• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

TLS Discord (More better than Skype)

X6Rei9m.gif

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I said it was Tel like ages ago on the chat. :monster:

I'll change the direct link on the first page of this thread to go to the chit_chat. No idea why it went straight to FFXIV, I just thought people were trying to trigger me by randomly messaging there. :closedmonster:

Fangu

Great Old One
Sooo I'm kind of under the impression that the server Joe set up is functioning more as a 'TLS XIV guild' server rather than an actual TLS server.

I like Discord. But I'm proposing that we move back to Ryu's test server or create a new one. Since there's no problem following several "servers" on Discord at the same time I don't see it as being a major difference from the setup as is today.

Thoughts?

Lex

Administrator
It would make more sense to keep all the TLS stuff on one server IMO. The issue is that people are only chatting in one channel.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
We definitely use it a lot for FFXIV, though the channels are separated for a reason; people can use both the chit chat text and voice chat without getting in the middle of XIV chat.
It's convenient for all of us on the game but the Skype social convo still seems to be going strong so I guess people would rather chit chat there. Either is fine. :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
We definitely use it a lot for FFXIV, though the channels are separated for a reason; people can use both the chit chat text and voice chat without getting in the middle of XIV chat.
Yeah but the problem is, people I have no idea who are keep popping into the Chit Chat. And while that's not a problem in itself, because new people are GREAT, it feels old to keep asking them 'are you on TLS?' 'Who are you on TLS?' (should I even bother asking anymore?) (do they even know what TLS is?) because it makes it feel like it isn't really a TLS server :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
The best way to stop it from becoming a XIV guild is if more non-XIV players chat there. Like me! I'm on it every day.

I don't see the logic in moving back to Ryu's test server (10 people) now that we've established the TLS server (29 people and counting).

Edit: To your latest post, I know who all but one of those 29 people are. The one I don't know is "Honey". It would be nice if people identified themselves when they joined, but we can't really expect it or enforce it since it's a public server. Same goes for the Skype chat – why advertise it on the front page if we don't want strangers there?

Fangu

Great Old One
^ Yeah but we're fairly sure the people who come into the Skype chat entered through a link from TLS. Right now it feels like (to me anyway, I might be wrong) that there's a bunch of XIV players who pop into 'chit chat' completely unaware that it's actually meant to be a TLS chit chat*. Again, I might be wrong :monster:

* Isn't that how we meant to set it up since this 'chit chat' was meant to replace Skype?

Also Ryu's server has been dead for like a year, no wonder it's just 10 people :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
In case there's any confusion, everyone that's on the Discord (for either FFXIV or the ChatChit) is an established forum user. There's nobody just from the game, we're pretty much all from here. :monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm on Discord and Skype :monster: Because some people on Skype never made a Discord account so I go back and forth to chat. Also I chilled out on the XIV voice channel because that's the only voice channel used even though I don't play the game, and it was cool, I don't think anyone minded me (not like I said much, just wanted to hang out :monster:)

Sometimes I get caught up on the names of the channels, so like I pretty much stayed outta the XIV one and stuff cuz I don't have the game and didn't want to intrude. But I was brave enough to ask if I could chill in the voice chat for it and realized I'm just shy, it's not like you can only join the chat if you play XIV. :D

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think someone mentioned in the Discord chat that there should be a 'welcome' channel, where every new joiner is supposed to introduce themselves to.

There's a FFXIV dedicated Discord thing that has a bot which adds you to certain channels once you identify your class; maybe (if we put in some effort) we could do the same thing for the TLS discord?

Or just make it a rule that your name on there should equal your TLS name.

Lex

Administrator
For the record you can right-click the server you're on and set your nick for the server, so maybe we should make it so that people have to use their forum name or at least put it in brackets?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
We can ask people to do that but I don't think it should be a requirement. As I said, it's a public server. If people want to come chat with us without signing up to the forum (maybe we'll persuade them to sign up from Discord) that's fine by me.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yeah, it's just fucking weird if people don't introduce themselves.

Lex

Administrator
I mean, we can add a "welcome" channel with a command that allows people to set a server-specific nickname, and it should be theoretically possible (though I'm not sure) to make it so that people can't post anything until they've done that.

I definitely get the frustration from not knowing who people are but I have no strong opinions one way or the other about whether or not we should put these measures into practice, I'll leave that up to group consensus. I would prefer that people use their forum name or referenced it in some way, but I'm not against people joining that channel through other means. People referencing their forum names being a requirement would help us distinguish who is and isn't already a forum member though, which would be useful for a number of reasons (a feeling of security among them).

Top Bottom