• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Winner of Our Discontent — 2016 U.S. Election Results Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Share your reactions, your memes, your observations, your drunken rambles here as the results come in throughout the evening.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
3031204506.jpg

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I've been trying to choose a favourite moment from the campaign, and I think it has to be the one in this video, which still makes me smile:

So it hasn't been all bad...

Anyone willing to make an early prediction? Besides "we're screwed either way". :P I'm talking electoral college numbers.

Side note: when I was at the store today, the first two things I picked up cost 2.19 and 3.19 respectively. I added them up in my head, and what do you know, they make 5.38. There are 538 electors in the electoral college.

From what I've seen, if Trump ends up winning, it's going to be a nail-biter. 270-268 is a possibility. So is a 269-269 tie (I made this map showing one such scenario). If Clinton wins, on the other hand, we might know about it pretty early, because a lot of swing states are on the east coast this year. If Trump doesn't manage to take at least two of Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, it's basically over. If he gets none of them, I think we're looking at about a 323-215 margin for Clinton.

I hope Clinton wins, but a part of me is hoping for a long, exciting night. Sorry everyone. :monster:

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
You know the results I'm really looking forward to seeing? Texas. There's been quite a bit of speculation that the Democrats might have just enough support to turn it blue for the first time in god only knows how long. It's a long shot, but it it actually somehow happens, I'm going to laugh myself sick.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
2016-11-08t173420z-787788300-d1beulrpgmaa-rtrmadp-3-usa-election-trump.jpg

Is it me, or does it look like he's double checking to make sure his wife is actually voting for him?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I voted, won't make any difference since we're stupidly heading for more of the same over here. I did however feel for the first time like I voted for someone actually good in our own version of Bernie Sanders. Her name is Alexandra Lúgaro, she's not going to win but she's only 35 with growing support. She could be serious threat in 2020.

As for the actual elections reports are that they've been unsurprisingly a complete clusterfuck. People not appearing registered, machines not working and officials telling people to put their ballots inside plastic bags. Officials telling people which party they have to vote for, people having to vote publicly due to 'insufficient lack of space'.

tumblr_ogc5wivbQu1rmgl0xo1_1280.png

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
My homebrew Facebook profile pic for today:

15036246_10157833316775235_434447890574802686_n.jpg

And I also made this. I express my thoughts through MS Paint a lot:

14925262_10157832702580235_8758768680339639728_n.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There was another one (I think by another one of Trump's family?) where he poasted a picture of his ballot on twitter. Welp that's illegal, :monster:

This'll all end in tears, I just know it. Voting r hard. There was a recent publishing of an easily manipulated voting machine the other day. And off course malfunctioning voting machines.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
There was another one (I think by another one of Trump's family?) where he poasted a picture of his ballot on twitter. Welp that's illegal, :monster:

This'll all end in tears, I just know it. Voting r hard. There was a recent publishing of an easily manipulated voting machine the other day. And off course malfunctioning voting machines.

I really just wanna see what happens to Utah being as I live here, and there's enough strong opinion that the Mormons dislike Trump that the state might not be red. It'll be interesting regardless of the outcome overall.

Also: Ololz His kid also Tweeted out a pic of his ballot.

:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
I've only seen one post all night from anyone on my fb, saying that choosing between Trump and Hillary is like trying to decide whether to leave your kids with Ian Brady or Myra Hindley, but I imagine this is just the calm before the storm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom