• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Witcher Netflix Series

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Very curious to see how this turns out. I like Henry Cavill, but I never would have pinned him for Geralt. Shows what I know :monster:

It'll be odd not hearing Geralt's voice, though I suppose the same can be said for any adaption of anything.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder what the actual look wil be, given that that one picture is a fan edit that Cavill repoasted (and it's based on the video game interpretation instead of an original one based on the books). At this point though, I can't really see anything much different from the direction the game took it in.

We'll see.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'm hoping Leo Bonhart makes an appearance, just cause he's a total creep but a very effective total creep who can fuck people up :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
More cast members revealed.

e0dqcriyodr11.jpg

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
The only cast members I'm feeling out of that lot are Ciri (assuming she's either going to grow into the role or be recast in future), Tissaia and Sabrina. Anya Chalotra is too bloody young for Yennefer.
Given the casting of Calanthe, Eist and Mousesack, I'm guessing they're going to start right at the start but pace it quickly like GoT or at least condense the beginning of the saga. I can't see how flashbacks are going to work like they do in the books but I already have a bad feeling that this is going to 'based on the books' and cherry-picking the more interesting bits of the story (i.e., fights, magick and sex) and discarding/skirting the heavy political stuff that underpins the active storyline unless it's directly relevant. I could be wrong and this could be amazing, but I ain't holding my breath.
So far, not impressed.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WHO THE FUCK IS PLAYING DANDELION?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Let me rephrase it: Yennefer is young for someone a century-odd old. Having a young face ain't necessarily going to carry off the notion that someone is much much older than they appear, even if they have elven blood (and the show makers really need to emphasise how elven heritage will change someone's appearance because it is a big deal in the books). Geralt twigs fairly quickly that she isn't as she first appears. Being young is a world away from looking young but being much older. How this is portrayed onscreen will be interesting at best. I'm just not in love with the casting choices so far is all. I'm braced for disappointment regardless of who says what.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Well I wasn't a fan when they announced cavill as playing geralt and now with these teasers I'm even less impressed.

Just

Just no.

rs_1024x759-181031073254-1024-henry-cavill-the-witcher.jpgwitcher-1.jpg

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Given that I have no knowledge of the game series or the books that they're based on, I'm wondering if the age/look is different (less grizzled and beardy, etc.) Anybody who knows happen to be able to provide potential context?

X :neo:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Given that I have no knowledge of the game series or the books that they're based on, I'm wondering if the age/look is different (less grizzled and beardy, etc.) Anybody who knows happen to be able to provide potential context?

X:neo:
Geralt is hundreds of years old and Vessemir hundreds of years older still. The events of the books and the games are a neglible part of his lifespan. He shold look basically exactly the same age.

Random Nobody

local roach
.........That wig. This entire cast.

11jrbd2.png

Geralt is hundreds of years old and Vessemir hundreds of years older still. The events of the books and the games are a neglible part of his lifespan. He shold look basically exactly the same age.
Vesemir might be a couple hundred years old (I can't remember any direct references to his age), but Geralt isn't anywhere near that iirc. He's around Yennefer's age, which would be about a century.

EDIT: Yelling, how can they cast someone who looks mad baby for Yennefer and then cast Shaffer -- who looks (if slightly) more appropriate for the role as half-Yennefer's-age Triss.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
OH FUCKING COME ON! TRISS IS FUCKING GINGER! This whole project is going to be shit. I mean I know that was a make-up test but why no cat pupils? The irises needed to be more vivid yellow too IMO.
And the next time someone trots out 'but they're doing this from the books' shit, I'm going to get my copy of The Last Wish back from Yop and batter them with it, because the books clearly describe the appearance of the characters (and the games managed to do them justice wonderfully - my brother is playing Wild Hunt ATM and I recognised Cohen and Lambert immediately FROM THEIR DESCRIPTIONS IN THE FUCKING BOOKS).
Here, have a link to the gorgeous cover art of the later prints (bottom right is different in my set). STILL BETTER THAN ANYTHING THE PRODUCERS HAVE SHIT OUT SO FAR.

Also I had a flash of genius and need to verbalise it - since the ethnicities of the characters are being glossed over anyway, why wasn't Salma Hayek considered for Yennefer? The woman exudes sex appeal.

Oh well, we're not the only unimpressed folk at least. I do wonder what Andrzej Sapkowski thinks of the casting choices so far.

EDIT: Just realised Jaskier is Dandelion. *lies down on floor*

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Not only is Triss a ginger, she's also centuries younger than Yennefer and Anna Shaffer is 26 while Anya Chalotra is 21. Are you fucking kidding a 21 year old to play Yennefer? She uses magical enhancements to keep a youthful appearance but not look like a teenager and to hide a hunchback. This is Yennefer:

yennefer_tw3.png

She should be played at the very least by an actress in her thirties.

Henry Cavil looks like soulless husk in that test footage and I don't even fucking like Geralt.

I was already not on board with this series, Geralt already has a book and video game series, I don't need to see more of him as a protagonist. This fucking series should've been about Ciri.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
At this point, I'm not quite ready to pass judgement on anything yet, except I'll say that I'm not very impressed. Usually I'm pretty lenient with things like costume and makeup tests, but... blegh.

I almost feel the same way I did about that god awful Inhumans show. Not ready to admit it might be shit, but not ready to kill the optimism yet. 'Tis a hard life. :monster:

Top Bottom