• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Theatrhythm Final Bar Line [PS4 & Switch]

Lex

Administrator
I fully agree it's absolute bullshit and I'm a disgusting capitalist bootlicker simp because if they released some kind of special touch controller for this and charged a grand I would pay it. That is how enslaved I am to Theatrhythm.

I was grossed out as soon as I saw "deluxe edition" tbh but I can't help but be excited regardless. I reckon I've got over a thousand hours in Curtain Call.

This is pretty much how I reacted:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i saw the trailer and when it was showing the songs that were exclusive for the deluxe i was like "oh come on, bullshit" out aloud to myself. to zanarkand? the ps1 vocal tracks? it's one thing to do songs from non-ff games as dlc, but locking away some of the most iconic tracks?

this is bullshit and i'm still thinking of buying it

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am currently berating myself for thinking about getting the deluxe version, because i don't want to encourage them for this bullshit but i also want the extra tracks (then again they are still professing their support for blockchain nft stuff despite everything so maybe nothing will deter them from horrible business decisions).

tracks from spin off albums or whatever i get. i could maybe understand some of the vocal tracks that used outside artists like koda kumi (real emotion), angela aki (kiss me goodbye), bump of chicken (zero), etc. maybe there's some licensing shenanigans going on there or something. but to zanarkand? kuon? legend of eternal wind? come on now, you own those. why are you paywalling them. to zanarkand made me worried they'd lock down a bunch of well known tracks but it seems like they had some restrait there.

also, disappointments: there's none of hamauzu's dirge of cerberus ost? no 'conditioned to hate' from the ffxv dlc? no cait sith battle theme from mobius (although i'm happy to see anything from it here). come on now, why are you giving me every track i personally want here.

while i am considering the deluxe edition, i'm not sure about the extra super deluxe one with 3(!) season passes based solely on the promise of them releasing these things. it's not the level of work that things like the cancelled ffxv dlc would have needed or something, but square enix's track record of continued support for games hasn't exactly inspired confidence lately. also it's like double the price of the regular edition, might as well see if they actually release everything later. but buying it as a set saves the price of one season pass. so i'm very conflicted because i would like to just play the game now pls

Lex

Administrator
I've triple S'd everything on ultimate and have a bunch of all crits on expert, slowly working my way back through the game song by song to complete the critical charts and clear away the experts then I'll do supremes. I cleared all of the quests, some of them are hella hard.

Got the platinum over the weekend. I've been playing the shit out of this.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
just watching the track preview video from the demo showing snippets of higher difficulties was enough to make me stressed out

i quite like music games. i'm just not very good at them

(still haven't bought this, but as soon as i can find some psn prepaid cards that are in stock i probably will. i will pretend this is my birthday gift to myself only like 2 months late)

Top Bottom