• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The plan!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It depends, wouldn't the Twitter contacts be limited to a specific character limit? (I have one, but I've essentially never used it, so i'm blissfully unaware of how this'd work). I can try to think of some ideas if I've got the context to work within, especially since I tend to be VERY tr;dr.

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
140 characters, yeah. If the message to them was translated into Japanese you might be able to say a bit more, or you could direct them to a page elsewhere without the limit?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
140 characters, yeah. If the message to them was translated into Japanese you might be able to say a bit more, or you could direct them to a page elsewhere without the limit?

With that in mind, should we create a page on TLS that's not accessible anywhere aside from a direct link that's got a full summary of our intentions at length, along with the sites involved, and contact data (both in Japanese & English)? Then just provide them with a short summary & a tiny link to said page?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sounds like the way to go, if you ask me. Maybe a message like "Please read this request from your overseas fans" along with the link. Like hito said, written in Japanese, you'll get more mileage out of your character limit, and could probably fit both that message and the url in.

R51

SE Affiliated Site Admin
I know one of the founders of the FF Wiki, as he was a long-standing member at CoN, but I'm not sure if he's really involved over there any more. Shame they never brought FFGurus back - I even offered to help them manage a transition and keep some semblance of their site alive, and I was turned down. I still have contact with a couple guys who ran that site at different times, but it wouldn't do any good now.

With regards to a batch news post, I would tentatively sign on board for that. It might be tough for me to schedule a concurrent time to post it, and I think I'd want the freedom to modify the output somewhat better suit the tone of my own site. :)

I look forward to seeing a draft if anyone's fully on board to write it!

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Not sure I'm supposed to have access to this section as I've noticed none of the regular members have posted here. But, before you remove or address my permission issues, I would like to contribute a post. Although I'm no longer an SMod here, I still give a damn about the well being of this site and it's direction. :monster:

initiate something like a "Speak Up towards SE" type post across all of our sites frontpages.
I noticed this suggestion on the first page. I think this is vital to the cause. Making a permanent post on our frontpages as suggested will allow any SE sites or organizations that we may not be aware of a chance to join and contribute to the collective effort.

I've also noticed the desire to get in touch with actual SE employees. You guys should also make a substantial effort to contact large western gaming organizations like IGN, 1Up, and GameSpot. You should also make larger efforts to contact gaming magazines and their editors/writers as they're usually the ones getting the interviews. EDGE Magazine, Game Informer, hell even you can even contact the official console magazines. If we can get an article written about this, news about our efforts will spread like wild fire.

You should also use social networking. Set up a Facebook page or a twitter page dedicated to the cause. This will allow individual fans to show their support. I know keeping those pages updated is a hassle, but considering the amount of people involved in this, there has do be one person that is capable and willing. :monster:

I have to run off and go to bed now as I am considerably tired. :wacky: If I think of anything else, I'll relay those ideas to one of you if my permissions are removed.

Good day, and good luck fellas. :monster:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, I've been inundating myself with little projects lately, and haven't been posting much in here. Updates if anyone's tried reaching out to any locations?

If I can find some time, I'll write up a draft for a multi-site news post, unless someone else has some time to devote to putting a draft together. I'll try to remember to do it this week if not.

At any rate, if anyone else would attempt to reach out to any new sources, it'd be much appreciated.

The Dreaded Paw

Square Anthology Rep.
AKA
Paw
Hey, sorry for my disappearance! School's been rather busy of late and I entirely forgot about this effort for a while. It looks like progress is slow here though. I apologize I haven't been of much help. I'm guessing what's been sent to anybody has not been responded to?
Anyway, school's only getting crazier, so I'll be effectively gone from here probably until my summer break begins. However, if you all decide to go through with ideas such as simultaneous posts on our respective sights, just give me a holler over at http://squareanthology.com/forums/member.php?31-The-Dreaded-Paw (since X-Soldier already has an account there, he might be best.)
Now that I've remembered, though, I'll go back to thinking about this.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
I suspect this will pick up during the summer. April - June is usually a hectic time for students, which most of us are. I'm about to graduate from college in June. So, hopefully people will have more free time to work on this after the school year ends.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This would be a good idea if people can manage not to be lazy this time around.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Someone else'll have to spearhead re-contacting the other sites, cause I'm a bit preoccupied with starting school/life/stress, but I'm up for helping when I can if we want to give this another go.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The only way it'll work if said person follows through with it. All of it. That can be his one sole project for TLS for the time being if need be.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I don't know if I have the initiative to work on contacting people myself right now. Other things for this project I might be able to manage.

Top Bottom