• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

I just want to say my criticisms towards the awards have all been meant to be constructive. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying Force shouldn't have been in charge of them. I just think that the system he used was a bit overwhelming and that there's ways to make that better.

I think only like ten people nominated this year.
Force told me it was closer to 20, and even then there seems to have been some confusion with the fact that they had to be PMed so there were more than even that of people who wanted to put in their nominations.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Well, either way, when you consider that a lot of nominations are likely to be duplicates, allowing five per category isn't really that excessive. If you only allow one or two nominations per category, you're going to get a lot more duplicates and a lot more people who might have a shot at winning that won't be nominated. I know from experience that people who wouldn't have been nominated if there were only one nomination allowed per category per person can win awards contests.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
I just want to say my criticisms towards the awards have all been meant to be constructive. I don't want anyone to think I'm saying Force shouldn't have been in charge of them. I just think that the system he used was a bit overwhelming and that there's ways to make that better.

I don't think anyone took it that way. :3 No worries.

@ Aaron - people nominated five people per category this year. For some categories it might work because sometimes people don't always know who to nominate. But other categories have a ton of people in them. idk it seems silly to me to have 30 people in a category if people don't plan on voting for them.

I understand what you're saying but at the same time that's what we're looking at for this year and it's pretty obvious even if Force hadn't had issues with missing people there's still categories with way too many people to vote for per people who will vote.

If you nominate someone you don't plan on voting for, then what's the point of them getting a nomination? The people who spend the entire month not nominating at all probably don't care enough about it and would just rather vote for who does get nominated if they vote in the awards at all.

Either way I think if there must be more than one then what Tifabelle said about 2-3 would be more reasonable.

Also, if you are worried about not enough variety in nominations because of people not posting them (which I think most people did this year), then you could always have an updating nomination list. That way too people can verify if their nomination had been put on the most updated list before the threads are even made. If you can see a list being updated frequently during the nominations then you'll know if the person you wanted to vote for has been nominated or if you should nominate them yourself.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Split out bitching and changed title back to normal.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
So like, instead of going through the absolute charade of nominations next year. Maybe whoever is in charge of making the polls could just, idk, completely make shit up and pull names out of their ass. At least that way the polls would feel more honest and instead of a few people getting shafted due to carelessness and/or sheer sloth then everybody would be getting the shaft.

I'm sure that if every staff member took it upon themselves to invent the nominees for 5 or 6 awards each then we would probably end up with a greater spread of candidates too and not just the ones the topic creator thought were good enough to end up on the poll
this may or may not be an attempt to prove that im the best dramawhore on tls and a genuine contender for the award. im not really being serious here.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
There was a concept that brooke proposed last night, but it got shafted so hard. We should look into that as well as my man's proposal above my post.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Im all for next year we just don't have the shitty popularity contest.
Easiest way to stop the drama.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Im all for next year we just don't have the shitty popularity contest.
Easiest way to stop the drama.
Naaahhhhhh. Drama made the board more active. It's a necessary thing.

I think we should keep the contest, but instead have everyone vote for me for everything. That's a good compromise.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
So like, instead of going through the absolute charade of nominations next year. Maybe whoever is in charge of making the polls could just, idk, completely make shit up and pull names out of their ass. At least that way the polls would feel more honest and instead of a few people getting shafted due to carelessness and/or sheer sloth then everybody would be getting the shaft.

I'm sure that if every staff member took it upon themselves to invent the nominees for 5 or 6 awards each then we would probably end up with a greater spread of candidates too and not just the ones the topic creator thought were good enough to end up on the poll
this may or may not be an attempt to prove that im the best dramawhore on tls and a genuine contender for the award. im not really being serious here.

Hey i'd be happy if the awards don't take 3-4 months this time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So who's gonna reboot the threads now that we have pictoral evidence and people can make proper votes

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think we're going to wait a couple more days to see if anyone else posts pics first :monster: That said, I'll take care of it soon. I know at least two people have said they're going to post additional pics though so I want to give them time to post :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
No excuses, now stop whinging and get your baps out for all to oggle at!
Oh yeah and for the impending best ass fred you best damn use the pic with my name on it XD

Top Bottom