TLS Awards 2019 - Obligatory Discussion Thread

AKA
Fancy
EDIT:
As a result of the poll we ran, we're going to be getting rid of all the Aesthetic Awards save Best Voice.

arigato

OG POST
Heyo loves!

It's around that time of year again for the annual TLS awards!

There's a bit of a twist this year in the awards, as we'll be holding a ceremony here on the forums as well as our discord, which will have its own set of awards and nominees separate from the forum! In order to allow time to run both the event here as well as the Discord, I'm going to be kicking off the discussion early and have hopes to run the polls in early November/late October. All will be revealed late December/early January depending.

Hype!!

Aesthetics
Hottest Male
Hottest Female
Best Voice
Best Chest
Best Ass
Member You'd like to Bang

Personality
Horniest Member
Best Drunk
Most Knowledgeable
Most Helpful
Most Friendly
Peacekeeper
Most Entertaining
Cheekiest Bastard
Member You'd Most Like to Meet

Membership and Posting
Best Overall Poster
Best Site Contributor
Best TLS Ship
Best Crack TLS Ship
Best Forum Staffer
Best Newcomer
Wish You Were Here
Ultimate FF Fan
Most Improved
Best Comeback
Most Creative
Least Likely to Win An Award
Best Pet of a Member
Post of the Year
Thread of the Year
Best Gif User

Lifetime Achievement

Please, use this thread to discuss said awards, state your case for new awards, and argue your case against existing ones if you have an issue lol.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Aesthetics
Hottest Male
Hottest Female
Best Voice
Best Chest
Best Ass
Member You'd like to Bang
Ditch everything but best voice cause you can have people sending funny, cool voice overs. The purpose of the other categories was to get people to share pictures but the voting has made just the same people over and over posting. We can just have a thread for everyone to share what they want and that's it.

AKA
Fancy
Ditch everything but best voice cause you can have people sending funny, cool voice overs. The purpose of the other categories was to get people to share pictures but the voting has made just the same people over and over posting. We can just have a thread for everyone to share what they want and that's it.
I wondered if this was gonna be the year that aesthetics was finally done away with! lol.

I'll likely run a poll later to get a gauge of how the community feels but, for my part, I've never been the biggest fan of the category—though I'm well aware of the fact that I've partaken in it. There was always this weird, poisonous sort of pressure to do it, even though I knew no one would directly tell me to post anything at all! I'd feel obligated anyway, cuz there was this morbid part of myself that was curious to see how I'd rank, even as I was actively weary of the results or felt silly for being that interested... I resented that feeling haha.

I could absolutely be the only person who's ever felt this way, and that's fine, but I thought I'd give my honest account anyway.

Anyway... just the notion of being measured and weighed against others for some of our most vulnerable features is a bit off-putting and, for that reason, I think it's the least fun category of all of them. I'm aware that it's all done in good fun in the end I reckon, but I want to consider those who may be made to feel a type of way if they see themselves trailing behind several points in any of these shallower categories.

One might argue that it's on the offended party to get over themselves and to not take the polls so personally, but why encourage that sorta bad mojo in the first place? It's all so juvenile. I think we're past putting folks on pedestals for their looks. I reckon it's loads healthier to try and celebrate other aspects of our personhood that shine—past genetics that simply can't be helped one way or another. 🙂

I'll be voting against the category myself, but should the community make its voice heard and vote to keep the category, I reckon I shan't be a hypocrite this year and finally won't participate. 🙂

Last edited:
AKA
Fancy
^I'll throw up a poll on this matter early Wednesday morning (my time) and we can keep live it for a week. It'll be anonymous!

Anyone else have any concerns they'd like to vocalise or sexy awards they'd like to suggest? :megusta:

I never sent in any photos, but if 'pressure' is coming up that's a red flag for me.

Post of the Year
Thread of the Year
Most Prolific Poster (a bit too mathematically provable, maybe?)
(I'm thinking of some kind of non FF related gaming award, but can't think of a metric to use. 'Best Gamer' sounds too elitist, I can't figure out how to make it work.)

AKA
Fancy
bump bump bump so folks can see.

You have a maximum of two votes. One is meant for each question:

1. Do we rid of the Aesthetics Awards save Voice?

2. Do we merge Best Crack TLS Ship with Best TLS Ship.

Running this for a week. Thanks!

AKA
Fancy
What is best crack TLS ship and best TLS ship and what is the difference?
I reckon one has to do with a likely pair and the other has to do with folks that will never be but it's fun to ship anyway idk. The lines seemed a bit blurred last year. I recall several pairing being nominated in both categories :wacky: which is why I'm personally voting for the merge. 🙃

Top Bottom