The Shannara Chronicles

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Oh my glob... MTV is taking a script to series version of The Elfstones of Shannara, the second book in The Shannara Trilogy (preceded by Sword and followed by Wishsong). I mean, they obviously couldn't start with The Sword of Shannara because it was a quite obvious rip of LOTR, but depending on what you read first (personally never having read LOTR), you wouldn't know which came first. :monster:

For those unfamiliar, Elfstones follows a trio of teenagers on a journey to find a sacred spot of land where they can create a new Ellcrys, a sacred tree that keeps demons out of the Four Lands. The existing Ellcrys is dying, so on the flipside of the story, demons are beginning to pour in, and the Elven Army has to fight to keep the Four Lands safe and buy the heroes some time.

But look! How pretty!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I saw it a while back and thought it looked visually stunning. MTV have impressed with Teen Wolf for the past five or so years now, so I'll give this one a shot.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The visuals are pretty, buuuut I'm sure it'll be as bad as Eragon and aimed at teenagers. I actually have the books, never read them and I'm about to bring them to the charity shop, :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Looks great, will definitely watch. May start reading and become a massive bookpurist by January, as you do.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Wow, that does look amazing. I'm excited for that, I'll definitely have to watch it! If only just because John Rhys-Davies is in it. GIMLI
I've never read the books or heard of them btw, so now I may have to go out and find them and read them.
Yop you can give me your copies. :monster:

(And also Eragon movie sucked big time, so if this is like that, then......there goes my excitement. :monster:)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Nothing can be as bad as Eragon. Shannara will blow it out of the water. :monster:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Oh my god! I only heard about this yesterday. I actually haven't read the original trilogy but I've read two out of four books from the Shannara Heritage series and I really loved those books. I should really try to get the original trilogy from somewhere and read it during Christmas.

The series will premiere on 6th of January on HBO.

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
On the MTV website it says that it will start on 5th of January so I guess it's additionally on HBO too. Or at least on HBONordic that is.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
About 9" tall, 3" thick?

6248b3b8c081390666457d867208fd3e.jpg

:monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

(This came up as a YouTube ad for me. Thank the dark gods Google knows me so well). xD

X :neo:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Is it playing on tv now? I've been curious about this and want to give it a watch to see if it's any good!

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It is! That's why they tossed the first two episodes up online. Episode 3 airs Tuesday, unless you wanna hax and watch 3&4 online first.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
And it's playing on MTV right? I need to record this thing! *dashes off* Thanks for the heads-up! :loveglomp:

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
I watched the first two episodes a few days ago. It's not mind blowing, but it is interesting and I'm interested to see where it will develope. I haven't had the time to read the book yet because I'm still reading the Sword of Shannara, so I can't compare the book and the series, but hopefully it won't take me forever to read the books. ^^'

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm quite enjoying it so far. Contemplating waiting for the next two episodes or hunting them down on MTV's site. They're doing one hell of a job with their production.

Lex

Administrator
I am half a season in to this and I have one thing to say.

hello daddy druid <3

(&#4326;&#728;&#8995;&#728;&#4326;)

Top Bottom