• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Twelve Fanworks of Christmas

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Here is a special little collection of Christmas and other assorted winter holiday themed Fanworks to celebrate the holidays with!

Day 1 - Dec 14, 2015

fantasy_christmas_by_squalljade.jpg

Fantasy Christmas
by: squalljade

I really like this simple Final Fantasy VIII piece because it really captures the holidays without going over the top with it. Not that over-the-top is necessarily bad or anything but I feel like less is more. This image is full of heart, and really that's what the holidays are about.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Day 2 - December 15, 2015

Fisherman's Horizon (Christmas ver.)
By: Goomin' Nam

Not to do two FF8 things in a row, but this is such a cool concept- a "christmasy" version of the Fisherman's Horizon theme. In fact it seems like this song would be exactly what you would hear watching the scene from yesterday.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 3 - Dec 16, 2015

12366614_10156330889790367_1754478494_n.jpg

By: Anonymous

My friend Jacob just shared this one with me today and it seemed like a great fit for this, so I added it to this collection. CACTAUR TREE!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 4 - December 17, 2015

by: Kenji Ito

This one starts out kind of boring but it builds up into something pretty awesome and lively for the season before ending on a serene note. I considered holding this one off until the end of all this, but I didn't want to wait! :lol:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 5 - December 18, 2015

vivi__s_snowman_by_milestailsprower_007.jpg

Vivi's Snowman
by: MilesTailsPrower-007

Again as you may be able to tell I prefer minimalism in my art, particularly around the holidays. A simple subject done well is better to me than a dense jampacked image. This is a perfect example of that, giving us just a nice winter scene without a lot of extra filler.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^That is really cute. No matter what potency he develops, Vivi always has this innocence about him.

I wonder which will expire first?

RedFFWolf

Donator
How dare you with such sadness D:

I know. Vivi really doesn't deserve that kind of commentary :(
I couldn't pretend like it was a casual statement either, hence acknowledging my seat reservation down below - I was far too aware of what I was saying :P

On a nicer note, though still kind of sad (in a sweet way), I've only noticed now the back of the snowman has what looks like angel wings - like a tribute to the other black mages

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
My heart has melted with that Vivi and his snowman. <3 That would make an adorable front for a Christmas card!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 6 - December 19, 2015

Using big letters cause this is important. The halfway hump of this thing and I have just discovered what I think is a brand new channel. I was the first to sub to it and the videos are all quite recent. They are piano medleys of classic Final Fantasy tunes with traditional Christmas music.

FinalFantasyChristmas

The pianist's name is Eric Barlaan and the work... oh my god just listen to these:

Silent Night + Calm Lands

O Holy Night + FFXIII Prelude

Away In A Manger + Tifa's Theme

O Come All Ye Faithful + Ahead On Our Way (Kalm Town)

Please, please, please, this guy deserves to be showered with attention. Please go sub his channel and like. This kind of brilliance deserves special attention.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 7 - December 20, 2015

Today I'm doing a couple to appease both sets of fans.

a_cloti_christmas_by_konneh.jpg

by: Konneh

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 8- December 21, 2015

lulu_christmas___colored_by_celesjessa.jpg

By: CelesJessa

Let's get a little holiday sexy going on here with Lulu from Final Fantasy X.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 9 - December 22, 2015

by: S.S.H. (Saitama Saisyu Heiki)

A bit behind on this one, but here's the entry for yesterday. Today's will be up later on.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 10- December 23, 2015

Let's go SFW Sexy again.

black_santa___merry_x__mas_by_raykit.jpg

By: raykit

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I didn't immediately recognize Yuna. She looks like a 12 year old. Sephiroth looks good in that black Santa outfit though.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 11 - December 24, 2015

For today I'm going to open it up to two fics suggest on the discussion thread:

LicoriceAllSorts:

My senpai in fanfic are tenshi, llama joy and karanguni. Here's a link to a Christmas fic by tenshi from 2013.

http://www.bishink.org/fic.htm

Kionae:

Don't know if it qualifies, since it's part of an increasingly long and winding series, but I just posted the obligatory Christmas story for Taking Care of Reno.

Edit:

And what the hell self-pluggging:

Last Dropoff - My short but sweet Xmas Story this year about Reno desperately trying to get Kids Letters To Santa to the post office on time.

Jason Tandro's Christmas Classics - Every single Christmas holiday story I've ever written except the two most recent.

Aya Lee

Pro Adventurer
And what the hell self-pluggging:

Last Dropoff - My short but sweet Xmas Story this year about Reno desperately trying to get Kids Letters To Santa to the post office on time.

That was ADORABLE. I can relate to Reno's situation at the end... ha! Love it. Looks like Cloud's slacking if Reno has to pick up the pace. :lol:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Day 12 - December 25, 2015

Here's a final batch of Fanwork to help you celebrate Christmas!

ff7__happy_holidays_by_shiroineko_sama.jpg

By: ShiroiNeko-Sama

ff7__ss_event__zack_and_cloud_by_meru_chan.jpg

By: meru-chan

chibi_christmas_by_arunel-d4khgoa.jpg

By: Arunel

adb31319dc611cad5773adbf33e05343-d9l74az.jpg

By: oOFlorianeOo

merry_christmas_by_f_wd.jpg

By: f-wd

merry_christmas___fran_ffxii_by_lcibos-dqzfmy.jpg

By: LCibos

bfc3740f2081394cddbfb3a148b81bd9-d8agyp5.jpg

By: DrAssenov

christmas_fantasy_by_jsheaisaninja-d4j6nla.jpg

By: jsheaisaninja

Also I want it known that I had to go through a lot of smut to find these images:

merry_christmas__dear_snow__3_by_philiera-d4k95te.jpg

art_for_christmas_rikku_set___censored_by_usatame-d6zxsva.jpg

merry_christmas_balamb_garden2_by_thyamant-d35hvxc.jpg

(The Fran image above barely missed the smut cut)

Top Bottom