• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Awards 2012 Discussion Thread

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
So I guess I'm going to be handling these this year since Force isn't on staff anymore. Should we discuss categories or should I just use most of the same ones we used last time?

That said, one thing we as staff agreed on is that we're not going to have any negative awards this time around though, so stuff like "Biggest Drama Whore" is out. Awards like that are really just a passive-aggressive way for people to insult each other, which is against the rules, so it's not really setting a good example to have them.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If anything, both promote and warn about the poastage of n00dz, imho :monster:.

Not sure if there's anything we can do to not make it a popularity contest. Although the population has changed a bit since last time.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I wasn't here last year, so I had to look up what the categories were. I'll post them here to save everyone else the trouble:

01. Best Male Member:
02. Best Female Member:
03. Best Site Staff:
04. Hottest Female:
05. Hottest Male:
06. Nicest:
07. Meanest:
08. Funniest:
09. Best Avatar:
10: Best Signature:
11. Most Predictable:
12. Most Likely to get Banned:
13. Most Improved:
14. Best n00b:
15. Best Quality Poster:
16. Biggest Drama Whore:
17. Most Annoying:
18. Most Helpful:
19. Most Knowledgeable about FF:
20. Most Active:
21. Most Missed:
22. Member You'd Most Like to Meet IRL:
23. Bounciest Boobies:
24. Most Pistoning pen0r:
25. Least Likely to get an Award:

There also seem to have been a few extra awards, like "best ship" and "most likely to post drunk", which aren't on that list.

My thoughts:

1. Why do we need separate "best member" awards for males and females? I can understand it for the "hottest" categories, but it's not the same.

2. Some of the awards seem a bit bland or vague. The "nicest" award, for example, has turned into a popularity contest on every forum I've ever been on, regardless of which members are actually nice (in the kind/gentle/caring sense). Best avatar and signature awards are always a bit strange, too, as people change theirs all the time.

3. I understand the desire to get rid of the negative categories, but I hope we'll keep the ones that merely poke fun at people in a light-hearted way, like "most predictable" and "most likely to get banned".

4. New categories are always good, to keep things interesting. I'll try and think of some :)

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I wasn't here last year, so I had to look up what the categories were. I'll post them here to save everyone else the trouble:

There also seem to have been a few extra awards, like "best ship" and "most likely to post drunk", which aren't on that list.

My thoughts:

1. Why do we need separate "best member" awards for males and females? I can understand it for the "hottest" categories, but it's not the same.

2. Some of the awards seem a bit bland or vague. The "nicest" award, for example, has turned into a popularity contest on every forum I've ever been on, regardless of which members are actually nice (in the kind/gentle/caring sense). Best avatar and signature awards are always a bit strange, too, as people change theirs all the time.

3. I understand the desire to get rid of the negative categories, but I hope we'll keep the ones that merely poke fun at people in a light-hearted way, like "most predictable" and "most likely to get banned".

4. New categories are always good, to keep things interesting. I'll try and think of some :)

Maybe we can keep a the best male member and best female member awards, and then have a best member overall one as well.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
can we hav an aword for besst speling? Also most unintentionally hilarious spambot and the WTF award for best non sequitur.

/rambling

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I suggest the category named Bounciest boobies be changed to the Tenny Award in honor of our 3 time champion. :monster: We had some good suggestions for new categories last year that could be used this year.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
1 r t3h 1337 h4x0r li3k emin3m, u r n00b &nd r t3h sux0r & 1 pwn y00z.

Also, if bounciest boobies etc are done this time, videos are obligatory or nominated peoplez are disqualified, :monster:.

Also, some concern was noted earlier in the IRC; perhaps we should have a poll beforehand about whether we should do the awards at all this year.

AvecAloes

Donator
Flint said:

Well, I for one can say that I the person I voted for in the "nicest member" category I did genuinely just regard as nice, not necessarily popular. Especially at the time of voting.

Yop said:
Also, if bounciest boobies etc are done this time, videos are obligatory or nominated peoplez are disqualified

SECONDED.

Yop said:
Also, some concern was noted earlier in the IRC; perhaps we should have a poll beforehand about whether we should do the awards at all this year.

Well, I think it could still be kind of fun, although it may also be true that half the fun was born of the dramz that accompanied it, which of course would probably not be the case this year, as most of the people involved in dramz have since peaced. :wacky:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
pics or gtfo

[/obligatory lowering of IQ and vocabulary when faced with the tiny possibility of exposure to bewbs]

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I suggest the category named Bounciest boobies be changed to the Tenny Award in honor of our 3 time champion. :monster: We had some good suggestions for new categories last year that could be used this year.

Tenny's boobs are divine. True fax.

tumblr_m860v4ddPI1r76txgo1_500.jpg

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Most likely to die in a zombie apocalypse: Me. As a Hispanic I will most likely not last very long. I'm guessing I'll do everything right but then someone else will fuck up and I'll end up getting killed for it because it just so happens that I'm the only Puerto Rican in the group. -_-

Last edited:

Ghost X

For those that pay attention to the animal photo thread thing (I know I don't :wacky:), how about a "cutest pet" award or something like that?

Also...

Best "novelty award idea" award:

>__>
<__<

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Most likely to die in a zombie apocalypse: Me. As a Hispanic I will most likely not last very long. I'm guessing I'll do everything right but then someone else will fuck up and I'll end up getting killed for it because it just so happens that I'm the only Puerto Rican in the group. -_-

And I'll probably get killed not because I'm half-Mexican, but because I'll be spending every available moment trying to bone the only Puerto Rican chick in the group.

They're the hottest Latinas. Rest assured, tying to make certain that your genes are passed on would be my top priority in an apocalyptic scenario, my dear.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
But you see however noble your action are getting it on with you would be mean I would die even quicker, first two Hispanics together have probably never survived long and that would also mean I would no longer be a virgin which grants me the only possibility of surviving a zombie apocalypse cause you know the universe loves virgins and they most always survive.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Then we better procreate in a hurry. At least as The Pregnant Hispanic Chick you might have a shot.

Unless Zack Snyder is the director, of course.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I foresee a repeat of the zombie infant thing from the Dawn of the Dead remake in the future :awesome:

Also, you two come hang with me when the zombie apocalypse kicks off. I got too many weapons to swing to do it alone.

Top Bottom