TLS and Social Networking

Lex

Administrator
So, we're putting some effort in to draw attention to the site, bring new people to the forums and just publicise the place as much as possible.

A big part of that is obviously social networking. You've probably all seen Danseru's Tumblr thread, but I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate the pages we've got so everyone can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter etc.

I'll keep this post updated as new things develop.

The Google+ page has just been created, as has the Tumblr. I'll be trying to get as many people as possible involved with the G+ page over the weekend.

Flintlock will be writing a Front Page post regarding the social networking stuff when the Tumblr and G+ accounts have enough content. I'm going to whack some more stuff into the G+ over the coming days in the same way I've been keeping the Twitter updated.

Anyway, Like, Follow, Subscribe and Add to promote TLS please!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Google just mailed me if I wanted to approve attaching thelifestream.net to that G+ page, :monster:.

Lex

Administrator
Yeah, I sent that request via G+. I meant to mention this to you today but I've been in uni all day and you just signed off. I'm hoping you approved it? Hahaha.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Rule #34 variation #157: There are boob pictures for every unrelated term you fill in google image search with safe search off. No exceptions.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
One time my uncle was scarred for life after googling 'candlesticks' with safesearch off. True story.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I registered on google+, but i still cant view that page. It automatically redirects

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Hm, same for me, although it shows for like half a second before vanishing again.

Pretty sure G+'s fooked or something.

Lex

Administrator
It might be the link I posted. I'll try to get another one sorted out at some point.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Hey look at the tumblr account now: http://thelifestreamforums.tumblr.com/

It has been revamped by eleamaya but she needs feedback

Also, the tumblr needs a FAQ so that we don't answer questions again and again. Some people are already reacting negatively to TLS' presence in tumblr, they say it's like a "plague"

We should put things like

"This tumblr will only post news and reblog FF stuff but will not offer its opinion or act as a mediator on matters and disputes present in tumblr since TLS is made up of different individuals.

Last edited:

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I just posted this:

Notice to followers:

This tumblr blog will only repost news regarding Final Fantasy and articles originating from the main site but it will not offer its reactions, opinions, criticisms or act as a mediator in any of the following:

• Disputes and disagreements present in tumblr between different blogs or individuals
  • Reviews, essays, opinions or reactions of individuals regarding Final Fantasy
  • Reviews, essays, opinions or reactions of individuals regarding other fans’ perspectives, including what is published in our main site
  • Debates on what’s canon or not, including that of the love triangle
  • Debates on what is excellent, poor, mediocre and whether a title deserves hate or love
  • Any other problems regarding the people involved in the fandom
The Lifestream.net, knowns as TLS, a site made by many individuals have different perspectives and therefore we believe this tumblr extension should not represent the views of all of our members.
Any concerns or questions submitted will be forwarded into the main site, and you are free to join the forums yourself if you want a lengthy discussion. Members are also willing to engage in a one-on-one conversation if you have concerns on what they write or create.
A FAQ is currently in progress, but if have any questions that are not answerable by our available articles, you are free to ask them.

BTW the blog has now 22 followers, it gained more than 10 when it posted its first post.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Looking pretty awesome. I don't know a lot about Tumblr, to be quite honest, but I already feel pretty sure the page looks good and is laid out well by whatever the standards are.

And good job with posting that notice. If someone has a beef with something written on TLS, they need to bring it here.

Lex

Administrator
As I said in the other thread, posted the link to this on the G+ and Twitter accounts, so hopefully that helps to bring the numbers up across the board.

A few people have added TLS to G+ but I think it's going to require a bit more effort on my part to add lots of random FFVII-related pages. I still need to get used to it too, but it seems quite intuitive.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Facebook allows people and pages to have usernames, which creates a short URL. At the moment, our Facebook page is at facebook.com/pages/TheLifestreamnet/183331408350917, but we should be able to change that into facebook.com/thelifestream.net via this page. There's a problem, though; when I try to do it, it says "Something's gone wrong. We're working to get it fixed as soon as we can." Every time. I'd rather publicise the short URL, so I'll hold back with the social networking front page post until we've got it sorted. Pixel, could you try?

Pixel

The Pixie King
Keeps giving me this

You are using Facebook as TheLifestream.net
To access this page, you'll need to switch from using Facebook as your page to using Facebook as yourself.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
If you go to the Lifestream's page, does it say "You are posting, commenting and liking as TheLifestream.net — Change to Joseph Knight"? If so, you could try clicking that, and then going to the username page. But I didn't have to do that, so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom