• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Walking Dead: Season 6 Starts October 11th

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
If this is half as good as the book, THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

Seriously, much of the cast bites it often in gruesome ways.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Anyone know if this intends to follow the whole series? Or just part 1?

Edit: Nvm, looks like it's got 6 confirmed episodes for season one, and, presuming it does well, will go from there.

I'd also like to add that I'm digging the zombie makeup in this.

Last edited:

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Oooooh... I may actually watch TV again just for this (and Supernatural Season 6). Looks pretty interesting ne? I agree, Yac, the makeup looks awesome :D. Looks great so far!

~ Beel

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Anyone know if this intends to follow the whole series? Or just part 1?

Edit: Nvm, looks like it's got 6 confirmed episodes for season one, and, presuming it does well, will go from there.

I'd also like to add that I'm digging the zombie makeup in this.

Kinda hard to follow the whole series when it's not done :monster:

Unless they plan on having one of those shitty made for tv endings like anime sometimes do.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Andrew Lincoln is such a badass.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Kinda hard to follow the whole series when it's not done :monster:

I meant up to where it is now - and then presumably making up their own ending. :awesomonster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mmm...zombies. Looks awesome.

There's just nothing better than crackin' open a cold one. That's my motto. :awesome:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
So did anyone else watch this?

I know I did. And I know I was quite pleased.

And I said this before, but I gotta say it again: really digging the zombie makeup.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
So for anyone who watched yesterday's episode:
fuck dammit diverting from the original plot. Sigh. It's not that I don't think they can do well with an original story arc, but I was really enjoying its faithfulness to the comics.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I'm kinda glad it's not following it, at the same time I'm not.

I mean, shit gets fucking GRIM in the comics. Like Berserk grim.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I have been really enjoying this show. (How did I not know that we had a thread for it?)

• Episodes 1-4 Comic vs Show Analysis
• Episode 5 Analysis Comic vs Show Analysis

I haven't read all of the original comics, I've read through a good chunk of the first hardcover. Episode 5
seemed very different tonally from all the other episodes thus far. I'm curious as to what they're going to do with the season finale. Really, I have confidence that AMC will continue to do the show right, even if they're deviating from the source material (relatively) early on.

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Tbh the show had already deviated a good bit from the start

I find it sad that there's one more eps in this season, and the next one starts up next october.

And on that note the 5th eps felt a bit rushed, probly because this season's so short.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Hopefully more episodes get ordered for the next season beyond 12.

Also X, it's probably best if you don't read anymore of the books so they don't color your opinion of the series.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Oh? Color them in a negative light, I'm assuming? I'm pretty good at giving film/tv series their own merits, and not feeling overly attached to the preservation of one version, especailly when I didn't get REALLY into one at the time, but I'll keep that in mind for sure.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I say that because there's a high chance of the comics winding up being much better than the series.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
....they got renewed, so Frank Darabont let the writers go...?

Deadline is reporting that "The Walking Dead" writer/executive producer/director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the AMC series, which has been renewed for a 13-episode second season that's likely to debut in October of 2011.

The site adds that Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season and assign scripts to freelancers. No reason is given, though they say that no final decision has been made with all options open, including a possible combination of a writing staff/freelancers.

Darabont wrote two of the first season's six episodes, the pilot and second episode, and he co-wrote/rewrote the other four.

In related news, The Hollywood Reporter says that AMC is planning to release the first season on DVD and Blu-ray in Spring 2011 through Anchor Bay Entertainment.

Not sure how to feel about this...

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Seems like a strange move. And I can't say I like the idea of just hiring freelancers, it could easily end up with a plot that's all over the place and full of holes.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Was anyone else slightly annoyed at the Shane developments in this episode? It was rather interesting to see the beginning where he (supposedly) thinks that Rick is dead, but quarrantines him away from everyrthing else, but it's difficult to tell if that was meant to demonize or redeem his actions. The point where he aims at Rick in the woods pulled the tension in believably, and created an interesting dynamic, but this episode seemed like it was more full of Shane being a dick to make the audience dislike him. He's interrupting and flying off the handle even more than Daryl, and to me, the attempted rape scene just seemed WAY too forced, and it felt like it killed the believability of his character for me.

Dale and Andrea's relationship was the one really redeeming aspect of this episode for me, because she's dropped totally into despair, and wanting to end it all. Then Dale turns around with a "Fuck you, you can't just opt out when other people care for you, so either we're both gonna die here, or you're leaving with me."

With the way that things ended having them on the move again, and the news that they are gonna be hiring freelancers makes it seem like it's going to turn into a series of Zombie vignettes, and lose the strong core story that is what makes the series as strong as it started.

Morgan and his kid Duane are doing god only knows, because we didn't see Rick try to radio in an update to them, so for all we know, they'd still be headed to the (now obliterated) CDC, and Merle is driving around one handed, god only knows where, but you don't really get the feeling that the series gave a damn about reminding the audience about either of these plot hooks with this episode, which disappointed me.

I dunno, I felt like this episode could have been a lot more than it was, and I'm focusing on the things that bothered me more than I liked, but hopefully that's understandable.

Top Bottom