• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The word Moe. Not the word itself or even it being used to describe women (or men), since, you know, that's kinda how it's supposed to be used, but the sort of cultural hijack it's seen recently.

Used to be, that Moe meant 'it arouses my passions' and truly, a burly man with a mustache could be the most Moe character in a work. Or the hot older teacher. Or even a motorcycle could be totally moe. It wasn't always sexual, it was whatever got you fired up.

Nowadays, it seems the term Moe has largely been hijacked to refer to underage and exploitable kids, little girls, primarily. And it's rage inducing.

So yes, this was prompted by Omega's recent comments to Aki, and I'd like to thank you for actually taking moe back from the ghetto it's been in, and using it to refer to a grown woman.

On a related note- Moe anime as a whole, but let's not get into that now.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
;_;

Ot: come in to work at 430 am
ork super hard to make sure it doesn't get hellishly busy later in the day
go on last break
everything goes to hell

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
wow fuq u

UM WOW YOU GUYS WERE LISTENING TO THE LP SO NOTHING WAS GOING ON ANYWAYS SO NO U.

also last night my parents got stupid drunk and got into some huge arguments (that I won't get into to because it's a long, huge, fucking shit storm) where my Step Dad came down to tell me he was leaving the house and not coming back. I was on Skype at the time so like, dats when Audi thankfully pointed out to me that he was about to drive drunk so I went to deal with that and he did end up staying home so I went back into my room and I just hear shouting, slamming doors, stuff being knocked over. . . Of course, this is all while their kids (12 and 16) are in the damn house. Luckily my step brother was downstairs but my step sister (the 12 year old) was upstairs during all of that crap. I'm not sure if she woke up or not, but all I know is that today when I woke up and went upstairs the kids were gone. Maybe one of them had called home because of this poor behavior, or maybe they went somewhere earlier this morning that I don't know about. *shrugs* All I know is that's fucking irresponsible of them. It's not even about me (since my step dad keeps coming to me drunk and ranting about his secretly broken marriage that hides behind this happy facade) but about their kids. Are you fucking stupid? What compels you to drink beer and wine until you can't think properly when your fucking kids are in the house? Not to mention they are ex alcoholics, I think they're heading down that road again with how trashed and dysfunctional they are behaving and it's just irritating. I never stayed with my Mom longer than a weekend, and every time I've been over they've been happy, fun, loving, and caring. The truth is they're just as fucked up as any other drunkard that's trying to drown their feelings instead of fucking facing them like the adults that they're supposed to be. I'm just really shocked to see the happy family I thought I finally had is actually a train wreck. Now to be honest, I'm not sure which house is better, my Mom's or my Dad's. I have less anxiety at my Mom's still, but at least at my Dad's my Dad is simply just a dick, over here they are actually just... like an extravagant drama novel. *sigh* I just really need to move the fuck out. Hopefully I get some good amounts of money after Christmas that I will put all into saving. Good lord

On a related note- Moe anime as a whole

don't watch CLANNAD

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
why the fuck does feferi get all the fucking hate in the fandom jesus you'd think she went up to some bnfs and killed their dogs personally and the fact that all of this hate is done just to justify what eridan did RLY DOESNT HELP

Fangu

Great Old One
Jesus Karkat, that sounds just absolutely horrible :( :( I don't know what to say. I'm glad my mother never drank much when I was a kid (or even now), drunk parents must be one of the worst things a kid can experience. It's awesome that you are looking forward to when you can live on your own, but I'm sorry your family can be such tards, I mean even if our parents do the stupidest thing, we kids have this ability to love them nevertheless. But it's okay to hate them, really, you have a free pass :(

Also, there seems to be several people with stupid parents on this forum. I'm sorry for you all. Makes my "I never played with you as a kid, almost never hugged you and now never visits you" mother seem like a kitten. (She's improving, though.)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Drawing men's mouths are crap. Especially in color. There's that fine balance of making it look too pink and then the guy will look like he's been messing around in his sister's make up bag, especially if he has long hair, and this one does. I've been droodling with this one for several hours now, and then realized there is just something wrong with the perspective. I'll finish it anyway for practice, but now I just don't have those feelings for it any more :(

I concurr. Man gobs are really difficult, its such a fine balance between giving them a nice looking mouth as opposed to Bert from sesame street with a letterbox mouth, or you end up making them look too feminine like they're wearing lipstick. Worst of all is the dreaded fish lips :lol:

OT: This month has been fucking shit for all the usual raisins and some new raisins too. I wish I had a time machine so I could fast forward to January. I just don't feel like I can do anything right now.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Thanks Fangu~ I don't hate my parents. They did raise me after all, and have done nice things for me. It's just that they make some pretty stupid fucking decisions and I wish they wouldn't. They're supposed to be adults.

why the fuck does feferi get all the fucking hate

Because lol, Eridan fangirls. Also doesn't the fandom fight between Sollux x Feferi and Sollux x Aradia? LTD ALL OVER AGAIN. Just like how Tifa and Aerith get hated. =( Though I've never actually seen anyone hating on Aradia so... xD

but I'm new to the fandom so I haven't seen too much of anything to be fair :'D

AvecAloes

Donator
My Grandma's mental state is declining rapidly and I can't work up the courage to go see her. The knowledge that this makes me a terrible person/granddaughter isn't enough to change my cowardice. I feel so freaking awful because she was always my one constant source of support and encouragement as I was growing up, and I'm too scared to see her now. I hide behind the fact that I live 3 hours away and work every other weekend, but I know I can't keep doing this. I can't.

Fangu

Great Old One
Thanks Fangu~ I don't hate my parents. They did raise me after all, and have done nice things for me. It's just that they make some pretty stupid fucking decisions and I wish they wouldn't. They're supposed to be adults.
Oh no I never meant to imply you did. It's just -- you know, if you for a moment there feel like hating them a little, IMO you can :)
I guess hate is a strong word anyway. With my mother, I just feel overly bitter sometimes when she says something thoughtless and lame. And then it's okay again.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My Grandma's mental state is declining rapidly and I can't work up the courage to go see her. The knowledge that this makes me a terrible person/granddaughter isn't enough to change my cowardice. I feel so freaking awful because she was always my one constant source of support and encouragement as I was growing up, and I'm too scared to see her now. I hide behind the fact that I live 3 hours away and work every other weekend, but I know I can't keep doing this. I can't.
Ah, this so much. This describes things with my mom so well, in so many ways.

now I don't like you because I'm on the verge of tears at work

also I loathe the holidays

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
My dad says dumb things all the time, but I'm easy to forgive him because it's never directed at me (usually at my brother (depressed, unemployed), sometimes sister (overweight)), and he's silly like that. Genetic trait. I take more to my mom though, so :monster:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
At least they let me send your card. <3
They always give me trouble for cards due to my cards being ridiculously oversized/stuffed with shit. Last year they were a bitch to me.

I just finished yours, btw. <3

I wanted to go with a polar bear theme this year, so I bought the cards, then I found out the cute polar bear cutouts I wanted weren't available, so I decorated the inside of cards differently. So yes, this year my cards are like....bipolar. LOL

They always give me trouble for cards due to my cards being ridiculously oversized/stuffed with shit. Last year they were a bitch to me.

I just finished yours, btw. <3

I wanted to go with a polar bear theme this year, so I bought the cards, then I found out the cute polar bear cutouts I wanted weren't available, so I decorated the inside of cards differently. So yes, this year my cards are like....bipolar. LOL

Mine are kind of low tech because I didn't know what to do with them so I made something on photoshop with brushes and then added stickers.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Why does every roller coaster of emotion always end up at fucking depression? And of course, it stays there for a good long while.

I'm losing my passion for a lot of things.

I can't write.

I can't even read.

I barely managed to finish the Game of Thrones HBO show and, although I was temporarily satiated, I still returned to this slump moments after.

I have three finals, all big time bitches worth a ridiculous chunk of my mark and I don't care. I don't give a shit. I haven't started studying and I really don't care if I fail.

I got a placement in a downtown hospital which would have made me happy but again, I can't bring myself to care.

I can't even play video games. Not even Zelda.

Everything has been sapped out of me and I just feel like a rotting corpse right now.

And then there's the matter of my rather pathetic love life just adding more fuel to the fire. But that's something I won't get into because it hurts and I just can't go there right now.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You're not the only one lady.

It's hard for me to even get up in the morning.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Joe having Saints Row 3 but he's not here to play it with me. He still owes me a session with SR2 from like 3 years ago. :(

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
I am not sure which I should be upset about: the fact that I am super-sensitive or the fact that my parents say things that upset me.

Truly, they say derogatory things and then say they don't mean to hurt me. So yeah, I'm not sure what I should think when these issues come up.

*hugs* to Faye and Dacon.

Ghost X

- That when I visit deviantART and I'm downloading something on Mozilla, the download freezes >=(.

- My team has entered a beach volleyball competition with other teams from some association, and the captain given to us from the association has unrepently insulted our team name "because it isn't a volleyball team name", which are apparently supposed to be a play on words of volleyball-related things (eg: "I dig your set"... hurrhurrhurr). I wouldn't mind so much, if he weren't so mean-spirited and not the slightest bit apologetic. He's familiar that we've had the team name for years. Basically it would be like the president of the FA saying Manchester United's name sucks. Completely unprofessional.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I haven't been sick in over 2 years but now I'm starting to get sick the day before I start my finals, lovely.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Made turron (without almonds) to test the recipe. Apart from possibly using too much egg white it seemed fine. Except now I feel sick from eating a bit too much of something that is essentially just honey and sugar :sadpanda:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom