The Secret World of Arrietty

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie

Heard it did pretty good over in Japan. Anyone else planning on watching this movie?

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
LOL I've seen this one. I think this was released a year ago. It has its boring moments but it's still enjoyable. The animation is pretty smooth. I like it.

If you're curious, I watched it some time ago in otaku-streamers. Not sure if it's still there though. But you first need to have an account for you to stream.

Edit: Oops, I forgot to say that the Japanese title's "Karigurashi no Arrietty". Thought I'd disclose that for easy search purposes in case some of you will decide to watch. :)

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I watched it some time ago and I really liked it. Apparently, it's based on the book series "The Borrowers" which makes me wonder if Ghibli would be making a sequel later on.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
It's kinda boring, or, better phrased, really slow. I was watching the TV series of the borrowers a lot when I was little and the film took me back.

It was released a year ago. Funny how the US gets it so later...

Catherine

coquettish cat
AKA
Itsuki, Vanille, Meruru, Catherine.
I watched this film a couple months ago when it came out here and I loved it A LOT. It's one of the sweetest movies Studio Ghibli's ever done imo. I'm also really thankful because the OST made me discover Cécile Corbel, who's now one of my favourite artists <3

Definitely getting this in blu-ray in the future.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's kinda boring, or, better phrased, really slow. I was watching the TV series of the borrowers a lot when I was little and the film took me back.

It was released a year ago. Funny how the US gets it so later...

Blame Disney. They've got the release rights to Ghibli.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Disney spends a long ass time getting celebrities to voice Ghibli movies, and in the case of Ponyo, even wrote new songs to appeal to the Disney Channel tween crowd.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Oh, sweet. It is finally getting released in the States. I always love watching Studio Ghibli films. And the film looks really cool.

I really wish Disney would eventually release Only Yesterday and not be so scared of releasing films that contain mature and Deep content.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Mature and deep content I think they can do these days...

It's just mature and deep content that is animated that I don't know if they will want to do. :/

Top Bottom