The Orville

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So I just binge watched the first 5 episodes on the Fox website where they are all apparently up for free (in the US at least) with ads.

And I gotta say I think it's an excellent show.

I don't particularly care for Seth Mcfarlanes shows and movies all that much. Family Guy might get a chuckle out of me, American Dad might be fun to watch here and there.. etc. but that's it.

The Orville on the other hand. It's still a comedy but they don't slam you with jokes as much as his other shows do and the ones they do use make sense with the characters who use them, and others while still being jokes come off also as reasonable work place scenarios as well.. that happen to take place on the bridge of a Space Ship.

The jokes aside they play it really straight. This is a space exploration show just like Star Trek and they go through all the themes you would expect out of a show like that. Cultural politics between alien species interacting on a space ship, classic Sci-fi concepts and scenarios , legitimately good CGI work for a show on Fox all sprinkled with reasonable and not overbearing jokes in there.

It's honestly the best "Star Trek" show on TV right now and probably in the last few years as well. Give it a shot, it's excellent.

https://www.fox.com/the-orville/?cm...:src=google::cmp=the-orville::add=the_orville

edit:

Reread my post and for some reason I kept calleding Fox, CBS :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom