Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay, I am creating a separate thread for this. Here are the finalists for our categories:

Code:
[b]High Honors[/b]
1.  Best Overall Poster [COLOR="Cyan"](The Lifestream Award)[/COLOR]
2.  Lifetime Achievement** [COLOR="cyan"](The Holy Award)[/COLOR]

[b]Aesthetic Awards[/b]
3.  Hottest Male [COLOR="cyan"](Vincent Award)[/COLOR]
4.  Hottest Female [COLOR="cyan"](Lucrecia Award)[/COLOR]
5.  Best Voice [COLOR="cyan"](Megaphone Award)[/COLOR]
6.  Best Bust (Tifa Award)
7.  Best Ass (Mukki Award)
8.  Member You'd Like To Bone (Honeybee Award)

[b]Demeanor Distinctions[/b]
9. TLS Peacekeeper  (Angeal Award)
10. Friendliest Member [COLOR="cyan"](Zack Award)[/COLOR]
11. Most Entertaining / Funniest (Palmer Award)
12. Most Improved (Cait Sith Award)
13. Horniest Member (Don Corneo Award)
14. Most Helpful (What The Hell - Finger? Award)
15. Most Pedantic (Hojo Award)
16. Best Drunk (Reno Award)
17. Best TLS Ship (Highwind Award)
18. Crack TLS Ship (Tiny Bronco Award)

[b]Board Badges[/b]
19. Best Response / GIF [COLOR="Cyan"](God Damn Tea Award)[/COLOR]
20. Most Creative Poster [COLOR="cyan"](Reeve Award)[/COLOR]
21. Best Forum Staffer [COLOR="cyan"](Rufus Award)[/COLOR]
22. Best Newcomer* (Cloud Award)
23. Best Site Contributor [COLOR="cyan"](Bugenhagen Award)[/COLOR]
24. Best Thread Starter (Barret Award)
25. Member You'd Most Like To Meet [COLOR="cyan"](Dio Award)[/COLOR]
26. Wish You Were Here*** (Aeris Award)
27. Best Sig/ Ava [COLOR="cyan"](Ribbon Award)[/COLOR]
28. Best Comeback (Phoenix Down Award)
29. Least Likely To Win An Award [COLOR="cyan"](Heidegger Award)[/COLOR]
30. Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win [COLOR="cyan"](Scarlet Award)[/COLOR] 

[b]Fandom Fortunes[/b]
31. Ultimate FF Fan (Mayor Domino's Library Award)
32. Creative Contributor - Visual [COLOR="cyan"](Event Square Award)[/COLOR]
33. Creative Contributor - Fiction/Poetry (LOVELESS Award)
34. Creative Contributor - Non-Fiction [COLOR="cyan"](Lazard Award)[/COLOR]
35. Creative Contributor - Audio [COLOR="cyan"](PHS Award)[/COLOR]

* Joined after Dec 1st last year (not Jan 1st this year because people who joined last December wouldn't have had a chance to be nominated)
** Must not have previously won this award
*** Hasn't logged in after a given cut-off date (to prevent the situation we seem to have every year where someone makes it onto the poll and then posts "I'm still here!")

At this point unless there is a blatantly obvious gap, I feel we should focus on discussing if any should be removed, are redundant or if we generally feel okay with these 35 - rather than trying to add more.

So I gave us around 5 days to discuss if this needs to be peeled back or not. Vote away and leave comments and what not. :monster:

Last edited:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Happy with most of it but no way is Lucrecia hottest female. I say change that to Tifa. Best bust could be the 'orthopedic underwear award' although admittedly that has connotations of biggest =best. But then so does Tifa :monster:

I'm not really that bothered though. Im more eager to get going with this.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Happy with most of it but no way is Lucrecia hottest female. I say change that to Tifa. Best bust could be the 'orthopedic underwear award' although admittedly that has connotations of biggest =best. But then so does Tifa :monster:

I'm not really that bothered though. Im more eager to get going with this.

I only suggested Lucrecia to sort of "match" Vincent. Frankly my tastes lean more towards Aerith. Not that I'd kick Tifa out of bed, mind. :monster: That said, the Orthopedic Underwear Award should definitely be used for something...

And yeah on the 20th we'll begin voting and I'll give people until the end of December to put their votes in, so one way or the other it'll all be underway quite soon.

Fangu

Great Old One
Don Corneo isa creeper and abusive, I suggest... idk :monster:

And Honeybee Inn is a whore house - idk I don't want to pay anyone to bone them.

Yuffie isn't intentionally funny, just unintentionally :P

Reno drinking a lot is a fanfic made trope, isn't it? While Rude is referenced as a party animal in the game.

idk do we really need names for all of them?

The hottest member award should be the Tseng award. Just saying.

Also I agree with Octo that Tifa is hotter than Lucrecia. However, it is CANON that Cissnei is the hottest woman in Shinra, so....

I feel that there should be a Rude award, but I don't know for what. Flashiest member, maybe.

@ Fangu: It's Reno who says, "Lookin' at you is makin' me sober." Drunk Reno is canon. Chainsmoker Reno is the fanon thing.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I demand whatever award I have any diminutive chance of being potentially nominated for to be renamed the Nanaki award, just to say I was at least a part of it :sadpanda:
I can make a case for whatever it is, no matter how Monty Python; that's what my degree is basically in :monster:

If everyone here was familiar enough with ObstinateMelon's FFVII comic, I'd love to suggest renaming the Ultimate FF Fan to the Johnny Award (all slang aside).

Perhaps Friendliest Member award could be changed to Zack? I can't say I know a huge deal about Zack's personality, but what little I'm under the impression of might make it more suitable than Bugenhagen? (And then maybe Bugenhagen could be for Site Contributor, giving rise to "Most disjointed use of "Wolf" in their username" Award [every forum has a plethora of people with wolf in their username], which we could call the Nanaki award, and it's only applicable to usernames in orangey yellow font that have also never changed name).

Anyway, ignoring that previous sentence, I'm more genuine in my suggestion with the Zack one :)
Otherwise, the awards are good. Neat and distinct from one another.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I feel like maybe we could branch out from FF7 a bit? Zidane would be a good fit instead of Don Corneo, and loses some of the connotations.

FF7 doesn't have good fits for all of them.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Zidane grabs Dagger's ass without her permission. :P

I personally like the FFVII theme because we are an FFVII (Compilation included) forum. But I don't really care that much. You can't please all of the people all of the time, so at some point you're just going to have to make a decision, JT.

And why is Cait Sith (/Reeve) not a good fit for most improved? He goes from spying on your party to spying for your party.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Zidane grabs Dagger's ass without her permission. :P

I personally like the FFVII theme because we are an FFVII (Compilation included) forum. But I don't really care that much. You can't please all of the people all of the time, so at some point you're just going to have to make a decision, JT.

And why is Cait Sith (/Reeve) not a good fit for most improved? He goes from spying on your party to spying for your party.

Reeve is a seperate award, this only evaluates Cait Sith.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
6c5728491696ac74f96bf5dbe01283cb.gif

I wanna start nominations :monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Don Corneo isa creeper and abusive, I suggest... idk :monster:

Yeah... I suppose the title is problematic, but unfortunately he's the only well known horn dog. We could potentially use Rude here because of the boys discussion about which girl they wanna bang.

And Honeybee Inn is a whore house - idk I don't want to pay anyone to bone them.

Ah, but keep in mind sometimes couples go into the Honeybee Manor together, like that old couple or that weird seance thing... :monster:

Yuffie isn't intentionally funny, just unintentionally :P

In hindsight, Maybe Bugenhagen should be the funniest. Lic is right, he's totally a troll. But I think she serves as the comic relief of the group so any suggestions for a new one?

idk do we really need names for all of them?

It's not so much a "need" thing as it is an informal annotation. I didn't want some to have a name and not others. The proper title is the actual award name, the "names" are more or less just for fun.

The hottest member award should be the Tseng award. Just saying.

Also I agree with Octo that Tifa is hotter than Lucrecia. However, it is CANON that Cissnei is the hottest woman in Shinra, so....

Tseng and Cissnei would work, but I feel bad leaving Vincent out of the mix.

Perhaps Friendliest Member award could be changed to Zack? And then maybe Bugenhagen could be for Site Contributor,

I actually like that a lot. I'm making an executive decision on that one to change both of those outright.

12. Most Improved (Cait Sith Award)

Well this needs to be changed immediately. Could make it the Denzel award because of ACC.

Decent argument but I think Cait Sith was nommed because of Dirge of Cerberus where he was a much better character. I'll put it up on the docket though.

I feel like maybe we could branch out from FF7 a bit? Zidane would be a good fit instead of Don Corneo, and loses some of the connotations.

FF7 doesn't have good fits for all of them.

Clem, I was right there with you. I wanted Best Ass to be Noctis and Bangable to Quistis, but I think Flint makes a good point about sticking with the FF7 theme. For right now since we have so little time left I'd say lets stick to FF7 and next year we make an Awards with names featuring the entire series.

Oh yeah Flint. On the 20th come hell or high water I'm going to just go with what seems to have the most support but no reason not to have a discussion until that time.

That said, here are the proposed name changes. I made a simple Yay / Nay survey on them. I know this isn't the most secure option, but it's an alternate name for an informal election for superlatives on a final fantasy fan site, so I'm okay if it's not super serial. :monster:

Name Change Survey #1

Edit: Octo, just so you know we will be forgoing "nomination" and instead doing straight nomvoting through PMs so that will begin on the 20th.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
I don't see a problem with not all of the awards having FF related names - actually, using those kind of titles might make keeping up with the threads confusing, it'll be all 'wtf award was the Nanaki award again' :wacky:

Anyway I have cared way more than I really do

Also, if nomming starts on the 20th, when do we vote? Please none of this nomvote crap :monster:

Edit: Oh wait there is nomvoting planned :( Nooo but that's boring :(

...FANGU STOP CARING

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Unfortunately since we got so late a start nom-voting is the only realistic option here. I realize it may make for a chaotic vote, but it's preferable to this going on for another two months for various nomination rounds. I promise next year we'll get an earlier start and can do a proper nomination phase.

Edit: And as I said - the proper title is the first one. The name award is simply an add-on.

Fangu

Great Old One
Well, if we did one week of nomming and one week of voting we'd get there :monster:

But, as you were. I'm just getting old so by default I cling to nostalgia and fear change :wacky:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Are we just going to PM you one vote per category then as soon as they crop up?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Are we just going to PM you one vote per category then as soon as they crop up?

I will have a full ballot with each of the categories and you will just PM me your answers en masse.

Edit: you can of course abstain from putting an answer in any categories you don't have an opinion on or cba to think of one for lol :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I like nominating then voting, too - it helps inspire others into realising the greater variety of names (likewise, that can work the other way; not as strongly, but no matter).
And it keeps me from thinking hard since night shifts have me feeling silly in my thinking :P

But to be serious again, best do what's best in the end and you know that yourself, we'll all get by without a bother, and thank you for taking this on board [and at such a late time, too] :)

I actually like that a lot. I'm making an executive decision on that one to change both of those outright.

Glad to have helped. This now being the case, I will gladly accept my honorary Nanaki award (For what? Doesn't matter - it's all in the name, and that's a vanity I accept). Cheers.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

Glad to have helped. This now being the case, I will gladly accept my honorary Nanaki award (For what? Doesn't matter - it's all in the name, and that's a vanity I accept). Cheers.

The Nanaki Award For Least Fucks Given About What People Call You? :desucait:

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Oh my, you know that "biggest username changer" award? If that was still a thing it would totally be the Nanaki award!

Top Bottom