TLS Awards Revisited

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Considering that we have lots of time 'till the awards come back around, and considering there hasn't been a whooooooooooole lot of feedback, I'll keep this open for a while and continue bumping from time to time.

:monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Regarding the 'Paradox Award' (I don't know when its name changed to that), its original name was 'Least likely to win an award'. It being informally regarded as a paradox award made sense, but the meaning was lost along the way.

Coincidentally, I'm in favor of scrapping it. It's not very meaningful at all. :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Regarding the 'Paradox Award' (I don't know when its name changed to that), its original name was 'Least likely to win an award'. It being informally regarded as a paradox award made sense, but the meaning was lost along the way.

Coincidentally, I'm in favor of scrapping it. It's not very meaningful at all. :monster:

It's the only one I even have a chance of winning though :kermit:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
So I have a few ideas:

+ Addition of Platinum awards. Having four different award rankings could open up the possibility of having more winners.

OR

+ Changing the ranking system from bronze/silver/gold to something different. I.e. Materia, Magicite, etc.

OR

+ Removing the ranking system entirely and having the 3-4 top-voted nominees receive the same award.

Aaaaannnnddd possibly highly controversial: how would everyone feel about revamping the trophies:
2015Gold.png

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I think I've crossed a line by recommending a trophy change so I'll just pretend that never happened. :monster: Unless there are actually people who are interested...:kermit:

It depends on whether or not:
+ we add platinum trophies
OR
+ we go with FF themed trophies like Materia or whatever
I.e. we could change the little orb that he's holding to a red/green/blue materia orb or a little baby chocobo or something. I'm just throwing out ideas hur. :wacky:

I personally think we should have some moogle and chocobo trophies, I mean really. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
But the Cookie Monster is a symbol of who we are as a community. If you change it to chocobos or materias then we're just like every other FF forum. :closedmonster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I don't think anyone has a problem with the suggestion of changing the trophies being made but it really depends on the kind of change that would occur. I figure people wouldn't be upset by something like a shiny new version of the cookie monster trophy that looks mostly the same but better. Channy's right about cookie monster being important to community idea tiny, which is why he's the trophy to begin with. I wouldn't mind changing what he's holding though. If we get chocobo or moogle trophies, they'd probably have to be chocobo/moogle versions of cookie monster.

Fangu

Great Old One
So I had this idea pop into my head about an award that's like... "The Dynamic Award". (Name it after any type of random spell or limit break or some such.) Like an award that varies? Okay bear with me. Each person nominate a person for an award they pretty much make up. And then you vote between all the suggestions. (We might do a thing where one person only get one award in the poll so it's not just the same ten people for everything.)

Like,
Ami for Prettiest Gluten Intolerant
Shademp for Hunkiest Swede
Lex for Best Nipples

etc you get the point

I think it can be some sort of a replacement for all those random awards (like the zombie awards from 2014 etc). Also I'm sure people will come up with all sorts of funny shit :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Well that saved us a job. What's next? :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Since it's getting a bit late in the year, and since running the awards takes a lot of work, and since nobody has yet stepped forward, why don't we have a stripped-down version of the Awards this year? And when I say stripped down, I'm not (just) referring to the inevitable sexiest whatever categories :monster: - I mean we should settle on maybe half the usual number of categories, have a quick nomination period and then put up all the polls at the same time.

I'd be up for doing something different with the polls, like having a secret ballot (it would make revealing the results a lot more exciting and would prevent bandwagon voting) but at this point I guess we should stick to what people know. Unfortunately the "Awards reform" conversation we started earlier this year never really went anywhere and now it's a bit late.

I don't mind running the awards but I already have a TLS project on the boil so I'd be happy for someone else to do it. Or do we even want to bother with it at all this year? Hey forum staff, decide something. :P

Ghost X

I don’t wanna name names, but if I recall correctly I thought someone had offered to take over the job last year, unless they decided not to at some point, and I forgot / didn't read such. I'm inconveniently busy tomorrow, but I could run it if no one else wants to. Slap something together real quick.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I don't care what happens as long as I win something. And as long as that something isn't 'biggest shitbag' or something.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Okay, let nobody say JT shirks his titular obligation. I'll run this bitch. But I have been relatively non-involved in the past, do we just generally do a round of nomvoting for categories, finalize said categories then vote?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'd just idk, pick categories, do a nomvote, one round, until the end of the year. Use google forms if need be.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I thought about Google Forms but we'd have to make sure that only members can vote and that they can only vote once. We'd probably have to send out unique keys to everyone who wants to vote. Easier to run it on the board, I think, either by PM or by the traditional poll.

AvecAloes

Donator
Yeah, sorry, pretty sure I was one of the volunteers, but then Grad School happened. And hit me like a train. Over and over and over. You know, because of the multiple cars.

Also, Force just wants n00dz

Top Bottom