704778802888704.gif
Schedule (UTC)
  • 11:30 - 12:00: Pre-Show: Fancy wakes up I guess.
  • 12:00 - 14:00: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
  • 14:00 - 14:45: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jackbox)
  • 14:45 - 16:45: Advent Children Complete
  • 16:45 - 17:30: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jackbox)
  • 17:30 - 19:15: Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within
  • 19:15 - 20:00: 45 Minute Intermission (Relaxing with Jackbox)
  • 20:00 - 22:00: Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse
  • 22:00 - 22:30: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 22:30 - 00:15: A Scanner Darkly
  • 00:15 - 00:45: 30 Minute Intermission
  • 00:45 - 02:45: Scott Pilgrim vs The World
  • 02:45 - ??:?? IDK Maybe I'll be up to do more shit!! People's choice.
That's on the 21st!! Remember!!

You'll notice that this event is starting a little later than usual (a whole hour, to be exact), and possibly earlier than norma. But that's because the day after we gonna play some gaaaaaaaaames and I'll be hanging out on VC most of the day where you can ask each other personal questions about your lives. Yay!!

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I wanna see the new Spider Man universe and A Scanner Darkly. :D

@Animexcel I haven’t seen those other films, but I love Edge of Tomorrow and second the om nom nomination for Jan. Good time travel/loop stories have always been one of my favorite sub genres.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
@Ryvius Same here. Each of the movies have their own spin to it and I found them pretty enjoyable.

Seeing Scott Pilgrim in the lineup, if anyone wants to see Michael Cera in his first role, it was Frequency :) He was around 11 or 12 at the time.

Jairus

Oh ok, np. Just wondering, hadn't seen anything about it so I didn't know. I hope she's doing alright.

Top Bottom