The Official "Where will Rebirth end?" Thread

Where do you think Rebirth will end?

• At Junon! I'm serious!

• Nibelheim to Nibelheim, the perfect bookends. A real Nibelheim sandwich!

• Temple of the Ancients. Can't ask for a better final dungeon

• The Forgotten City, because you know......

• Northern Crater. It's far away, but too good to pass up

• The Weapon attack on Junon, the Highwind takes to the skies!

• Even further. You're going to need to explain this one...

• Unknown, the story will go so far off the rails by then

Results are only viewable after voting.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
I used to laugh when people suggested the Northern Crater, but now that they have announced that there are only two parts left....and seeing how the teaser focused so much on fact and fiction/Cloud's memory issue, it really does feel like that would be the best stopping place. The problem being that there is a LOT to cover in P2 if that is the case, unless they are moving certain things to P3. Ending with Cloud in that lost, hopeless state, with the truth of his identity revealed (which in turn is the perfect chance for Zack to step in) is too fitting.

I do wish we could ban the constant references to ESB, it is already feeling overwhelming now, and will only increase I'm sure XD But I get why it's used, and it makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kitase had it in mind when he was talking about sequels.

Rydeen

Marty McFlyin’
Not sure if I like this Northern Crater idea. I feel like this would have the opposite problem of part 1 (which I feel dragged on a bit since the side-quests were mostly crap imho) - operating under the assumption that they want to add more content (the OG accomplished it just fine, after all). I do think it's possible it may go off the rails, though.
The destiny stuff and Zack being alive is a big deal that I'm imagining will greatly effect the plot.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Rebirth should definitely feel like a tighter experience compared to Remake.

I've repeated this comparison, but it should 100% feel as dense and complete like a full on FF mainline game. Like FFXV. It should 100% be a full, wide ranging adventure that includes recruiting multiple party members, seeing different locations, and working towards the end game.

It should be able to balance that just fine since it's not going to be open worlded and instead utilize zones to appropriately transition from one location to another, alongside it being chapter based. Going from Kalm to the Northern Crater is 1000% possible. Especially within the scope of Disc 1 to Disc 2.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Of course it's possible. I think people are just saying it's A LOT. And I agree. But also remember, they've probably spent more time actively working on this part than Midgar. It's not only possible, but highly probably. And even more desirable.

But her memory powers (at least visions of the future?) are now gone with the Whispers being gone, right?
Nothing in Remake suggests to be the case. And even if it did happen, Marlene and Red XIII would have memories Aerith lost. Which is why that theory is silly.

Besides, if Vincent and Aerith don't meet, then there's going to be some upset I Know What's Beneath the Snow Fields fans out there.
I don't know what this is... but I want to.

I’m going with my boy Max on this. He’s convinced me. I think the ending cinematic for Part 2 will be Tifa and Barret in Junon about to be executed.
This was the first theory from back when it was revealed the game would be multiple parts. I am happy to see Max is in agreement. It does, however, leave us asking about Zack's role if he is indeed alive. Does he just allow himself to get captured after he's proven he can fight off dozens of soldiers already? What's the deal there?

I do wish we could ban the constant references to ESB, it is already feeling overwhelming now, and will only increase I'm sure XD But I get why it's used, and it makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kitase had it in mind when he was talking about sequels.
What else would he have been talking about?

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I think there’s a lot of discussion that might have covered this already, but I figure I’ll just post what I was thinking :P

The Northern Crater (the first time you visit it) seems like a perfect place to cut the game off. Cloud’s fallen into the lifestream, his self-image has been shattered, the party’s lost the black Materia, Sephiroth begins reforming his body to ascend to godhood… (perhaps where the “rebirth” title comes into play?) It sets up a good cliffhanger and suspenseful place to pick up when Part 3 starts. Starting out part 3 with the attack on Junon is also quite exciting and is a good tone shift between the parts.

But like, given the whole changes in the game narrative we expect, how would the original events unfold if some key things change?

Fryguy07

Rookie Adventurer
Well, i think youre all wrong because honestly, I dont think this game is going in any direction we've ever seen...I think remake was about as close to the originals storyline as it will get. Now its time to go completely off the rails! That's just my opinion though. Of course they will encounter these same locations, but in A different order and under different circumstances I believe. I mean, you heard aeriths warning in the trailer. Be prepared for everything to be completely differ and don't be mad lol

AKA
Minato
Well, i think youre all wrong because honestly, I dont think this game is going in any direction we've ever seen...I think remake was about as close to the originals storyline as it will get. Now its time to go completely off the rails! That's just my opinion though. Of course they will encounter these same locations, but in A different order and under different circumstances I believe. I mean, you heard aeriths warning in the trailer. Be prepared for everything to be completely differ and don't be mad lol
The novel a tale of two pasts tells us that the crew is at least gonna get to Junon, use Shinra infantryman and sailor uniforms to smuggle onto to a ferry to Costa Del Sol. From there how different can the order be? Corel is the next closest thing geographically, Red wants to go home, Vincent is waiting in a coffin a Nibelheim beyond Cosmo Canyon and on the other side of the Nibel mountain we got Cid. We aren't gonna miss those guys. The logo hasn't changed, we still need to pick up the Black Materia and deliver it to Sephiroth in the Northern Crater. Gongaga will have new relevance given the Zack situation but the order isn't all that flexible.

Fryguy07

Rookie Adventurer
The novel a tale of two pasts tells us that the crew is at least gonna get to Junon, use Shinra infantryman and sailor uniforms to smuggle onto to a ferry to Costa Del Sol. From there how different can the order be? Corel is the next closest thing geographically, Red wants to go home, Vincent is waiting in a coffin a Nibelheim beyond Cosmo Canyon and on the other side of the Nibel mountain we got Cid. We aren't gonna miss those guys. The logo hasn't changed, we still need to pick up the Black Materia and deliver it to Sephiroth in the Northern Crater. Gongaga will have new relevance given the Zack situation but the order isn't all that flexible.
Ehhh...idk, maybe you're right but I get the jist that we are getting a totally new adventure. With a completely different ending. This is a parallel universe from the original and anything is possible.

Golden Ear

Pro Adventurer
AKA
M. Prod
They could potential move when we visit Gongaga for example. Most of the time we got there after we get the Buggy from the Chocobo races in the Gold saucer and before we get to Cosmo Canyon. Since Rebirth is suggesting the potential for more Zack content, placing Gongaga before Nibelheim could act as a preliminary to the Zack mystery that could get further expanded upon for Cloud and Party in Nibelheim and the Nibel Reactor. There might be some Zack clues there that might be hinted at even more so than the OG.

I've also considered that we don't fully go to Gongaga until after the Temple of the Ancients when Cloud wakes up in a bed with Tifa and Barret asking him what the deal is with his psychotic episode. However, the only real benefit of them doing something like this is so we are able to get Vincent and Cid in our Party sooner and thus get their gameplay. Cid in Rocket town is already past halfway through the journey presumably so the sooner we get there the better, but then again it might not be that much of an issue.

I would say the eastern continent has the best chances of lining up just like the OG in terms of location order, but the Western continent can change up the order slightly to accommodate pacing of story and gameplay.

Top Bottom