Theory Videos and other interesting shit

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Remake is overt about showing us that Rufus can see the Whispers now, which to me signals that he's going to have a new role in the story moving forward. Since I'm in the "there'll be major story deviations" boat, I have toyed with the idea of Rufus starring in his own chapters. And considering all the abilities he displayed during his fight against Cloud (especially co-op attacks with Dark Star), he's got a lot more going for him in the gameplay department than Reno or Rude.

I'd love it.

Last edited:

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
After watching this video, I still don't understand why would Sephiroth keep being an antagonist, if he broke free of Jenova's control. Or why we hear Sephiroth's voice coming from one of the Whispers when Cloud is sleeping, if Jenova was the one influencing the Whispers.

But as always, a very well made and informative video. Another excelent job from Sleepezi.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
I watched it yesterday (finally). I really liked his theory. It fits SE and Nomura with Memories and Consciousness stuff.

Still, his theory did not explain why the Stamp in Zack scene is different than the other Stamp we see throughout in the game. They (SE) pointed it out as a very important hint to take notice of so who knows.

Let's see how the story turns out in future REMAKE games. I am excited for sure!

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
After watching this video, I still don't understand why would Sephiroth keep being an antagonist, if he broke free of Jenova's control. Or why we hear Sephiroth's voice coming from one of the Whispers when Cloud is sleeping, if Jenova was the one influencing the Whispers.

There is also the argument(in the video) that Sephiroth got all his original memories back in the singularity, represented by him absorbing the memory of Meteor and the Whispers. BUT when the party enters the holographic room in the ShinRa building, Sephiroth uses the room to show them Meteor destroying Midgar, proving he already remembered that.

Like I said before, it's a very well made and entertaining video, full of interesting information. BUT there are things in it, that are directly contradicted by Remake itself.

I would really like to know Seelepzi's thoughts on this.

Last edited:

waw

Pro Adventurer
Like I said before, it's a very well made and entertaining video, full of interesting information. BUT there are things in it, that are directly contradicted by Remake itself.
I think this is the core of these videos. Man, they really do pick up and highlight some awesome, wonderful details. I really do enjoy listening to them, but I don't know if they're every right. They're so wonky and complex and dig far too deep.

lethal01

Lv. 1 Adventurer
There is also the argument(in the video) that Sephiroth got all his original memories back in the singularity, represented by him absorbing the memory of Meteor and the Whispers. BUT when the party enters the holographic room in the ShinRa building, Sephiroth uses the room to show them Meteor destroying Midgar, proving he already remembered that.

Like I said before, it's a very well-made and entertaining video, full of interesting information. BUT there are things in it, that are directly contradicted by Remake itself.

I would really like to know Seelepzi's thoughts on this.

I think the argument was more that Sephiroth remembers himself through the memories of others, Like how Cloud is feeding of Tifa's memories of him. But at the end he regains his own memories of "who he truly is".

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
I think the argument was more that Sephiroth remembers himself through the memories of others, Like how Cloud is feeding of Tifa's memories of him. But at the end he regains his own memories of "who he truly is".
This feels very familiar from somewhere else, but do not know from where. Movie, series, videogame, anime/manga?:shifty:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I think this is the core of these videos. Man, they really do pick up and highlight some awesome, wonderful details. I really do enjoy listening to them, but I don't know if they're every right. They're so wonky and complex and dig far too deep.

There was something Mako said a bit back about preferring this sort of thing to stay in the realm of fanfiction. The reality seems to be it is entirely possible to think so much about certain aspects, and so deeply over certain details, that you can construct an entirely new plot thread out of them. So the line between legitimate speculation and outright fan-fiction becomes increasingly blurred.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean, as long as you're aware of the fact that you're so far in the weeds you're on Route 22 towards Viridian City, there's no harm. :monster:

But some fans really do take theories too seriously and sometimes they forget to adjust their expectations. You see it with a lot of shit (FNAF, Kingdom Hearts, Steven Universe, etc) and it can just cause such unnecessary drama.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
But some fans really do take theories too seriously and sometimes they forget to adjust their expectations. You see it with a lot of shit (FNAF, Kingdom Hearts, Steven Universe, etc) and it can just cause such unnecessary drama.
When you hit the point where you're riling up an angry mob of fans to make your own version of the story to replace the official one because it didn't line up with all your fan theories, you've officially gone too far.

Top Bottom