• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Thor [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I wasn't really impressed tbqh.
The reveal just felt like a last minute attempt to M. Night Shyamalan the readers, and avoid providing any explanation for the whole Original Sin fiasco, or cover why the bedside attendants for Asgardian medical care are so poor that they don't notice their terminal cancer patient who is on archaic medicine disappearing right from under their noses.

I'm left to assume that she's refusing medical treatment from them, because -- being Asgardian -- they'd be able to establish a causal link to Mjolnir being the source of her cancer or something, but it's really just... It all feels like a careful way to avoid giving any real answers, which is annoying as fuck for a story that's so good otherwise.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Pretty much exactly what I was feeling, at least on that front about
Jane's attendants not noticing that she disappears. Not that I was expecting explanations for the "Original Sin" unworthiness development here (Jason Aaron said a number of months ago to expect the identity of the new Thor to be revealed before the whisper got explained), but I was expecting an explanation for this and for how Jane came to be the one standing on the Moon.

Ultimately, I don't care about the whisper (what's important about it is what it established for the Odinson, and what he then did with it), but I did want these explanations.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Also,
why the hell is maintaining a secret identity so important that she needs to keep sending Mjölnor away and returning back to feeble cancer Jane from being the god-powered Thor? That bit makes no damn sense to me.

Also, what Heimdall's deal with all of this nonsense going on IN ASGARD?

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I haven't even read the new issue yet. I wasn't even super into Thor before all of this.

But I kind of feel a little disappointed that she's Jane Foster. I looked up Roz and she seemed cool.

But idk maybe I'll get used to it.

Or maybe I just don't like Natalie Portman and if this happens in the movies it will be her. :sadpanda:

Top Bottom