The smell of mako

In your imagination, what does mako smell like? What does it taste like?
I'm interested to see whether there turns out to be a consensus or whether we all imagine something different.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Ass and frothy vaginal discharge.

inb4close.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
But seriously, what I originally said wasn't a joke post. I imagine this topic was spurned by Sephiroth's comment in Nibelhiem, "The Mako smell is really bad here."

I imagine Mako energy, or spirit energy in any form, doesn't smell. However residue and foam from the industrial process probably gives off a smell of dirt and gasoline, like Mog said.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
It's like asking 'What does electricity smell like?'

The answer is it smells like you are philosophising over the scent of a fictional enrgy source and you will probably never have a girlfriend.

It's like asking 'What does electricity smell like?'

The answer is it smells like you are philosophising over the scent of a fictional enrgy source and you will probably never have a girlfriend.

Commenting the meaninglessness of thinking about a fictional substance is even more meaningless than what we are doing. Play nice.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I just assumed it would smell and taste really foul tbh. Generic stench. Gasoline doesn't even smell all that bad, good for a quick high.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Only if they found out.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
He always had this rather musky odour about him. I've often advised him to try a little cologne here and there, but you can't blame him if he wants to go el naturale.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Shit man, it's all about being bi-curious.

QFT ladies :awesomonster:

Okay but serious, on topic...I never thought mako even had a smell, really. I just imagined a mako reactor would smell like...a nuclear reactor, since they're rather similar.

What does nuclear fission smell like? :wackymonster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well it probably wouldn't, since its ethereal, and I doubt it'd be conducive to algae growth. As for dirt, it'd depend on the dirt.

In FFX, spirit energy and water were often mixed, as seen with spheres, so I doubt that had much of a smell either.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And your point is that spirit energy only smells if it has dirt and algae?

No, water has a smell. A taste, too, but we can't experience it.

And I'm telling you everyone, it's MINT. The afterlife is mint flavored.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I always imagined that it had that electrical ozone smell, kinda like when a transformer, or a capacitor explodes (dunno if anyone here can relate to that). As far as the inside of the Reactors themselves, there's a lot of oil & mechanics on top of that, that I think would add in to everything.

X :neo:

Top Bottom