This is what 500 hours of Final Fantasy VII Remake looks like

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
After four long and extremely eventful months, I'm ready to unleash this labor of love to the public.

Even if you were following along with my playthrough in the other thread, please give this a look. There's a music component that is entirely new. I'll let the video speak for itself. However, if you're in a hurry, I recommend the first and the last 3 minutes. Headphones are a must.

In truth, this entire project has been an elaborate scheme to get more people to listen to Black Materia by Mega Ran, a woefully underappreciated album series in the FF7 community. It can be found anywhere where there's music, including Spotify. Mega Ran is also creating a new EP for Rebirth, which is currently in the funding stage via Kickstarter. To sum up how I feel about the album: the quality of the lyrics, the beats, and the heart behind them have stuck with me for years. Black Materia is, in my opinion, the best piece of fan work on FF7 out there. It elevates the source material and offers a fresh perspective into the world of Final Fantasy VII. If at least one person becomes a fan of Mega Ran's music because of this video, then I'll consider it a resounding success.

Thanks for watching. Ready for Rebirth.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Quick reply: Thanks for the heads up about Mega Ran, I didn't know he had a kickstarter! I love his VII album, I think one of the first threads I made on this forum was about it (or at least it was a post :P)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Amazing video!! Love the editing and the boss runs. And hell yeah to the Black Materia album, one of the greats.

Top Bottom