• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Promised Neverland

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Is anyone else reading this? is anyone up to the most recent chapter?

Or watching the anime?
...No? Just Me? Okay. :sadpanda:

So, from the back of Volume 1:

Emma, Norman and Ray are the brightest kids at the Grace Field House orphanage. And under the care of the woman they refer to as "Mom", all the kids have enjoyed a comfortable life. Good food, clean clothes and the perfect enviroment to learn-- what more could an orphan ask for? One day, though, Emma and Norman uncover the dark truth of the outside world they are forbidden from seeing.

They find out that their orphanage is a farm run by demons, and all children are being raised for slaughter, and basically start planning a jailbreak.

The manga is a 2 person team: the writer is Shirai Kaiu and the art is by Demizu Posuka, and the anime adaptation is done by Studio Cloverworks.
YMMV on whether you should start with the anime or the manga -- I prefer the manga cause the anime has been cutting out a lot of the inner monologues, so there's quite a bit the audience is missing out on but I'm guessing (hoping) it's a style choice.

My dudes. I rarely recommend a series but when I do, I think it's because I really think it's worth it. The art is great, the story is solid and I want to adopt all the kids for myself. :monster:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I've read the manga since its initial release, really enjoyed it up until the last ten chapters or so
really do not like the William Minerva reveal

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
To be honest, I think the William Minerva reveal was surprisingly easy to see coming a mile away.
I think someone on tumblr might have called it ever since Project Lambda was revealed, but I'm having a hard time finding the post.

But I do like the idea of Emma + Ray VS "William Minerva"...so long as Emma doesn't fall down into the stereotypical shounen trap of "but you're wrong and I'm right" and talk no jutsu her way to a happy ending.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
From the first reveal that Norman was alive I knew he was gonna end up being a roadblock in Emma's way. Tbh after seeing him in the facility where they were creating abnormal humans I was actually thinking that the writers were gonna make Norman into some sort of human hybrid for some grander purpose. That said this whole "suddenly your in a safe place and no-one can hurt you here" thing is just annoying me.
I mean they were living underground in the middle of nowhere and actively hiding their presence from the enemy and we're still tracked down whereas Norman's group are actively killing and are practically invisible.....gimme a break.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
(Watched the first episode a week or so ago upon recommendation, and wanting to find enough time to properly devote to diving into this)

X :neo:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
From the first reveal that Norman was alive I knew he was gonna end up being a roadblock in Emma's way. Tbh after seeing him in the facility where they were creating abnormal humans I was actually thinking that the writers were gonna make Norman into some sort of human hybrid for some grander purpose. That said this whole "suddenly your in a safe place and no-one can hurt you here" thing is just annoying me.
I mean they were living underground in the middle of nowhere and actively hiding their presence from the enemy and we're still tracked down whereas Norman's group are actively killing and are practically invisible.....gimme a break.
To be fair, I think that hidden village has only been around for less than 6 months, and I get the feeling that at some point it's not going to stay hidden any longer. With Norman's declaration that this war will be won without sacrificing any cattle children and with this post on tumblr analyzing a few things about a certain missing character has me anticipating a shitstorm about to happen.

Also, with this week's episode with Krone's death has me breathing a sigh of relief that they finally got some inner monologue going on, and I see why they went with this style choice: it really made her death stand out and jesus it's going to break my heart next episode with Norman.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Promised Neverland manga will end this sunday on Chapter 181, this would be my first manga ending that I've been reading since its day 1.

In other news, TPN will get a live adaptation produced by Amazon.

Hit Japanese manga Promised Neverland is being adapted into a live-action series for Amazon by Heroes’ Masi Oka, Spider-Man: Into The Spiderverse writer and director Rodney Rothman and Vertigo Entertainment.

Fox 21 and Amazon Studios are producing the English-language adaptation with Rothman set to direct and exec produce, with Oka, Roy Lee and Miri Yoon of Vertigo also EPs. Meghan Malloy (Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse) will write the pilot.

Top Bottom