TLS Awards 2013: Discussion

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
So it looks like all of us completely forgot about these. Let's discuss.

Fangu

Great Old One
I'd like to suggest 20 because 42 is too much and 20 would be perfect.

I'll start -- cus I made suggestions on the 20 categories I felt made the most sense last yar.

Member of the year
Best forum staffer (mod etc)
Best front page contributor (incl anyone writing Weekly Roundups)
Penis
Boobars
Most improved
Best n00b
Hottest male
Hottest female
Phoenix down award (best comeback)
Drunkard
Funniest
Member you'd like to meet
Quality poster
Wish you were here-award
Most helpful
Most pedantic
Most talented (art, writing etc)
Most likely to post n00dz
Best ship

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I would like to add "Most likely to die and least likely to die in a zombie appocalypse" because those were really categories. :monster:

edit: Also Best Ass and Best Beard, this must come back for great justice.

edit2: Chaos and Cosmos, Most Likely to Save and Most Likely to Take Over the World, Funniest

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Oooooh I have a suggestion. 'Best TLS ambassador'. Who has worked the best of marketing TLS to the outside?

This thought wasn't really sparked by anyone in particular but I think it's a good award because it's something we should definitely give an award for. And strive for. Etc.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I would like to add "Most likely to die and least likely to die in a zombie appocalypse" because those were really categories. :monster:

Also Best Ass and Best Beard, this must come back for great justice.

Consider my beard all up in thar.

Also I feel it... This is the year I win hottest male. You heard it here folks :reptar:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You know Yop is gonna ban you to eliminate his competition. I suspect the same will happen to MOG and Carlos. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Being a spic already gives you street cred, Yop eliminates you and you'll be infamous bro. :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
b7, fuck off competition.

I haven't been to the gym in weeks (or at least not regularly) and have failed to lose the beer gut despite three+ years of gym etc, therefore, in order to win I'll just ban the competition, and everyone that doesn't vote for me.

Carry on.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
Most cynical? :awesome:

I had to shave my beard the other day to pass Emergency Response Team training at work or I would definitely be in the running for that one. It was the best beard I'd had yet.

Most cynical and Needs to post more.

I will be happy with that.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
so do we have any consensus on what number of awards we should have? people keep adding new ones to the list already posted above but i'm not sure if i should just add all of them or just winnow them down

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I honestly would've been fine just reusing most of last year's categories and replacing a few of the outdated ones with more current ones, but it seems like a lot of people want fewer categories. I have to confess that I don't entirely see the purpose of this; if you don't like a category there's nothing saying you have to vote in it. As for saying that people might not be bothered voting/nominating for all of them, well, that's life. People will probably have about two weeks for nominations, and I got enough nominations for all of the categories last time around that there weren't any problems going forward with the awards.

But, that said, I'm going to leave it up to the boards how many and what awards we have.

Top Bottom