TLS E3 Livestream 2017

Lex

Administrator
Well, we're getting to that time of year again. This is an annual event on TLS, and this year will be no different. I'm off work during E3 so I'm happy to set up the stream and voice chat as usual.

This year we'll be using Discord for voice chat - it provides the best overall ease of use/ voice quality and most importantly for me as the streamer, individual user and volume control (please see voice chat rules below, and please do not join the voice chat without adhering to these <3).

Instructions on how to join the TLS Discord are available in the Discord thread <3

The conference times are as follows:

EA: Saturday, 10th June 1200 USPT, 1400 USET, 2000 BST, 2100 CET
Microsoft: Sunday, 11th June 1400 USPT, 1600 USET, 2200 BST. 2300 CET
Sony: Monday, 12th June 1800 USPT, 2000 USET, 0200 BST, 0300 CET

We're likely to see more of VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III this year. Quite possible XV DLC also. That said there's always the possibility we won't, given Square-Enix's general lack of awareness.

Please be excited!

Not to bring it down, but I explain all of this every year and we still get people joining not following these rules. In Discord I have control over individual volume, including the ability to mute. For the sake of people watching our stream, please read these rules and follow them. Do not join the voice chat if you don't plan on adhering to them, because I'll have to mute you.

If you're planning on joining the voice chat, please do the following (or be muted! :P):

- Watch the YouTube livestreams (better quality and we're more likely to be in-sync reaction wise). These will likely be provided here and/or in text chats.
- Do not watch the TLS stream. If you're on voice chat, you're watching the YouTube stream, not the TLS stream. If you watch the TLS stream you'll hear your own voice echoing back at you and won't be able to listen to the conference.
- Have the TLS stream text chat open in a popout window so you can respond to viewers.
- Reactions are fine! Totally off topic chat during trailers is not XD
- Wear headphones - this is non-negotiable. Every year at least two people have to be told that their volume is echoing down their mic because they're not using headphones. It's inconsiderate to others on the voice chat and also anyone on stream.
- Minimum background noise. If you're in a house with dogs and kids or unavoidable noise, please use push-to-talk or find a quieter place to sit while you watch the conference.

In summary: Wear headphones, watch the streams on YouTube, be considerate, please be excited <3

C_i3m1NUMAE4DPc.jpg

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's the most wonderful tiiiime of the yeeeaaar.

And let's be sure to record all of our reactions so we don't miss anything like what happened with Lost Legacy. D:

Pixel

The Pixie King
Is it possible to stream on both Twitch and Youtube. I think I saw someone doing that with a zelda stream. I think there was some software involved that lets you monitor both chats.

Lex

Administrator
In theory yes but you'd be compromising the fidelity of both streams - PC wise my rig is up to scratch to do it but even though my internet is beastly, I'm not sure I'd want to risk the occasional buffering for everyone.

Lex

Administrator
Will be doing a sound check a couple of hours before the EA stream on Saturday. Try to be there if you can!

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I'll be there for the Sony conference. Its not worth the trip organization to make it for any other stream. Super psyched. New mic and everything for it.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Will be doing a sound check a couple of hours before the EA stream on Saturday. Try to be there if you can!

That's good because I noticed Discord doesn't have anything that allows you to check your own sound quality/volume levels etc.

Lex

Administrator
How do you mean? It has a bunch of volume options for each individual person in a group call, it's one of the reasons I want to use it this year. If you mean my own voice, that'll be broadcast through Obs and I have control through there. The challenge is trying to make us all sound level.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I mean it doesn't have a sound/microphone test for like, if one wants to check if they sound okay before entering a conversation. :monster:
Like Skype has a test call thing where it plays your message back to you, Mumble has a configuration where you can hear yourself etc.

Pixel

The Pixie King
If there are any FF announcements, can you send the archived vid over to the YouTube channel as private and I'll dub the audio and edit the full quality stream?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Damn. The Sony Conference starts at exactly the same time as my weekly D&D game. One of my players is a KH fanatic, and I am obviously a Final Fantasy fan, so... at least one of us is gonna miss something? *knock on wood*

During the conference, we'll be gaming and thus have our phones off, but we'll probably make a live reaction video afterwards. Maybe with some happy smoke. We are in Vancouver after all. Have fun at E3 everyone!!

iEL5rbS.gif

Lex

Administrator
I traditionally do, but would you mind doing it this year Tets? I have a lot to get sorted before we start streaming later today.

Lex

Administrator
The Sony conference is starting in an hour.

Everyone is welcome, but I swear by almighty jeebus if there are any shenanigans (pointless chat, background noise, talking over trailers/ dialogue, anything that is not a reaction or discussion to what is going on in the conference) then I'll have to mute and you won't know it because I'll be the only one unable to hear you (meaning your voice also won't be streamed).

Please read the OP and adhere to the rules! Thanks <3

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
:closedmonster:

*pulls out headphones*

edit: also, do we have a link for the youtube stream yet? I can't find it. Only the twitch one

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Is it okay to join the voice chat even if I'm not going to be talking? I'd watch the twitch but it hates my wifi. I just want to listen to you guys :sadpanda:

Lex

Administrator
I'm fine with that unless the number of people in the chat starts to affect bandwidth, in that scenario you would be the first to go :monster:

If you're OK with that, sure :)

Top Bottom