• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Velvet Room, a Persona fanclub

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Welcome to the Velvet Room. Here, you will find a fan club for the Persona series.

I think this has to be our first topic to be raised:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Welcome to the Velvet Room. Here, you will find a fan club for the Persona series.

I think this has to be our first topic to be raised:
is that the actual OP cause it mostly seems to be a bunch of sequences from the game. I mean, I'm not complaining, but it seems a little lazy if that's all it has

also

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm just getting into this series!

Having played the MegaTen series a while back, and now I've got P3P and having a blast with it OKAY YEAH WHY NAWT HMMM

Consider me intrigued!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
is that the actual OP cause it mostly seems to be a bunch of sequences from the game. I mean, I'm not complaining, but it seems a little lazy if that's all it has
I think that's partly the point. After all, the anime cut scenes in game were awesome, so if it ain't broke... That's my view on it, anyways. But, no, I'm not 100% sure that is the true OP sequence.
Oh and here's some pics I had saved on my comp
O.o Do you mean comp as in short for computer, or do you have an actual COMP?? Either way, thanks for the awesome arts. Naoto and Chie FTW.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
We’re willing to guess that until someone finally dares to make The Adventures of Methuselah Jones, it’ll be hard to find a game that’s been anticipated by fans for over a decade.

That’s right, back in 1999—in between all those exciting millennium parties, of course—a new chapter in the acclaimed Persona series of roleplaying games came out in Japan and was ultimately never published in North America. This “lost” chapter, long anticipated by fans of Atlus, the series, and RPGs in general, is extremely overdue. Apart from one other game coming out this year that has teased and tortured its fanbase for a similarly agonizing stretch of time (you know, the one that wants bubble gum but is out of it), there really isn’t much else out there that fans have been waiting as long for.

But we’re not just going to give fans the same game that came out in Japan in 1999. Oh no, the PSP version of Innocent Sin is loaded with improvements and additions, including but not limited to:

•16:9 Aspect Ratio
•Remastered Visuals and Audio
•Remixed Musical Score (with option to toggle between that and original)
•Streamlined User Interface
•New Quests
•New Intro Animation
•And more!

index.php

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Man Igor is some wierdass mofo.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
So guys

when do we call dibs on a Persona username theme

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
I was wondering that myself. :monster: Still, there was a short lived one not too long ago.

Call dibs on Yu Narukami.

I've also been thinking about a Persona RP. No idea what we could do storywise though. (I'd recommend no-one's a Wild Card, though, just so we all have the one Persona.)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm interested. Aki is always talking about Persona in some way and I seem to trust her opinion on most anything else.

Someone want to point me in the right direction of where to start with Persona? :huh:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I'm interested. Aki is always talking about Persona in some way and I seem to trust her opinion on most anything else.

Someone want to point me in the right direction of where to start with Persona? :huh:
IF YOU START WITH PERSONA 4 YOU CAN MEET MY HUSBANDO NAOTO SHIROGANE <3

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Agreed. Persona 4, definitely. I often compare 3 and 4 to Buffy/Angel and Firefly.

The Buffyverse and Persona 3 use more elements that I'm interested in, but Firefly and Persona 4 just feel like home.

(And everyone is bi for Naoto. No exceptions.)

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
My hope is that the Persona 4 anime reaches the US and that they keep the same VA than in the game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I kind of want to say start with Persona 3 (if going for the PS2 version), since going back to P3 after playing P4 with its ability to directly control the whole team (as opposed to P3 where you only have direct control of the protagonist and just give the other AI-controlled characters more broad/general commands) doesn't feel right.

Unless you went 'P4 then P3 Portable', which I think adds the direct command option?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Unless you went 'P4 then P3 Portable', which I think adds the direct command option?
it does that AND enables you to play a hot chick

p3p is pretty much everything that's right with persona.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
I kind of want to say start with Persona 3 (if going for the PS2 version), since going back to P3 after playing P4 with its ability to directly control the whole team (as opposed to P3 where you only have direct control of the protagonist and just give the other AI-controlled characters more broad/general commands) doesn't feel right.

To be honest, I actually find being unable to control my party members sort of jarring, especially when they seem to get twice as many turns as I do sometimes ;-;

I mean in a lot of battle encounters I have I get the first hit and if it isn't like a weak-spot-for-massive-damage move, the rest of my party wipes out the enemy before I get a chance to do anything :monster:

Also dibs on Akihiko

or Junpei

MORE LIKE STUPEI HURR HURR

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
And, uh, Souji and Kanji and Teddie and Naoto...

Hisako

AKA
Not surprising it would work though since most Persona characters are distinctly Japanese :monster:

EDIT: URGH

I hate Fuuka's voice
Mitsuru's was so much more awesome, now there's this 10-year-old voice going "eehhheh attaaack dem~~" or "ohhhh nuuuu akihiko-senpaiiii~~" during battle and I'm all URGH

There was this one time where some shadow cast mabufula and she was all "YUKARI-CHAN IS IN TRUBBLE" and i just want to yell at my PSP "NO I'M IN TROUBLE YOU STUPID GIRL, I HAVE LESS HEALTH THAN HER AND YOU IGNORE ME"

EDIT: Found the Orders tab allows you to control party members if need be, so hey that's pretty neat for people who like the option/can't trust the bots

Although tbf the AI is very, very good at being assistants, recognising nulls and weaknesses and reflects, etc and healing when prompted (although as enemies get stronger i think I'll deal with the healing manually)

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Calm the hell down!
My hope is that the Persona 4 anime reaches the US and that they keep the same VA than in the game.
I second that. Any game that ditches its cast when it becomes an anime should have a good excuse to do so. Besides which, the voice-acting in the Persona games is top-notch (so much so, that the main reason they're adding voice-acting to the remake of Devil Survivor is because the Persona games have given Atlus such a rep in that area).
And, uh, Souji and Kanji and Teddie and Naoto...
Souji as in Souji Seta? The potential for selfcest scares me...

...I need to dig out my copies of the Persona games. I don't think I finished either 3 or 4. :doh:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Although tbf the AI is very, very good at being assistants, recognising nulls and weaknesses and reflects, etc and healing when prompted (although as enemies get stronger i think I'll deal with the healing manually)

I agree, though it infuriates me that the MC dying is a game over when other members on your party have the revive spell. Especially considering the prevalence of the insta-kill spells as you get higher up in Tartarus.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
That's why I always hoard on homunculus.
Or just carry around personas that are immune to that shit.

Hisako

AKA
I think I'm going to have my "control party member" set on permanently as they don't seem to recognise the importance of running away from Death. :awesome:

Top Bottom