Timeline Thread

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Did anybody else find the timeline to be incredibly fucked up? Traveling cross-country, hell cross-continent in very slow vehicles like boats and trucks alone should take up most of the time alone. That's one major point for FFXII, it was very consitent timeline wise. This is a general timeline discussion thread, anything that seems out of place... go ahead. I think the game should've taken anywhere from one to two years.

Discuss.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah, I always thought the time taken to do the things in the game were pretty dumb. Things happen too fast.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Agreed. I believe the official time between beginning and end of the original game is supposed to be a month, which is just way too short of a period to travel the world, many times over - the first time mainly on foot! I think it would take a few months to a year to do all that; Gaia must be a very small planet for it to just take one month! Of course, there were other inconsistencies to reality as well - one of which being only around nine or ten villages/towns/cities in the whole of the planet.

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Of course, there were other inconsistencies to reality as well - one of which being only around nine or ten villages/towns/cities in the whole of the planet.

All RPGs are like that-obviously there are more villages/towns/cities in the game, but only the ones vital to the storyline are displayed. Supplemental material for many RPGs reference cities/towns never visited in their respective games.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
All RPGs are like that-obviously there are more villages/towns/cities in the game, but only the ones vital to the storyline are displayed. Supplemental material for many RPGs reference cities/towns never visited in their respective games.

Yeah, I figured. Still, does the FFVII Ultimania say anything about other towns for VII? Well, besides those covered in Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus (if you can count underneath Midgar a separate town...)?

Last edited:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Nah, while I'm sure they exist, FFVII was never really good at covering information on world history/culture and background.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
Yeah, I figured. Still, does the FFVII Ultimania say anything about other towns for VII? Well, besides those covered in Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus (if you can count underneath Midgar a separate town...)?

No, there's no mention of any other towns in the Ultimania guides except for those presented in the games.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
physics basically destroys that whole small planet thing. im pretty sure that all life on the planet is scaled to fit the planet.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Clearly there are more towns and places in FFVII than the world map of FFVII displays.

You can't find Modeoheim, Banora's ruins or Fort Tanabrin in FFVII can you? :awesomonster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Clearly there are more towns and places in FFVII than the world map of FFVII displays.

You can't find Modeoheim, Banora's ruins or Fort Tanabrin in FFVII can you? :awesomonster:

Yes you can, you need to get fifty Black Chocobos to breed with resurrected Aeris with some help of a dozen 1/8th soldiers (or something), which produces a Blackwatch Plaid chocobo. Breed a dozen of those, then breed those with Ruby and Diamond weapon's hidden love child (which you can find by spending 500 hours doing laps of the planet in the airship) to get a 'Cover of Rush's seminal album "Moving Pictures"'-chocobo. You can ride that to Modeoheim / Branora / Tanabrin / R'lyeh and over fifty other locations, each unlocking a hawt lesbian sex CG scene and hidden messages left by the developers, such as 'If we ever doing a sequel to this one, I'll include even more lesbian sex', 'I was going to throw in a random kid, but the bosses told me to wait for that until we can chuck him into a sequel where he makes no sense whatsoever', 'Seph is my own homoerotic fantasy', and 'CTHULHU FHTAGN!'.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Yes you can, you need to get fifty Black Chocobos to breed with resurrected Aeris with some help of a dozen 1/8th soldiers (or something), which produces a Blackwatch Plaid chocobo. Breed a dozen of those, then breed those with Ruby and Diamond weapon's hidden love child (which you can find by spending 500 hours doing laps of the planet in the airship) to get a 'Cover of Rush's seminal album "Moving Pictures"'-chocobo. You can ride that to Modeoheim / Branora / Tanabrin / R'lyeh and over fifty other locations, each unlocking a hawt lesbian sex CG scene and hidden messages left by the developers, such as 'If we ever doing a sequel to this one, I'll include even more lesbian sex', 'I was going to throw in a random kid, but the bosses told me to wait for that until we can chuck him into a sequel where he makes no sense whatsoever', 'Seph is my own homoerotic fantasy', and 'CTHULHU FHTAGN!'.

^ This was all added to the game to distract you so you don't hear that the monitoring station is in Iowa.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Actually, that's a lie. The monitoring station isn't anywhere as boring as Iowa.

It's in Colorado.

It's a lovely place, but the decoration scheme's a bit dated.

Top Bottom