• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Velvet Room, a Persona fanclub

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
aki.png
ryoji.png
shinji.png

koro.png

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Koro-chan wins

hands down

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Persona 4 news. Prepare for your S. Link to go up a rank.

Persona 4 Arena (the English language name for Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena) will be out in August.

From Persona 4: Yu Narukami, Yosuke Hanamura, Chie Satonaka, Yukiko Amagi. Kanji Tatsumi, Teddie, Naoto Shirogane
From Persona 3: Akihiko Sanada, Aigis, Mitsuru Kirijo, Elizabeth

Also, Persona 4 Golden is coming to the Vita (an updated version, similar to P3P for the PSP).

Also, Persona 4 The Animation has received a full length feature film. And it's not the only one...

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
ASFASAS I heard about the Persona 3 film... not sure what to feel, lol. So they're using Minato as the main character? Unfair, what about Minako? :'(

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I just hope they don't go the route of trying to cover the bajillion hours of the game itself.

That would leave a ridiculous amount of character development cut down and condensed far too much, imo.

btw throwing around a persona ORP around in my head atm but there's a lot of details i am really not sure about like how to implement what persona and how such persona evolve

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
ASFASAS I heard about the Persona 3 film... not sure what to feel, lol. So they're using Minato as the main character? Unfair, what about Minako? :'(
Well, Minato as been seen as the P3 protagonist for longer. :awesome: Maybe Minako will get a cameo appearence in the film? As long as they don't copy Pokémon the Movie: Black—Victini and Reshiram and Pokémon the Movie: White—Victini and Zekrom to include her (i.e., release two movies with the same plot, but only change one character)!

Best of luck with the Persona RP, Satsu. I've been trying to come up with ideas for one for over a year and a half now. :monster: The only thing I decided on was that no player character should have the Wild Card ability - i.e., each player character should only have access to one arcana, with one Persona from that arcana (although the player may upgrade them after a major piece of character development, but said upgrade is irreversible).

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Best of luck with the Persona RP, Satsu. I've been trying to come up with ideas for one for over a year and a half now. :monster: The only thing I decided on was that no player character should have the Wild Card ability - i.e., each player character should only have access to one arcana, with one Persona from that arcana (although the player may upgrade them after a major piece of character development, but said upgrade is irreversible).

Yeah this is exactly the same things I was contemplating. The problem with SMT's design is that besides the Arcana classifications, the actual design of persona and the motivations behind them are so ridiculously obscure and I can't wrap my head around them.

If I could just get past that hurdle of "what persona represent what personalities and how do I know what they develop into" I could make a start on actually coming up with shit. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
putting naoto in a dress just feels wrong

BUT OMG THE SHERLOCK OUTFIT AND THE BLUE FEATHERMAN AAAAA

kanji what is your hair you look like skrillex also adachi s.link w h a t

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Yeah this is exactly the same things I was contemplating. The problem with SMT's design is that besides the Arcana classifications, the actual design of persona and the motivations behind them are so ridiculously obscure and I can't wrap my head around them.

If I could just get past that hurdle of "what persona represent what personalities and how do I know what they develop into" I could make a start on actually coming up with shit. :monster:
All I can think of suggesting is: cheat. :monster:

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Personas See what ones in these lists are used repeatedly for the same arcana, and use them as a list of suggested Personae for each arcana.

And I agree with you guys totally about Naoto in a dress.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
yeah seriously what the fuck was that outfit just
what

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so p4:arena is going to be region locked for ps3

what's that going to mean for the european version? i don't have any interest in getting the english version, was going to import the japanese one. so is the japanese version going to be locked as well? (seeing as the point behind this was that japanese fans don't import the cheaper us version, are they going to need to lock the more expensive j-ntsc one?)

if i can set the english version to japanese voice and text that'll be acceptable, but what's going on with the version here?

Lex

Administrator
If it's region locked you can create a new account on your PS3 and when it asks what country you're in just say "Japan", that way you'll be able to play it.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Don't know about Japanese text, hito, but with BlazBlue (and, I assume, Guilty Gear) there's always been the option to have the Japanese audio. As it's from the same developer (and in all the cases I know of, same international publishers), I'd imagine the option for Japanese audio will stand.

Naotozama? Iron Kenji? WANT

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I wasn't too worried about Japanese voices, since I thought that was confirmed (and one of the reasons Japanese people would be tempted to import it). I forgot about BlazBlue, which does have Japanese text as well. I just... would enjoy it all more with Japanese text since that's what I've played all my MegaTen games in so far :sadpanda:

If it's region locked you can create a new account on your PS3 and when it asks what country you're in just say "Japan", that way you'll be able to play it.
My account that I play games with (as opposed to just downloading stuff occasionally) is already set to Japan, but I assumed region locked depended on hardware? I don't know, this is an unprecedented move so I will just wait for other people to find out.

idk the closest i have to experience is one bluray film that's region locked

Lex

Administrator
The region for games on PS3 is set by user, not the hardware. I think the Blu-Ray part might be different though, I'm not sure about this.

You'll be able to download and play games from the Japanese/North American PSN store that are region locked (for example a lot of DLC is region locked even though the games they're for aren't) but you'll have to play it on the new account you've created.

It's not just a new PSN name you need to create either, it's the actual user account on the system (furthest left in the menu). After you've created one of those (in which you'll also choose the region), you have to create a new PSN ID and it takes you to "your country"'s PSN store automatically.

I've managed to get a few games from the Japanese and NA PSN this way. The only downside is any trophies you unlock aren't linked to your normal account :(

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Reading through TVTropes' article on P4Arena, someone suggested that Hitoshura would be a DLC character. This lead to some confusion what his Persona would be.

I had no idea you were so well known outside the forums, hito. Care to share what your Persona would be? :awesome:

Before anyone says anything... I know Hitoshura=Demi-Fiend. Took me a while to work it out back in the day, though...

On a slightly more serious note, what does everyone think their Persona/Arcana would be? I have to say, I think my Persona would either be from the following Arcana: Strength (instinct; shyness), The Hermit (introversion), or Death (traditionally associated with my Western zodiac).

...Which is a pity, as I'd like to access the Tower to summon Cu Chulainn. :awesome: But Sammael from the Death Arcana would do nicely, too.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'd either be The Hermit
("The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed...
It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path...")

Lovers
There is both joy and wonder in coming to understand another...")

or maybe the Chariot.
One of life's greatest blessings is the freedom to pursue one's goals.")

Top Bottom