• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
I've been telling my boss for weeks that I have finals on Wednesday and can't work that day. Find out today that I'm scheduled to work that way and now I'm scrambling to find someone to trade shifts with.

Last edited:

Alexia Ashford

SOMEONE IN THE CORRIDOR?
AKA
Konneh
At work today I was in the jewelry department, which is 2 pay grades higher than I get paid so I SHOULDN'T be in Jewelry anyway, but whatever.
But anyway I was ringing this guy up. He'd bought a couple things along with the necklace he was getting. Well he noticed that the cookie sheets he was buying had rung up a dollar more than the shelf said they were. He brought me the label as proof and he was right. I told him I would refund the cookie sheets and ring them up again for the dollar off of each of them. So I did that. No problems.
But no
He wanted it all on 1 receipt. He didn't like that he now had two receipts. So that meant I had to refund both transactions, item by item and ring them all up again.
So I did that.
But now he didn't have proof of the returns. There was no customer copy.
1 1/2 hours and 2 differently ranked members of management later we finally got his shit sorted out an he left with a gift card on top of it for his time.

.... I just... grrr. I'm fried.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
why is shopping so stressful how is it that people simply asking if i need anything freaks me out so bad why am i still thinking about this

sits quietly in my own lonely corner

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
1 1/2 hours and 2 differently ranked members of management later we finally got his shit sorted out an he left with a gift card on top of it for his time. .... I just... grrr. I'm fried.

Sometimes, I really think some customers aren't worth the time of day (or night).

Of course, you don't want to let them know that (unless they become abusive) because then you've lost a customer.

Still, I read you. *hugs* I feel for you too. Been there, done that. :(

why is shopping so stressful how is it that people simply asking if i need anything freaks me out so bad why am i still thinking about this...

Sounds like you're having a major panic attack. I hope you calm down and feel better soon. *hugs*

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
So a friend of mine was driving home from work at 1:45am and he almost hit a guy on the side of the street. He pulled over to see if the guy was okay, the guy then proceeded to get into his car and hold a knife to my friend. Well, then he had my friend drive him around to drug deals and forced him to buy cigarettes. Eventually my friend had went home (with the guy) and had a lot of his electronics stolen and a lot of his money too. (now missing: his laptop, lasar pointers, gamecube, cellphone, and other various things) Once it was over, my friend then calls the cops. They ARREST him for lying and interrogate him. Now he has a court date and if things don't go well he could go to jail for 'making it all up'. Why the fuck would he lie? It's really such bullshit. :/
Also my friend is pretty fucking tramatized, he was telling me on the phone that he will never feel safe again and how afraid he is to go to jail, and his girlfriend is just as hysterical. She was at his house when he and the guy were there, and the guy was taking their things. Soo ... yeah. :/ I'm pissed off at the idiot on the street, but I'm also pissed off at the cops. Why would someone call you up hysterical, just to LIE about their things being stolen? Fuck them.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
So a friend of mine was driving home from work at 1:45am and he almost hit a guy on the side of the street. He pulled over to see if the guy was okay, the guy then proceeded to get into his car and hold a knife to my friend. Well, then he had my friend drive him around to drug deals and forced him to buy cigarettes. Eventually my friend had went home (with the guy) and had a lot of his electronics stolen and a lot of his money too. (now missing: his laptop, lasar pointers, gamecube, cellphone, and other various things) Once it was over, my friend then calls the cops. They ARREST him for lying and interrogate him. Now he has a court date and if things don't go well he could go to jail for 'making it all up'. Why the fuck would he lie? It's really such bullshit. :/
Also my friend is pretty fucking tramatized, he was telling me on the phone that he will never feel safe again and how afraid he is to go to jail, and his girlfriend is just as hysterical. She was at his house when he and the guy were there, and the guy was taking their things. Soo ... yeah. :/ I'm pissed off at the idiot on the street, but I'm also pissed off at the cops. Why would someone call you up hysterical, just to LIE about their things being stolen? Fuck them.

Wow... Wat da fuqq da police?! Y U NO DO UR JOB PROPERLY?!

This cop are sick. This story adds to my headache. :(

1234931504682.jpg

lol yeah. i won't let this thing bring me down but it did made me seriously pissed. :P

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
"Hey man, I know you've been really stressed out lately and I really hate adding more to your plate, but you really pissed me off a while back and it'd be really cool if we could just sort this out so we can go back to being friends again without it being forced and awkward."

"Oh right haha sure if I can find the time anyways good night."

"Oh... okay. Good night."

sigh way to just... be super callous...

whatever never mind... it's so stupid I just feel really belittled :sadpanda:

Wow this is

Bothering me way more than I was trying to let it.

Christ i never knew someone could have a such a knack at making me feel this shitty without even trying.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

what? Are you okay? That's so awful >_<
I'm so sorry to hear that... ugh... stupid cops. Isn't there anything you can do? I'm assuming you also tried to tell this cop that right? What about the GF? Does he honestly think all 3 of you are making it up?
EDIT

OH I thought you said he was driving YOU home from work at 1:45.. .okay I'm glad you weren't there. STILL sorry about your friend though. Jesus that's awful.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Well now that I know that Celes didn't have a knife to HER throat, I'll post what I came to post originally

I felt really bad at work for two reasons.

1. Some lady had called complaining that her order was late... we told her 45 minutes to an hour and the first time she called, according to the computer, it had only been 37 minutes. I mean come on... the second time she called it had been closer to an hour but still not quite. I told her this and the computer said she had called 50 minutes ago and she insisted she had called at 4:45 when the computer said he had called and placed her order at 5:10. None of the other orders had been late at all so this made no sense to me. Having really getting sick of BS liars, I was kind of rude to her. I didn't give her any discounts, or free stuff for next time or any of that. It seems like I'm always doing that and I've just had it with people trying to get free stuff. So she got zippo from me. When the driver came back from that run, it was the same guy who took the call. I told him the lady was trying to get free stuff and lied about when she called....

well it turns out, she really DID call initially at 4:45, but she had called BACK at 5:10 to order some ranch dressing to go with her order. SO the computer was telling me the second time she called, not the first. :(
I felt awful, I almost called her back to apologize but I didn't have time. So yeah we probably lost THAT customer >_<
But who freaks out about a pizza like that anyway :awesome:

2. A guy we call Seabass (cause his full name is Sebastian see? :monster:) took an order over the phone today and the person gave him a credit card. Now we need to know the expiration date and type it in as a number (like if it's April 2014, we need to type 0414) and after he took the order he said something like, "I always feel weird asking them for what number the month is." Personally, I hate it when they give me the month name as well, because then I have to count it in my head really fast. I told him to just count it in his head as fast as he could and he said he didn't know the orders of the months. I honestly thought he was kidding because people are always telling me stuff like this then going, "LOL JAY KAY!" after I believe them. I must have asked him three times if he was serious before I realized... he was totally serious.

So I feel bad if I made him feel like an idiot. Cause he's not. I just really can't imagine what it's like getting by not knowing that. But if you can, that's awesome :monster:
It's like I want to ask him more questions about it but I don't want to make him feel bad... if I did. Maybe I didn't, it's hard to tell with him.

It was just over all a day of making others and myself feel bad. Well I guess there's always tomorrow... maybe I'll make Seabass some cupcakes or something :monster:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
This essay.

I know what I'm writing on and writing about. I've read all the books and criticism, and with the critics/theories I've marked all the quotes out and stuff.

But the actual novels and play.... NOW I HAVE TO TRUDGE THROUGH THEM AGAIN TO FIND RELEVANT QUOTES goddamnit. I know whereabouts i each texts the quotes I need are, but I can never seem to find them.

GODDAMN YOU ANGRY YOUNG MEN I never thought I could get so stressed out by Look Back in Anger or Room at the Top.
But you, Lucky Jim, you I'll love forever.

Ghost X

why is shopping so stressful how is it that people simply asking if i need anything freaks me out so bad why am i still thinking about this

sits quietly in my own lonely corner

- Shopping itself (yes, grocery shopping) I think is awesome and quite relaxing. What I find annoying is when people I live with continually ask me what I want. My usual shopping list has not changed for YEARS. Even someone with the memory of a sift should remember this (but apparently not).

I don't need variety in my diet, I have enough of it, and processed meat and chocolate or salty snacks is definitely not the variety I want! People wonder why they get fat, its because they buy shit food and either live on energy or soft/fizzy drink.

- Related to the above, people who can't take "no" for an answer.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Thinking you know someone well until they turn around and stop talking to you all of a sudden.

It angers me how gullible I can be sometimes.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Pretty sure my laptop battery is on it's last leg of life. :c My laptop beeps every time it gets unplugged, and unplugged it lasts for about a minute, sometimes less. Well now today the touch pad stopped working, it made some REALLY weird noises I've never heard before, and it shuts down randomly from over heating or not having enough power so yeeah. Probably going to take my lappie to Best Buy Tuesday and figure out what kind of battery I need. Hopefully I am right and the fried battery I have now is the cause of all these problems. Not sure what else it could be, though.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I feel your pain here.

Laptop batteries are one of the biggest pains in the arse just because of how expensive they can be.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally gutted if it turns out to have other and even more expensive problems to deal with.

Ghost X

^ My laptop battery has been fairly well behaved. I'm glad it hasn't exploded on me or anything. My issue is the laptop itself. Its like a dinosaur these days. It will randomly decide to freeze for a few minutes at a time, pausing in deep thought, asking the big questions about life, I'm sure. It never used to do it.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
tiff don't worry too much i replaced my laptop battery before and it wasn't too difficult or expensive

in other news the bank decided not to finance the car i was going to buy and now i've paid progressive $350 to insure a car i can't purchase and i don't know how to get that money back

also i owe the commonwealth of virginia $200 i literally do not have

i honestly don't know what i'm going to do

rockstar thing won't work out afterall

there's too many solid things I need to give up for the opportunity that put me in a big risk. mainly with money and now that I live on my own I can't just risk taking a job like this like I could have living with my parents.

it's okay though. disappointing, but okay.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
BEING GIVEN ONE WEEK TO WRITE A FUCKING 5 PAGE ACADEMIC PAPER ON THE STATE OF WOMEN AND SCIENCE FOR MY WOMEN STUDIES 307 CLASS FDSCXGEQGEW COME ON

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
That I have to wait another month (and a half - round a'bout) for Final Fantasy XIII-2!!!

More seriously, not so much something that pisses me off (though it does), but something that wrenches my heart: When I see a person who has posted a horrible and cruel comment to someone else (on Facebook, etc.)

I don't understand the appeal of making someone else feel horrible to make one's self feel good.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
It is both pleasing and vexing to see that all the things I worried about, lost sleep over, reflected upon, and feared were not baseless or without reason. It's nice to be right, of course, it's just...really unfortunate when it's about bad things.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
FOR FUCKS SAKE

Here I am trying to take a leak, and I walk to the bathroom door, and what happens?

I GET A GIANT FUCKING NEED IN MY FOOT

WHY THE FUCK WAS THERE A NEEDLE IN THE CARPET

ONE OF THE FUCKING KIDS COULD HAVE STEPPED ON IT

!@#%%^%&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom