TLS Awards '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Thanks Dacon, your helpfulness is staggering. Just please post something bearing a passing resemblance to being on topic or don't post.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Let me be more clear then.

Everyone knock it off.
No.

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that this is a joke - or that the matter will be allowed to be dropped, ignored, or excused. Let me be more clear.

This is not a joke.

You might want to take note of the fact that Ryu has not denied any of what I said - just that it is taking this somewhere insane. Which is true, because that is what that behavior is. Insane.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I can only wonder where this thread will take us next.
You're waiting for a post. You know where you hope this post will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter. Why doesn't it matter?

BBBRRRRMMMMM

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I know how people in the forums like to get a little off track, but this is fucking absurd.

Do what the mod asks for once and take this crap to a new thread where you can argue with Ryu all you want, and keep this Awards thread clean of this stupid shit.

I personally don't want to see it.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
DUDE. RYUSHIKAZE IS NOT A GODDAMN PEDOPHILE.

THIS IS BEYOND STUPID NOW.

Get back on topic here about the rewards and quit throwing insane accusations and shit to pass the boredom. This thread's gonna get locked if people can't stop acting immature.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I don't think anybody on the entire forum has the right to say 'lets get this thread back on track' after letting it go 10 pages without any discussion of awards or people actually casting or showing us their votes. Instead letting it descend into some monstrously unfunny 'who can make the lamest joke award contest LOL' and general spam.

I think people would be far more likely to listen if you'd decided to crack the 'lets get back on topic' whip a half dozen pages sooner and not just when Ryu's feelings got hurt.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I've been gone about a week. I honestly don't give a shit about anyone's feelings being hurt. The thread's degenerated into bedlam and it's to the point that people unrelated to the shit are getting annoyed. So everyone please. Quit the bullshit, get back on topic, and find something more interesting than riding L's joke past the point of any hope of humor.

This is the award thread, not "Lynch the Imaginary Kiddy-Fiddler" thread.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Alex, its got nothing to do with Ryu's feelings, its when the thread was completely hijacked some stupid-ass argument and insult-slinging. Now just forget it and post on topic.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't think anybody on the entire forum has the right to say 'lets get this thread back on track'

Oh so let's continue doing all this stuff about Ryu!

That'll help get the thread back on track!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Oh so let's continue doing all this stuff about Ryu!

That'll help get the thread back on track!

Herp derp, because that's what I said? :huh: I'm sorry, genuinely baffled by this one.

I'm just saying that if you were expecting to be taken to be seriously about forcing this thread to get back on topic, waiting until people have gone 'too far' when there has been about 10 pages of off-topic/spam/unfunny posts that have come before that went totally ignored, might not have been the best move.

(To keep this post from being off-topic, I'll say that the batshit bananas behaviour up in this hizzle has barred all of the staff who posted in this thread so far from getting nominated for my 'Best Super Mod' vote :oscar:)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't think anybody on the entire forum has the right to say 'lets get this thread back on track' after letting it go 10 pages without any discussion of awards or people actually casting or showing us their votes. Instead letting it descend into some monstrously unfunny 'who can make the lamest joke award contest LOL' and general spam.

I think people would be far more likely to listen if you'd decided to crack the 'lets get back on topic' whip a half dozen pages sooner and not just when Ryu's feelings got hurt.

Except for that part where my feelings were never hurt. Omega's delusional rantings- is that enough of an explicit denial for you, Omy?- are absurd and exasperating, but the screeching of madmen have never been something let hurt my feelings.

Has it ever occurred to you lot that we tend to try and flex out muscle softly first? If that's not enough, we could always become more draconian. I'm sure you'd love that.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's one of those big words people hate me using. Well fucking deal.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Worst thread ever award goes to....

I tried my best to get back on topic. But it turned into another unfunny joke. Story of my life.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Except for that part where my feelings were never hurt. Omega's delusional rantings- is that enough of an explicit denial for you, Omy?- are absurd and exasperating, but the screeching of madmen have never been something let hurt my feelings.

Has it ever occurred to you lot that we tend to try and flex out muscle softly first? If that's not enough, we could always become more draconian. I'm sure you'd love that.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's one of those big words people hate me using. Well fucking deal.

Settle down sunshine, people are trying to get this thread back on topic.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
whoa guys i actually have a job here what the hey

Alright, I'm going to come halfway here so everyone can be happy. I'm gonna close this topic, and restart a new one. The new topic will be used exclusively to discuss/publicly nominate individuals for the TLS Awards; that way, the community event isn't derailed and it'll still go on without a hitch. In return, whoever wants to make a separate topic about the current discussion, can. I won't personally intervene in that; however, I can't be held responsible if another member (s) of the moderation staff disagrees. I believe that everyone has the 'right' to call out and be called out equally, so I'll let you guys handle that one.

I want everyone to get a fair shake. Sounds cool? If not, PM me and I'll try to work something else out. Suggest something, even. For now, I'll lock this topic, make a new one, and you guys can feel free to continue the current discussion in the appropriate spot on the forums. Think about it though, if the topic of discussion isn't worth making a new one on, it's not a big deal if I close it. However, if it is, I won't stop you either.

Literally everyone should be happy with this solution, so chillz out, ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom