• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

There's an Official FFVIIR-specific Twitter Account now!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
They converted the old official G-Bike account (FFVII_GBIKE) into a new official Remake-related account (FFVIIR_CLOUD):
https://thelifestream.net/news/4113...r-converted-from-old-official-g-bike-twitter/

If there're any meaningful FFVIIR-related updates from that account, we ought to consolidate / share them into this thread, especially since we can embed directly from Twitter. The only new post currently is this one:

In the future this will likely be a good way for staying on top of news.

X:neo:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Re this Twitter thing, someone on gamefaqs has written:

"So did noone notice that not only did the twitter profile changed but it was Nomura himself who changed it and that he also made a tweet 11 hours ago?
This is what the tweet says.

"(7 days to go)... This year too went by in the blink of an eye, just one more week yet it will feel SO LONG. Then, i am changing it.

-Nomura"

His drawing also says "@7" aka in 7 days.

The video game awards are in 7 days."

Dunno if this is just overthinking things, but maybe Nomura is indeed referring to 7R at The Game Awards in some capacity. Or even if so, he may just be referring to Smash (given the picture) but ... well, who knows? (Not likely at all, I know, but never say never).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, there IS a lot of double meaning with that Tweet, but I think that those assumptions are drawing connections and correlations incorrectly, because of not taking in the proper context. It'd be worth having someone actually fluent in Japanese, rather than just my very mild competence with it, to look the Tweet over before assuming who made the changes, etc.

What I can tell you already is that the Tweet in question is about the fact that Super Smash Brothers Ultimate comes out in 7 days. The game's not only listed in the hashtags, but it's why the art has Kirby, Link, Cloud, & Mario in it. It IS clearly calling out the "7" because of FFVII – but there's enough connection with the countdown to the game's release & the original FF number of the game with Cloud for that to be everything there is to it. Additionally, while this is artwork and an update from Nomura, but the newly listed purpose of this official Twitter account to share collaborations and things connected to FFVII – which also covers this SSBU countdown art completely.

Insofar as I can tell, there's no reason to assume Nomura himself is running that account, just that it's his contribution that they kicked off the account change with – which seems like the best option. The fact that it was converted from a preexisting account is pretty standard for marketing and/or community management, since they'd just be able to instantly take advantage of a subscriber base interested in the same thing, and use that to gain traction with other new followers. I'd say that there's like a 0.02% chance Nomura directly posted it. He most likely provided the quote and the art, and the rest was taken care of by one of the people whose job it is to run these accounts.

To me, the most interesting thing is still that it was changed at all, and that the "FFVII" in the original name was changed to "FFVIIR" for the new one, since those are both deliberately specific to this account and its use, as well as a clear distinction in the connection to the OG vs. the Remake. I'd give it time to put out more content before we make any guesses about what exactly it'll be covering completely, or who's running what.

If I had to guess, making "FFVIIR_CLOUD" was a good way to pull in some attention and activity from SSBU's release, and also to slowly start building up a focal point for the Remake's marketing, that they can leverage. I'd expect this to become the main source of news of any kind before there's announcements with release dates, and the official FFVIIR Twitter accounts get made for the game itself in their respective regions, like FFXV has.

If anything, I'd point to this being a small indication that we're still a ways off from a FFVIIR release date announcement, but they're going to step up with news and cross collaboration to keep fans engaged until they're able to have a proper launch take place with everything they need for it.

X :neo:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Thanks @X-SOLDIER - I agree with your analysis. Whatever the case may be, it is certainly an exciting development for some news to finally trickle down post-KHIII; it just seems to make sense with things aligning with what we already know and recent murmurings ("wait for 7R's turn") and so on.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
My first day of freedom being potentially the first large news break since Magic Monicco would be amazing. I'd have the entire day to talk about it!
Ikr? I mean it's just SO UNLIKELY, but as you put it on Reddit recently SQE have been completely unpredictable since Monaco Magic, you just can't write it off 100% can you?

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
So, there IS a lot of double meaning with that Tweet, but I think that those assumptions are drawing connections and correlations incorrectly, because of not taking in the proper context. It'd be worth having someone actually fluent in Japanese, rather than just my very mild competence with it, to look the Tweet over before assuming who made the changes, etc.

What I can tell you already is that the Tweet in question is about the fact that Super Smash Brothers Ultimate comes out in 7 days. The game's not only listed in the hashtags, but it's why the art has Kirby, Link, Cloud, & Mario in it. It IS clearly calling out the "7" because of FFVII – but there's enough connection with the countdown to the game's release & the original FF number of the game with Cloud for that to be everything there is to it. Additionally, while this is artwork and an update from Nomura, but the newly listed purpose of this official Twitter account to share collaborations and things connected to FFVII – which also covers this SSBU countdown art completely.

Insofar as I can tell, there's no reason to assume Nomura himself is running that account, just that it's his contribution that they kicked off the account change with – which seems like the best option. The fact that it was converted from a preexisting account is pretty standard for marketing and/or community management, since they'd just be able to instantly take advantage of a subscriber base interested in the same thing, and use that to gain traction with other new followers. I'd say that there's like a 0.02% chance Nomura directly posted it. He most likely provided the quote and the art, and the rest was taken care of by one of the people whose job it is to run these accounts.

To me, the most interesting thing is still that it was changed at all, and that the "FFVII" in the original name was changed to "FFVIIR" for the new one, since those are both deliberately specific to this account and its use, as well as a clear distinction in the connection to the OG vs. the Remake. I'd give it time to put out more content before we make any guesses about what exactly it'll be covering completely, or who's running what.

If I had to guess, making "FFVIIR_CLOUD" was a good way to pull in some attention and activity from SSBU's release, and also to slowly start building up a focal point for the Remake's marketing, that they can leverage. I'd expect this to become the main source of news of any kind before there's announcements with release dates, and the official FFVIIR Twitter accounts get made for the game itself in their respective regions, like FFXV has.

If anything, I'd point to this being a small indication that we're still a ways off from a FFVIIR release date announcement, but they're going to step up with news and cross collaboration to keep fans engaged until they're able to have a proper launch take place with everything they need for it.

X:neo:
this is nice and all but you made a multiple paragraph analysis on a simple twitter name change, that's amazing lmao

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
this is nice and all but you made a multiple paragraph analysis on a simple twitter name change, that's amazing lmao
That's just par for the course for X.

Hahaha, Chip is definitely right. :awesomonster:

For context: I really first made a name for myself back on ACF by posting a ridiculously thorough analysis of the old TGS trailer, and calling that the dude in the wheelchair was going to be Rufus Shinra ages before we knew for certain. So, when it comes to hyper-analyzing any little snippet of content when there's very little official information available, I both greatly enjoy doing so as well as have a very long history of it as well.

This one also happened to come on the heels of a lot of speculation about the Remake after changes to FFXV and other recent SE business-related discussions, so there was a lot of passive background to draw on for context.

Just wait till there's actual news, multiples times in months, weeks, and even days! :P

It'll be great! Then I'll get to relax, and spend my time casually sharing pre-confirmed information, and less time squeezing out every ounce of possible analysis out of the tiniest of details. :mon:

X :neo:

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Although, I am getting some sources claiming it's fake.

Attachments

• twitter.png
    twitter.png
    524.7 KB · Views: 13

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah that rumour was posted to the TLS discord as well; there's not much information about it, and the stuff that is is a thread on Reddit that writes it off as likely to be fake. It uses the same font / lettering as the FFXV Uncovered event; I doubt they'd reuse the same font choices for FFVIIR.

Still, one can hope they would do an event like that at some point.

Top Bottom