The so-called artworks of Ghost X.

Ghost X

So I thought I'd make my own thread, rather than spamming up the photo discussion thread.

EDIT: Contained out of date shit.

Last edited:

Ghost X

So I'm thinking of hawking in touristy areas where a lot of people go through. Like the beach or the city. I'm not sure if hawking is the correct term, but I know it isn't hooking :awesome:. Basically I'm thinking of doing $5 portraits for 10-15 minutes a pop. I'd need at least 20 people a day to make a living. I figure anything more than $5 would be offputting. At one point I was thinking of doing $1 portraits, but for a number of reasons, that is just stupid :awesome:.

Other possible issues may be my experience with drawing from life is a bit limited, beyond life drawing. I'm highly critical of my own artworks, but I found the general public thinks they're okay at least. I figure with a refund protocol for unhappy customers, that may solve any problem :awesome:.

I'll probably have issues with councils who generally like people like me to have licences and insurance. So I gotta do a bit of research in that regard. For the time being, I'm just trying to get an outside perspective here. I've always wanted to make a career out of art or something like that, and it ain't gonna be a simple or at least mainstream life.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I really respect your courage to pursue a dream that might drop you off a cliff without a moment's notice. :monster: I'm going to get my ass back to writing my book.

Anyway, I don't know anything about the sort of laws associated with doing that sort of thing (especially not in Australia), but I wish you luck. Also, if you ever want to portrait-ize me, go ahead.

Ghost X

Thanks =). I think I'm fairly familiar with laws associated with what I want to do, so no worries there.

I would be happy to do a portrait. I can only find one low-res photo of you on this forum though =p. If I am forced to use my imagination by artificially blowing up the picture with my mind, it could get dangerous, but hey, I'm all for that too. That or you post a hi-res shot :awesome:.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Perhaps we should stick with the hi-res then. :awesome:

eu5t16E.jpg

Literally just took this right now at work. Let me know if the lighting is no good and I'll do another.

Ghost X

That's actually pretty ideal, lots of different colours to work with, decent lighting. Background is a nightmare, but I like a challenge. Don't expect a result any time soon though :awesome:. Hopefully won't take me as long as 8 months as some previous requests have taken me to get around to =p.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ghost I think your art is great and in particular the females portraits I saw were fantastic.

Ghost X

Because I have tax issues with Amazon, my books will not be on the market much longer. Stupid US government.

Anyway, time to abuse your eyeballs:

Last edited:

Ghost X

If anyone is familiar with semiotics, could they recommend a good music video with a lot of signs. If you aren't familiar with semiotics, I don't mean what the average person might think as a sign :P. I speak of iconic, symbolic, and indexical signs. I was thinking a 1980s music video would be easy for this. If anyone has any better ideas, I'd be keen to hear.

Cabaret

Donator
I just checked out your website and had a little moment of pleasure. :D

Rancid are all about the street shots in their videos, they got signs, but I don't think it's the iconic stuff you were talking about. 'Last ones to die' is full of street shots and stadiums and 'roots radicals' is full of Rancid related headlines and all that.

You may be better off getting those iconic signs from a movie trailer? Or clips from a film? The Blues Brothers is a film full of iconic symbols if memory serves - Dan Ackroyd is all about promoting American stuff so anything he's had an influence in would probably have US iconic signs.

Ghost X

@Cabaret: Thanks for the compliment :).

The blues brothers are definitely iconic in the sense that I mean, but it has to be a music video unfortunately. I mentioned 1980s music clips because they tend to contain such things as 1980s fashion, which is full of symbolic signs (androgyny, and zeitgeist stuff).

To clarify, a sign is a representation; the basic unit of visual culture, ie: culture in the visual context. Signs are all around us... even your walls, doors, floor, and ceiling are signs (street signs too :P). It all communicates cultural information. It is all made for a reason, and there is a meaning to why it was made the way it was. If I look at my surroundings, there's certainly a clear modernist influence, for example. /tangent.

@: Thanks :). Only my blog is up to date, but then again, I've improved a ton since my last post with pictures, iidssm, Just haven't had time to do any polished pieces recently.

Ghost X

People have asked for this (ages ago), so yeah :awesome:. It only has the avatars I've made since I've got the current computer I'm on, so the others are lost to the foreverness of the internet archives, where your n00dz are also stored.

Ghost X

One yet-to-be-polished silver ring to rule them all (it's polished now, I forgot to take a photo :P). The ring sits a top of an experimental painting I did too, which you can't see much of (thankfully :awesome:).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I kinda like the matt effect. Too late now I guess :monster:

Moar please. I want to see your etchings! :wacky:

Ghost X

Not sure if I got around to showing said etchings, but instead, I found Cat Jesus in my tie and dye textile experimentation :P. Surely a sign from above. Caucasian Jesus and Raptor Jesus are false idols. All hail cat god of the interwebs.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
You have created Cat Jesus.
Are you the new Virgin Ghost Mary? :closedmonster:

Anyway, I love it. Cat Jesus has a nice coffee colored tone (mmm coffee) and looks like he just awoke from a nap. :awesome:
Are you enjoying the Dyes and Textiles course so far?

Ghost X

@Dawn: My website is dated and cringe-worthy. Need to get my friend/website designer to delete it or put a "under renovation" thing up until I can make a proper website.

@Flare: So far so good.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Are you shitting me? I laughed for like a minute. :)

I'll donate to your bottom line. :P

also, good artworkz, d00d! Probably should have led with that. xD

Top Bottom